Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sign me up now.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 187
Reaction Score
Take this back. He posted the wrong update. Has UConn in cure bowl vs Arizona in orlando

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Would love for this to happen but it makes sense for the B1G to keep this bowl tie-in, even if it meant sending a crappy 5-7 team to fill the spot. They want NYC exposure desperately...that's why they invited that dumpster fire down in New Jersey to join them.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Agreed on the B1G front, but does the ACC have enough teams to fill this bowl?...

Reaction Score
fwiw

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 17h17 hours ago

Bowl Update: correcting some projections that are out there, the Cure Bowl will NOT be an option for UConn per source

Reactions: jho

Dooley

Reaction Score
That sucks. The Cure Bowl would have been perfect (assuming we aren't going to the Pinstripe either) - Saturday game, no additional time off work needed, easy flight, no Christmas plans interruptions.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
fwiw

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 17h17 hours ago

Bowl Update: correcting some projections that are out there, the Cure Bowl will NOT be an option for UConn per source

Very interesting - and welcome from my front. I'd have hell to pay if i went to Orlando sans kids :)

epark88

Reaction Score
ESPN controls a bunch of these bowls.

Humble opinion: they will try like the dickens to get us in one of their least-desirable offerings. Birmingham, anyone?

Warde needs to be in all up in Aresco's, um, ear to not let that happen...

Dooley

Reaction Score
Personally speaking, I'd rather play the Cure Bowl against a PAC12 replacement than a "better" bowl against a MAC/Sun Belt opponent.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Hmmmm - on 2nd thought - I wonder if this brings the St Petersburg bowl in play. Always penned that in for USF, but Orlando is just as feasible for them.

11AM on the day after Christmas is 2nd only to Hawaii in terms of non-starters for travel.

Reaction Score
when do bowl invites go out? Do all the bowls withhold offers until the last game has been played or do they trickle out over the next week? I am anxious to know the date and if I can make plans or not.

Reaction Score
So if that is true, it would mean we told the AAC office up front we couldn't do a bowl that early because it would conflict with finals, and the AAC told us that was o.k. pre-season.

Which would mean that even if that game gets the best opponent of our reasonable alternatives, we have to live with players' academics being given priority. And it would mean that there is nothing for Manual to do (not that that will stop the whining).

Reaction Score

Humble opinion: they will try like the dickens to get us in one of their least-desirable offerings. Birmingham, anyone?

Warde needs to be in all up in Aresco's, um, ear to not let that happen...

LMAO. Talk about creating a crisis and blame where none exists.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just saw this:

Boca Raton Bowl
FAU Stadium, Boca Raton, Florida
Tuesday, Dec. 22, 7 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Memphis vs. Toledo
McMurphy: UConn vs. Toledo

epark88

Reaction Score
LMAO. Talk about creating a crisis and blame where none exists.

UConn's best bowl scenarios to date are Pinstripe and/or Boca, then perhaps Hawaii. The most unfavorable scenarios are B'ham and St. Pete.

If we end up in either B'ham or St. Pete, either Warde didn't do his job...or the decision was out of his control...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And this from SB Nation

St. Petersburg UConn San Jose State** December 26 St. Petersburg, FL American vs. C-USA

Reaction Score
Would there be a chance Temple gets into the Pinstripe Bowl if they lose to Houston?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I fail to understand how a 6-6 team can get screwed on it bowl assignment.

Thus just in, all the AAC bowls are terrible. We are lucky that most are in FL where the weather is nice and a few have P5 opponents attached to them.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Thus just in, all the AAC bowls are terrible. We are lucky that most are in FL where the weather is nice and a few have P5 opponents attached to them.

If an otherwise "good" "unaccounted for" bowl like the Pinstripe gets a 5-7 in-conference team over a 6-6 at large, that's "getting screwed"

Reaction Score

This. 6-6 earns you a right to get to a bowl, and we will. 6-6 doesn't get you the right to complain about what bowl you get. If you finish 6-6, especially in a non P-5 conference, you are not likely to get a good one.

Dooley

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter what bowl we go to. It matters how many tickets we as fans buy (or donate). And it matters that our players get much needed extra practices for 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom