James Madison Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Madison Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Mora made it clear at halftime that he is fed up with being hosed by refs from the opponent’s conference.

Dude is not happy as an Independent.
Least of our worries. Let’s start with team that doesn’t continually make bad plays

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
We seemed to match up well in terms of pacing and were able to move the ball fairly well, but again nothing but a pittance to show for it. JMU just broke us down with fundamental execution. Nothing dazzling, just solid, basic football. They did expose our poor pass coverage and cashed in on some big pass plays, but much of the time it looked like competitive play...and then you look up at the scoreboard and realize it was once 16-6, after which JMU had scored 28 unanswered points.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Can you substantiate this?
IMG_2503.jpeg
IMG_2502.jpeg

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They continue to give up big plays every week. Two big ones this week and 4 last week. Another pick for a touchdown today with two last week.

Decent first half then beaten badly in the second half

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
fwiw, as bad as that drubbing was, my wife is in the other room watching Pitt quite literally giving UofCanada the game. QB not only has a pick 6 but also two fumbles that led to scores.

On the bright side, it's at Yankee Stadium but the attendance looks like our last game at the Rent.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Tuned in when it was 23-6, just in time to see JMU go 80 yards in 5 plays, including a deep ball to a receiver 10 yards behind the D. From there on it was a complete shidshow. Our DBs seem so slow to react to what is developing right in front of them. And then of course they miss tackles.

Reaction Score
Horrible/unfortunate inconsistencies on our offense. You can blame our D all you want. Sure, they will give up big plays in games. It's inevitable, but, to expect them to only show up without the offense putting up some kind of fight along with them is just a tough ask.

Reaction Score
I guess we are seeing why Fagnano beat out Roberson. If his first read isn't open he still throws it to them. He is wildly inconsistent. Firing balls at open WRs feet with a few good throws mixed in. The disappointing thing is once again we have a QB who hasn't grown over the course of the season. He had a mild growth spurt and now a regression.

No TDs in the last two games. We had two against BCU. Two versus USF. So four in the last three games. It is inept offense. We will start another year not knowing if we can find a competent QB.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This was much different than Tennessee....JM didn't look like they had better athletes out there. They just looked like a better team that executes.

I like Mora and really hopes he stays...but he needs to either change his process or change his staff. They don't play with confidence or aggression. Losing does that...but it's on him to fix it.

Reaction Score
Was at the game. Live in Richmond my nephew goes to JMU and my kid is doing a baseball prospect camp at JMU tomorrow so we thought we would go to the game. It was embarrassing. Getting heckled by drunk mid major fans was not fun. Our d line looked ok. Our secondary is slow and can’t tackle. Our offense stalled out at the 50 every drive. Too many 3rd and short runs that get blown up. Roberson looked good when he got out of the pocket but he only did it a few times. Offensive play calling stinks. Truthfully JMU is ok but they didn’t appear to be head and shoulders better than us. We played close for half of the game and appeared to just give up in the second half.

Reaction Score
This was much different than Tennessee....JM didn't look like they had better athletes out there. They just looked like a better team that executes.

I like Mora and really hopes he stays...but he needs to either change his process or change his staff. They don't play with confidence or aggression. Losing does that...but it's on him to fix it.
Idk man. I was on the Mora train before but this is unacceptable. it’s every single game. They consistently don’t learn from their mistakes. It’s pathetic.

Reaction Score
Our recruiting classes over the past 4 years have been ranked higher than theirs…
Pardon me, but your word is not substantiation. Need a URL to a definitive source which has this information.

Reaction Score
View attachment 92970 View attachment 92971
This is the incoming class. Does not include the portal, right? So in today's world the difference between 124 and 150 may not mean much since the following year success is becoming more and more a function of the portal.

Reaction Score
Thank you, I just don’t understand why some people can’t comprehend that their are PLENTY of schools who are good and don’t have top tier talent
I will go out on the limb and just guess that JMU is building their team from the portal which this does not capture.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I will go out on the limb and just guess that JMU is building their team from the portal which this does not capture.
They are ranked 89, UConn was ranked 109. We definitely need to do better, but really, who wants to come here?

Reaction Score
We look very slow and what does Charlton do he makes us even slower with these idiotic end around and running plays on 3rd and 3. Not having the talent is one thing, it’s another when you have coaches who continually get out coached week after week. Mora sure talks a lot for a coach with 1 win.

Robertson isn’t good, guess we have been under the illusion that he’s good since he can throw a forward pass and hits a couple of 20-30 yard plays. Would still have him as our qb next year what other options do we have.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Norm MacDonald. Maybe no message.
Well why would Norm McDonald be leaving a message on our board anyway?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
We look very slow and what does Charlton do he makes us even slower with these idiotic end around and running plays on 3rd and 3. Not having the talent is one thing, it’s another when you have coaches who continually get out coached week after week. Mora sure talks a lot for a coach with 1 win.

Robertson isn’t good, guess we have been under the illusion that he’s good since he can throw a forward pass and hits a couple of 20-30 yard plays. Would still have him as our qb next year what other options do we have.
Roberson would look better if we had a running game. He has shown himself to be a capable passer in the pocket, and is able to scramble for a few yards. Without an effective running game it's tough to throw opponents off balance and keep them guessing, and also doesn't open up the field for receivers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom