Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don't know, if Fudd commits to UConn, I think she will be the final 2021 commit. The 2021 roster would look like this:

Westbrook(possibly)
Williams
Nelson-Ododa
Griffin
Makurat
Bueckers
McClean
Edwards
Gabriel
Muhl
DeBerry
Poffenbarger
Fudd

There are not a lot of minutes to be had with that roster!

I think how secure Fudd is in her self confidence and skill set, will be a factor in whether or not she comes to Storrs. There’s a saying or belief that "your gifts will make room for you." She could join the team with the mindset of: I’m coming in and plan on competing for a starting spot. If someone thinks they can beat me out, bring it.

Instead of being frightened off by others, what if she has her mind set on playing for Geno regardless of who her teammates may or may not be? Right now, we don’t know her mind set, or if she can be swayed by Uber talented players ahead of her on the depth chart.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think how secure Fudd is in her self confidence and skill set, will be a factor in whether or not she comes to Storrs. There’s a saying or belief that your gifts will make room for you. She could join the team with the mindset of: I’m coming in and plan on competing for a starting spot. If someone thinks they can beat me out, bring it.

Instead of being frightened off by others, what if she has her mind set on playing for Geno regardless of who her teammates may or may not be? Right now, we don’t know her mind set, or if she can be swayed by Uber talented players ahead of her on the depth chart.

Bueckers and Fudd appear to be on the same page:

"But what really drives Bueckers—more than any accolade, trophy or championship—is achieving her full potential. She made a pact with her best friend and 2021 No. 1 recruit Azzi Fudd that they would push each other to become the greatest they can be (“and that would be the greatest of all time”).

www.slamonline.com/the-magazine/paige-bueckers-cover-story/

Fudd seems to have a less outgoing personality as Bueckers however from all reports she is just as driven and just as competitive on the court. And remember, last year, before being injured, she was considered by some to be the best player in ALL of high school basketball, and that included Bueckers.

Reaction Score
On the second play in the video, Saylor grabs a rebound and puts an 80’ chest pass on the money. She has to be very strong to do that.

I have noticed players who are really good long-range shooter like Saylor, Lou, seem to have that capability, maybe their wrist actions are really good to be able to pass the ball that far w/o a lot of effort.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That’s true, I guess I meant was that she looks as good as any other guard with the potential to be the best. I want her. Her game looks complete. I prefer Fudd buts it’s mostly off of everyone else’s opinion. I just know Fudd is an elite shooter and not much else. Rivers looks very complete. She obviously is not a shooter like Fudd is.
I have always loved Rivers. Potentially she is a game changing defensive daemon possessed with elite athleticism. Offensively all the tools are there to be an initiator, finisher, or creator.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Video report on Mir Mclean:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Stream of Kiki Iriafen's game from Thursday (1/30). Iriafen scored 29 points and was impressive as usual. A bit of the game is missing in the 2nd quarter.

Reaction Score
I think how secure Fudd is in her self confidence and skill set, will be a factor in whether or not she comes to Storrs. There’s a saying or belief that "your gifts will make room for you." She could join the team with the mindset of: I’m coming in and plan on competing for a starting spot. If someone thinks they can beat me out, bring it.

Just for clarification, I was referring to Ducharmes committing to UConn if Fudd did indeed decide to also come to Storrs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stream of Kiki Iriafen's game from Thursday (1/30). Iriafen scored 29 points and was impressive as usual. A bit of the game is missing in the 2nd quarter.

Would a kid from Harvard-Westlake go to UConn instead of UCLA or Stanford? I like her game a lot. I like about 8 kids from 2021 and know we won't get more than 3 or 4 of them most likely.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Even though I've read stories about Azzi questioning how good she was she was younger--and Tim reassuring her--I don't think she lacks for confidence. Her demeanor is more quiet than Paige's, but Maya had a calm confidence as well. As my friend @JordyG says, on the court, this sweetheart of a kid becomes "Fudd the Knife." She has beaten all the teenage boys in the 3-point contest at the Stef Curry camp 2 years in a row and won a national FT shooting contest several years ago. Azzi does not lack for confidence. She was the first sophomore to win any HS NPOY awards ever.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Would a kid from Harvard-Westlake go to UConn instead of UCLA or Stanford? I like her game a lot. I like about 8 kids from 2021 and know we won't get more than 3 or 4 of them most likely.
:eek: Only 8?
That's a key question. I don't know the answer but she's at the top of the remaining list for me with Azzi.
I like AaLiyah Moore slightly more than I do Iriafen. Moore seems to be leaning towards Baylor though. Would be happy with either and would hate for them to end up at Stanford and Baylor respectively.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just for clarification, I was referring to Ducharmes committing to UConn if Fudd did indeed decide to also come to Storrs.

Sorry about that. I didn't read all of the posts before I saw yours.If I had, I wouldn't have made that gaffe. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
:eek: Only 8?

I like AaLiyah Moore slightly more than I do Iriafen. Moore seems to be leaning towards Baylor though. Would be happy with either and would hate for them to end up at Stanford and Baylor respectively.
I like Azzi, of course, as well as Saylor and Amari. I also like at least: Miles, Rivers, Moore, Verhulst, Iriafen, Citron, and Ducharme. That's not to say I don't like Wolfenbarger, Von Oehlhoffen, et al., but I like the others better. I would be thrilled to add Azzi and ANY one of the other players listed here.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Sorry about that. I didn't read all of the posts before I saw yours.If I had, I wouldn't have made that gaffe. :)
ALL SEEING??????????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak