Jerry Palm prediction cbs sports | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jerry Palm prediction cbs sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You think we only had 3-5k at the Army game? And then you expect us to pay attention to anything else you say?
I didn't say 3-5K at the Army game. I have no idea what was there against Army. I said that is what I would think there would be for the Pinstripe Bowl if it happens.

Reaction Score
If the Pinstripe has the chance to get a 5-7 Nebraska team to come, they're taking them. Their fans travel better than almost anyone and they are a big name draw nationally.

Reaction Score
3-5K UConn fans at Yankee stadium if we make the Pinstripe Bowl? I'll take the over and lay big time odds. I think we'd be in the 10-15K ballpark for that game. Now, maybe only 3-5K buy tickets thru the school's bowl package (depending on pricing and what is on the market, similar to Fiesta Bowl), but the eye ball test will prove it's 10K+. It's a train ride, day trip for the majority of the season ticket holders. Enough days after Christmas and before NYE. You'll get at least half your season ticket base going, plus a fair amount of non season ticket holders.
Pinstripe is the day after Christmas. I just don't see 10K plus. Hope I'm wrong if ever invited to Yakee Stadium.

Reaction Score
20,000 UCONN fans at Yankee Stadium? That's basically the whole season ticket base.

Closer to that than 3-5.

Pinstripe would attract UConn fans living in New York, and in Fairfield County. Different crowd than the season ticket base.

Not that we're going.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Pinstripe is the day after Christmas. I just don't see 10K plus. Hope I'm wrong if ever invited to Yakee Stadium.

UConn would do fine the day after Christmas. It'd be against a P5 school. Heck 7k went to go watch Boston College beat the crap out of the hockey team. 22K showed up to sit through the SMU game last year. I couldn't even do that. We're probably the Pinstripes best bet at filling the place... Temple fans don't even travel to their own stadium let alone to a bowl game...

I still don't think we'll get it. It's a baseball stadium in Florida for us.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
FWIW, UConn played one of their Top 5 games in Birmingham.

The big plus of the Birmingham is that it looks like it will probably have an SEC team. That being said if Auburn goes to there I'm not sure I want that bowl game at all. I'd line up against a Sun Belt team.

Reaction Score
UConn would do fine the day after Christmas. It'd be against a P5 school. Heck 7k went to go watch Boston College beat the crap out of the hockey team. 22K showed up to sit through the SMU game last year. I couldn't even do that. We're probably the Pinstripes best bet at filling the place... Temple fans don't even travel to their own stadium let alone to a bowl game...

About 3K sat through SMU last year. I was one of them. It was awful. The only comical thing about the game was when SMU got flagged 3-4 times when trying to take a knee in victory formation. They got flagged for illegal formation.

Reaction Score
If you say Freescooter is "right on" one more time, Fishy will throat punch you. :eek:

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
20,000 UCONN fans at Yankee Stadium? That's basically the whole season ticket base.
Honestly, with all the alumn in the area, don't think 20k UCONN fans in da Bronx would be a stretch.

Reaction Score

LOL. About 2200 showed up for the SMU game last year. We may have sold 22k tickets, but there was literally almost no one in the stadium that day. For good reason.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
LOL. About 2200 showed up for the SMU game last year. We may have sold 22k tickets, but there was literally almost no one in the stadium that day. For good reason.

Okay... well 22k thought about going. ;)

I still think we do way better than 3-7k if we get the Pinstripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom