June recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

June recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean I think our chances with getting strong are pretty good. I mean she follows Morgan, and she also follows her “would be” teammates Allie and cheli. She doesn’t follow future teammates from other schools too. Just from watching her highlights she’s the number 1 player we should be focusing on. I mean at 6”2(looks like 6”3 to me) she’s so versatile and physical. She shoots the three and mid range so effortlessly and is so fast and sneaky in transition. Makes brilliant passes and bodies you down low. She’s very unique and stands out in the class. If she did commit that would round out the class really good. It would be even better if we got arianna, maybe tac, maybe maybe koval(doubt it)

Reaction Score
I mean I think our chances with getting strong are pretty good. I mean she follows Morgan, and she also follows her “would be” teammates Allie and cheli. She doesn’t follow future teammates from other schools too. Just from watching her highlights she’s the number 1 player we should be focusing on. I mean at 6”2(looks like 6”3 to me) she’s so versatile and physical. She shoots the three and mid range so effortlessly and is so fast and sneaky in transition. Makes brilliant passes and bodies you down low. She’s very unique and stands out in the class. If she did commit that would round out the class really good. It would be even better if we got arianna, maybe tac, maybe maybe koval(doubt it)
Not to mention she also follows aaliyah, Aubrey, Paige, kk, and ice

Reaction Score
I hear you. Her offense maybe a little better than Liv’s was in high school. I was thinking of the moment when she drives left and puts the ball up at the rim with her right hand. If you’re taller than everyone else (like she clearly is in high school, and as Liv was too) you can get away with that. But in D1, where there’s lots of bigs, that’s gonna get blocked.

And now I have to tease you a little bit: top spin? That would be interesting to see. Perhaps you meant back spin? It’s not like she’ll be allowed to bring a tennis racket on the court… though that might be a cool development in the sport. :p

But I think you’re right about Liv’s shooting form. The ball seemed like an alien object in hands. This girl looks a bit more comfortable with the ball in her hands.
I saw that shot you are talking about and I agree that she is playing against shorter competition and it worked. Dorka did the same thing until some point this past season against taller competition when she finally would use her left hand for shot after having it blocked trying to go left and shooting with her right hand.

Reaction Score

Who are you talking about?

Reaction Score
I'm not convinced Strong is coming to Storrs but i think she would be a total game-changer if she did......I don't think UConn has ever had a player with her unique set of skills along with a powerful body type like that........she's practically unguardable.......

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Here's a follow-up on the All-Tournament Team, which has two from the Gold Medal team (U.S.) and one each from 2 (Canada), 3 (Argentina) and 4 (Puerto Rico).

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
US defeats Canada by 20 to win the U16 title.

Jerzy Robinson the best player in the tourney and in the title game. Woliczko with another big game as well.

As I said in another post, at 14 Robinson could play at the U18 level right now. Her court awareness and understanding of how to use her body are off the charts for her age. Add in her skillset and that’s how you get the best player in her class by far.

Reaction Score
OMG! I love how strong Morgan looks in this video. She's a shooter, but she can bang in the paint. Unless I'm very much mistaken, she's not much smaller than Aaliyah, and maybe a touch quicker on the dribble.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
At 6'2" Morgan sure looks like a very versatile player...especially on offense. Good handle/shoots
from all 3 levels...quick enough to be effective against big defenders....tall enough to shoot over smaller ones.
A year still to develop....see her as in the rotation from day one...no matter who leaves...or doesn't leave...come May 2024.

Reaction Score
Brynn McGaughy – 2025 | META Hoops

McGaughy is one of the hottest names on the recruiting Trail this summer. The 6-foot-2 forward is comfortable all over the floor. The combination of her strong frame, overall skill, and power and jumping ability make her a rare find. She can handle the ball and will surprise you with her right to left shake to create space. She is a knock down three-point shooter as well.
If these are legit, add to her already formidable skill set/ repertoire..
Screenshot_20230619_003721_Instagram.jpg

Note: Still shot is a capture from linked video..

Reaction Score
Filling the gap left by Juju Watkins.

This seems... odd? Following the mens game I've always considered high school hopping a bit of a red flag and this is certainly raising my eyebrows now.

Reaction Score
At 6'2" Morgan sure looks like a very versatile player...especially on offense. Good handle/shoots
from all 3 levels...quick enough to be effective against big defenders....tall enough to shoot over smaller ones.
A year still to develop....see her as in the rotation from day one...no matter who leaves...or doesn't leave...come May 2024.
I love how you think.

When Morgan Cheli gets to Storrs and exhibits the same hard working attitude as this year's Freshmen, and follows AE's mom's motto of "the biggest room in the house is the "Room for Improvement," UCONN will be stacking up NC's like in the old days of Stewie, Morgan & MoJeff [sounds like a Law firm...]

Reaction Score
If these are legit, add to her already formidable skill set/ repertoire..
View attachment 89085
Note: Still shot is a capture from linked video..
Hopefully, she will be joining the [UCONN women's BB new 'Law firm'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom