Isaiah Briscoe (Committed to Kentucky) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Briscoe (Committed to Kentucky)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey Isaiah - my name's Barry. Based on my success in bringing New York City recruits to Pittsburgh to help them realize their dreams of traveling to Europe, I earned a reputation as NYC guru that got me a head coaching gig at a New York City college. I coached there for five years and led my teams to 33 conference wins! The 64 losses weren't my fault - that Niagara-Canisius road trip is tough on anyone!

Now I hold a clipboard and occasionally whisper wrinkles in Coach Cal's ear ("he should shoot more" or "he should rebound more" are two of my favorites - "he should pass more" was all Cal's, gotta give the credit to the big guy). We're here to invite you to spend one of the finest years of your life with us in Lexington. We don't really want you here longer than that, since then people will start to ask why you haven't gotten any better and that's a big headache for us. Our way, we can just use the "hey, they're freshmen" excuse any time we lose. It's perfect.

Classic.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Hey Isaiah - my name's Barry. Based on my success in bringing New York City recruits to Pittsburgh to help them realize their dreams of traveling to Europe, I earned a reputation as NYC guru that got me a head coaching gig at a New York City college. I coached there for five years and led my teams to 33 conference wins! The 64 losses weren't my fault - that Niagara-Canisius road trip is tough on anyone!

Now I hold a clipboard and occasionally whisper wrinkles in Coach Cal's ear ("he should shoot more" or "he should rebound more" are two of my favorites - "he should pass more" was all Cal's, gotta give the credit to the big guy). We're here to invite you to spend one of the finest years of your life with us in Lexington. We don't really want you here longer than that, since then people will start to ask why you haven't gotten any better and that's a big headache for us. Our way, we can just use the "hey, they're freshmen" excuse any time we lose. It's perfect.

Really good stuff.

Reaction Score
I guess the door is still slightly open. Everyone kept saying a verbal to Kentucky was imminent.

Reaction Score
he's a leader and a winner. he can be sold on leading and winning while his coaches and parents worry about twitter followers and exposure.

Reaction Score
I heard a rumor the staff was trying to get Briscoe to visit again for 1st night and blow off st. John s.

probably talk...

Reaction Score
I heard a rumor the staff was trying to get Briscoe to visit again for 1st night and blow off st. John s.

probably talk...

That would be nice. Friday night's going to be one giant "College basketball capital of the world" billboard.

Reaction Score
That would be nice. Friday night's going to be one giant "College basketball capital of the world" billboard.

I rather have him at st. John then uk this weekend. Top choice would be uconn

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
See this is how you do it, if a thread gets hijacked, just start a new one with the same title.
Sound advice. But you should have posted this in a new thread with an OT before it. By posting it here you've hijacked the thread. And I compounded it by telling you this!:cool:

I can understand why people get upset with tangents in these recruiting threads. Personally once I know who the staff is recruiting all information becomes unimportant until I see the thread that says the recruit has committed to UConn or is going elsewhere. Any other statements are about as relevant to what will happen as the info I get when I contact a ouija board.

Reaction Score
I can understand why people get upset with tangents in these recruiting threads. Personally once I know who the staff is recruiting all information becomes unimportant until I see the thread that says the recruit has committed to UConn or is going elsewhere. Any other statements are about as relevant to what will happen as the info I get when I contact a ouija board.

Are Briscoe, Stone & Mack committing to UConn?
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Any chance we are still in play for Briscoe?

Also, how many signings can we have for the 2015 squad, 2? 3?

The dream would be to snag the major haul in Briscoe, Stone, and Mack, then watch KATZ and GREENBERG explain how UCONN is still not top 5 or 10 in future rankings for 14-15-16.

2014 another UCONN deep RUN, 2015 another UCONN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Reaction Score
Hey 3, how many signings do you expect for 2015? Are we looking at 2 or 3?

Reaction Score
Hey 3, how many signings do you expect for 2015? Are we looking at 2 or 3?
We already have Adams and Enoch so there's two. Then we definitely want one of Mack, Clarke, or Jones there's 3. Then Stone hopefully there's 4. Then Briscoe maybe to get to 5 which would mean we would have to have 1 unplanned defection (transfer or NBA departure). I'm expecting 4 total but there's a possibility of 5.

Reaction Score
Our we even still talking to Malik Newman? I kind of get the vibe he will stay home or go play overseas.

Reaction Score
I do hope we get Briscoe... Learn from another PG that played 10 plus seasons in the NBA, that can probably still take you on the court but, at the same time teach you about humility in the process... That your primary focus isn't simply one and done... it's more about gaining the true experience to prepare you for life as well as the league... He might get that at St John's but definitely not at Kentucky.... A definite up in Storrs CT....

Reaction Score
@jerrymeyer247: A lot of of buzz out of New York that Isaiah Briscoe is close to committing to St. John's. One to track. http://post original url/pt4qJwypYQ

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
@jerrymeyer247: A lot of of buzz out of New York that Isaiah Briscoe is close to committing to St. John's. One to track. http://post original url/pt4qJwypYQ

Better than Kensucky. If we truly do get Mack, with one schollie left, I'd hold out for Stone. Hope Briscoe just takes his sweet time so we can see how Mack and Stone play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom