Jewell Loyd Leaving for WNBA | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jewell Loyd Leaving for WNBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm completely floored and worried what sort of a snowball effect might come from this. I dislike ND and would love for the Irish to fall off some with her departure, but what makes the women's college game special is that all the great kids a school gets stay for four years.

I also wonder what the money is really like. WNBA money certainly isn't anywhere near so much that you'd forgo a college degree for it. Overseas may be another story.

I guess I hope this only sucks for Notre Dame and doesn't start a trend for WCBB.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Why would Rebecca make her tweet if there wasn't a strong rumor. It always seemed like a strange tweet. "The Lady doth protest too much."

Reaction Score
Why would Rebecca make her tweet if there wasn't a strong rumor. It always seemed like a strange tweet. "The Lady doth protest too much."
Rumor? ND's own site has a statement from Muffet wishing Jewell well and that they appreciate all she has done for the program and understands it wasn't an easy decision. This seems like a 100% done deal if the school has put out a press release.

Reaction Score
interesting decision. A degree from Notre Dame is worth ALOT.

Also anyone up for a wager if Lachina is back at espn next season?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's really irrelevant. The real prize is the 7-figures she will make playing overseas next season.
I'm thinking mid 6-figures, but the change in info is stunning. The statements about her staying seemed solid.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Rumor? ND's own site has a statement from Muffet wishing Jewell well and that they appreciate all she has done for the program and understands it wasn't an easy decision. This seems like a 100% done deal if the school has put out a press release.
It is, but it's a 180-degree change in direction in 72 hours or so.

Reaction Score
Interesting decision. Smaller guards don't typically draw huge dollars overseas. Her style of play will likely earn her some shoe money from Nike or another company. While it may not be millions of dollars it does add up and potentially adds another year of earning money onto her career. And there is always the danger of an ACL injury like she saw Achonwa suffer.

I would have enjoyed seeing what she could do with Notre Dame next season outside of 1 or 2 games against UConn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm completely floored and worried what sort of a snowball effect might come from this. I dislike ND and would love for the Irish to fall off some with her departure, but what makes the women's college game special is that all the great kids a school gets stay for four years.

I also wonder what the money is really like. WNBA money certainly isn't anywhere near so much that you'd forgo a college degree for it. Overseas may be another story.

I guess I hope this only sucks for Notre Dame and doesn't start a trend for WCBB.
I don't think this is a trend, but Zahui B. is leaving and Piph left early for Europe. There are not many players who are 22 during their junior season or the remaining 8 months of the calendar year. But for foreign players like Nurse (oh no!), Salvadores, et al., it could happen. Kia won't go, because the UConn coaching is the best in the world.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Will Turner be the top player now at ND?

JS

Reaction Score
Jewel will get her degree and play for a NC next year - take it to the bank.

which bank?
s-HOUSEHOLD-WEALTH-large-1.jpg

Reaction Score
Ha ha

LaChina Robinson is in troll mode.

LaChina Robinson ‏@Lives2Inspire

Jewell Loyd has decided to leave early for the @WNBA. It's sad that she will never receive the college POY awards that she earned THIS year.

wow. What a bitter person.

Anyhow I'm stunned/shocked by the news. After watching last nights game I really thought ND would be really great next year. Not like us but still possibly the greatest team we ever faced when we were a legit number1 caliber team. Now --- wow.

Best of luck to her. She was a super super player in wcbb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom