January Recruiting Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is from a new Shane Laflin piece that I should've posted here but didn't. Also write-ups on Fournier, Heckel, Koval, Jordyn Jackson, and Woliczko.

Olivia Vukosa, F/P

Height: 6-4 | Christ the King (N.Y.)

Vukosa is the most advanced big in the class at this time. She has incredible hands and really carves out space for rebounds and post-ups. She has the ability to take to ball after a rebound and push it up the floor to make good decisions or get to the paint.

Her competitive focus really sets her apart. Vukosa has a mature approach to the game that well exceeds her age and experience. Her touch around the rim and comfort both inside and out are true separators. She can fit into a lot of new-age systems because she can make reads on the outside but still get the old school post-up and face-up opportunities as well.

Sue and Tina are both CTK alum, right?

Reaction Score
Congrats to the young lady but surprised Geno dipped so far down into the rankings at #25. His usual focus is on 1-10 and possibly as far out as 1-15. I’m sure he sees something in her a lot of us don’t see.
at her age ratings can change drastically up or down............I'm assuming Geno and staff expect to see steady improvement between now and her graduation.......

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Game from December 3rd between '25's Dee Alexander and ZaKiyah Johnson.

Alexander had 42 points, Johnson 27 points.

Alexander is #2 in white, Johnson #11 in purple.

Last edited:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Olivia Vukosa, a recruit in the class of 2026, had her unofficial visit in Storrs today! She got to meet the team & Nika Mühl!
1f3c0.png
She is 6’4 forward from New York.
The class of 2026 only has 25 top players listed on ESPN HoopGurlz watchlist. They are not ranked in any order. She has not committed to any schools, she is just a freshman this year.
I’m not 100% sure, but she may have gotten to watch part of their practice today!

1674951676537.png

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New POI being followed by Morgan Valley.

2026 W/F Sanai Green from Virginia.

Green is on both ESPN and Prospect Nation's 2026 watch lists.

Sanai Green, The Steward School (Virginia)

The 5-foot-11 forward exudes a dangerous combination of quickness, athleticism and strength that sets her apart from most in her class. She's averaging nearly a 20-point double-double (21.4 points, 9.8 boards) and nearly two assists, blocks and steals per game. High-major offers started rolling in before she started her first varsity season — as an eight grader.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Very hard for me to understand the type of player Strong will be in college from these videos. Never seen her guarded by a taller, skilled player or having to guard a quick forward. Appears to have great outside shot but doesn't jump very high so wondering about her rebounding skills and ability to make shots in the paint. Will have to rely on others in the Boneyard to watch and comment.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Joyce Edwards (HG #2) vs. Blanca Thomas (# 9) yesterday in a SC/NC interstate battle.

Edwards 49 pts. 21 rbs
Thomas’s 18 pts 19 rbs

Next opponents Kellie and Kim in attendance - sitting at a distance. (Don’t know about Morgan and Jollette.)

Big Hoops Shootout on Instagram: "#2 in the class of 2024 Joyce Edwards goes off for 40 in front of LSU ‍"
Thomas did not include UConn on her list of finalists.

Is UConn recruiting Edwards? I haven't seen anything here on Edwards over the past several months.

Reaction Score
Very hard for me to understand the type of player Strong will be in college from these videos. Never seen her guarded by a taller, skilled player or having to guard a quick forward. Appears to have great outside shot but doesn't jump very high so wondering about her rebounding skills and ability to make shots in the paint. Will have to rely on others in the Boneyard to watch and comment.
Strong is an extremely skilled (Shooting and passing) 6'2" forward. She has great strength and takes up room under the basket. She was effective against taller players in the 3×3 FIBA tournament that the USA won. She will not be the fastest player up and down the court nor will she be among the highest jumpers.
There MAY be better forwards in her class. But IF there are, that number is not greater than 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom