Karl Hobbs Interviewing for College of Charlestown HC Job | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Karl Hobbs Interviewing for College of Charlestown HC Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What has he ever done to suggest that he would be a good coach?

Well, he's currently an assistant coach at Ryder and he's been an assistant in the D-League. So both college and Pro experience. Way more experience than Ollie had coming in.

And it's not like we are going to bring in an assistant Head Coach. Presumably, this will be a guy who works his way up. Yell is perfect in that regard. Plus the fact he's desperate to coach at UCONN.

Reaction Score
Well, he's currently an assistant coach at Ryder and he's been an assistant in the D-League. So both college and Pro experience. Way more experience than Ollie had coming in.

And it's not like we are going to bring in an assistant Head Coach. Presumably, this will be a guy who works his way up. Yell is perfect in that regard. Plus the fact he's desperate to coach at UCONN.
I've seen him publicly say before that'd he loved to be a coach at UConn multiple times

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If he goes, there's always Dove. I'm sure he's not up to anything too sensational at the moment.

Reaction Score
If he goes, there's always Dove. I'm sure he's not up to anything too sensational at the moment.
And we'll only have to pay him minimum wage. But if we are looking for a bigs man coach there only one person who makes sense and you know who I'm talk'n bout

Reaction Score
As said above it will be interesting to see if they stay in the family if Karl gets the gig. Maybe Ray says bye bye and joins the staff? LOL

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What has he ever done to suggest that he would be a good coach?

I'd give him a shot. As long as he's not the free throw coach.

(Ironically, he was actually a really good FT shooter - I think went 20 for 20 one game.)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I wonder at times if Donyell would refuse the offer if presented with it. He seemed to take it as a snub when he wasn't chosen earlier on and there might be some bitterness there. That being said, I do think he'd take the job if it were to be offered, but the small doubt still lingers.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'd give him a shot. As long as he's not the free throw coach.

(Ironically, he was actually a really good FT shooter - I think went 20 for 20 one game.)

At St. John's. Big East record.

BRB, going to go throw things.

Reaction Score
@GoodmanESPN: Ritchie McKay now out. Karl Hobbs on outside looking in. That leaves Earl Grant and Bobby Lutz as two frontrunners for Charleston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom