It will be hard to keep this team from scoring 100 points | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It will be hard to keep this team from scoring 100 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think we'll average over 100, but it COULD be the highest scoring team in UConn history. Why? Because we are very talented, and because the AAC conference is weak.

Why won't we average close to 100? We'll have some off-nights, and some teams will defend us well or slow the game down. But a major reason is Geno. If the score is 55-15 at the half, he won't run up the score. He will call off the fast break and will tell the team to run the half court AND work the clock for the last 10-15 minutes of the game.
I think this year it will be difficult for Geno to stop UConn's scoring. The bench will be so talented that once they get into the game, they will be doing their best to crack the starting lineup. I can't see this bench using limited, valuable playing time just to pass the ball around.

The biggest obstacle to averaging 100 points will be UConn's defense. Opponents will typically be using most of their shot clock just to get off a shot. Now, if some of the bench players' defense needs work, opponents might score more than is typical and the extra possessions this creates might make 100 per game doable.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Another point on scoring more that has nothing to do with actually shooting the ball - this will be the tallest team in recent memory and should be a very good rebounding team as well - no Stokes, but lots of height coming off the bench plus the yoyo who is Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom