July recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

July recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Raina Tomasicka- ever watch that player? Spitting image of Caitlin Clark, why is she not being mentioned?
People are probably starting to think that she is leaning towards turning pro. She has signed with Tarbes in France for the upcoming season.

Hollerl just finished up a solid tournament for Austria's U18 team, but they did finish 15th out of 18 teams in Division B:

She played plenty and did well for the club champions, but Austria's domestic league is very weak, like probably in the bottom quarter of all top division leagues in Europe:

Reaction Score
I know it's not his style but Geno should be putting a full-court recruiting press on the "Big O"..........imagine how dominating she could be with some serious UConn training.......
What makes you think he hasn’t already? I called this one months ago. The Big O is gonna be a Husky. I believe in the power of positive thinking. If I turn out to be wrong, feel free to say “I told you so.”

Reaction Score
I know it's not his style but Geno should be putting a full-court recruiting press on the "Big O"..........imagine how dominating she could be with some serious UConn training.......
As a 14 year old rising sophomore there is only so much recruiting that any school can do at this point. I believe it's safe to assume that GA and staff are doing all that the rules allow for now. The good news would be that the two unofficial visits and any other contact up to this time has been initiated by Vukosa. It looks like they are doing fine.

Reaction Score
As a 14 year old rising sophomore there is only so much recruiting that any school can do at this point. I believe it's safe to assume that GA and staff are doing all that the rules allow for now. The good news would be that the two unofficial visits and any other contact up to this time has been initiated by Vukosa. It looks like they are doing fine.

Yes, two unofficial visits to Storrs already is a great sign.............hopefully, she wants to stay closer to home as big physical posts with offensive skills are not easy to come by.............you know that other competing programs are going to push the idea that Geno is going to retire by 2026 or thereabouts so I'm hoping she will copy Kelis Fisher and sign early to keep the "wolves" at bay........

Reaction Score
From what little I've seen of her, Jerzy is a big strong guard. Quickness is not her virtue, but she has a good midrange game and doesn't mind bulling her way into the paint and scoring through contact. In this respect, she's reminiscent of Ashley Owusu.

Reaction Score
Yes, two unofficial visits to Storrs already is a great sign.............hopefully, she wants to stay closer to home as big physical posts with offensive skills are not easy to come by.............you know that other competing programs are going to push the idea that Geno is going to retire by 2026 or thereabouts so I'm hoping she will copy Kelis Fisher and sign early to keep the "wolves" at bay........
Well, neither Fisher nor the Big O can sign early. November of their senior year is the best they can do. ;)

Reaction Score
She's different alright. I've never seen a 14 year old girl with that kind of muscle development in her legs, arms, and shoulders. Her strength allows her to handle traffic, rebound, and play defense better than most kids 3-4 years older.
I had no idea she was only 14. Sheeesh.

Reaction Score
From what little I've seen of her, Jerzy is a big strong guard. Quickness is not her virtue, but she has a good midrange game and doesn't mind bulling her way into the paint and scoring through contact. In this respect, she's reminiscent of Ashley Owusu.
She looks quick enough for me, drives with either left or right hand, gets her shot off in variety of ways, has good maybe even deep range. She'd be a tremendous get.

Reaction Score
New Morgan Valley follow...Ajsa Sivka

No mystery who this is. She was briefly attending Tony Parker's academy at Lyon, making her only the third most talented player her age in their setup. Last season she played for Schio in Italy, the team that Dorka Juhasz is signed to for next season, but only played limited minutes. Slovenia's senior team suffered injuries and roster losses so she was in their starting lineup for EuroBasket and did well for her age. As shown in the video, she was the MVP as Slovenia won Europe's U18 championship.

Reaction Score
Well, neither Fisher nor the Big O can sign early. November of their senior year is the best they can do. ;)
I meant to say she verbally committed which while not a guarantee she will sign, certainly makes the odds far greater that she eventually will......

Reaction Score
She looks quick enough for me, drives with either left or right hand, gets her shot off in variety of ways, has good maybe even deep range. She'd be a tremendous get.
I don’t disagree. She’d be a great addition. We’ve had big strong guards before. I was merely observing what sort of addition she’d be. It would be especially interesting to have her on the floor next to Sarah Strong.

Reaction Score
Big O, yeah that's happening, prepary ye, prepare ye! Sarah Strong is also happening. Sometimes (pretty much all the time) the eyeball test and gut instinct is more reliable than social media and who is following who (as that can be deceptive).

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Aliyah Boston. You know the old “don’t count chickens….”
Our #1 priority should be Sarah Strong, especially since her class is next up after this season. Maybe she is waiting for November to make a big splash as Azzi did. My problem with that is it could be a huge let-down if she chooses someone else. I would prefer to open this forum one day to see that she indeed has committed to UConn. The Ceira Toomey miss still bothers me, so to me, the sooner the better. Come on Sarah, its only 4 months early, so let your future fans breathe a little easier. Would love to love you next year. We are waiting.

Reaction Score
Update on Olivia Vukosa from this article (paywall).

IMG_8796.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc