Is WV the Kryptonite meteor we've been waiting for? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Is WV the Kryptonite meteor we've been waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It looks like the Nuggets playing against a college team. You watch Trey Lyles play and he looks like the best player in the country and then you realize he's their third best big man.
Although I feel like after Towns he is the second best prospect on Kentucky. One of the most important pieces on this team.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
More of West Virginia's field goal attempts have been blocked than gone in the basket.

That's not good.

Reaction Score
Alright, this is pretty funny:

“@DevinBook: 36 and won”

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When you see two Boneyard threads saying WVU will win... that was just awesome.

Reaction Score
There's only one way to beat them and that is to make a bunch of 3's under pressure with them having the worst shooting night ever, but their bigs stay at home and the guards don't have to cheat so that's tough. Back door cuts because they can't be attacked directly, but they are well coached on that and they block out even though they can rebound without doing so, being 6-10 inches taller. Remember that they had some close calls. If our big men were on their team they would be in charge of filling their water bottles and loading the equipment on the bus.

Reaction Score
There's only one way to beat them and that is to make a bunch of 3's under pressure with them having the worst shooting night ever, but their bigs stay at home and the guards don't have to cheat so that's tough. Back door cuts because they can't be attacked directly, but they are well coached on that and they block out even though they can rebound without doing so, being 6-10 inches taller. Remember that they had some close calls. If our big men were on their team they would be in charge of filling their water bottles and loading the equipment on the bus.

Our big men would never come close to being on the team to begin with...

Reaction Score
Yep.

Not sure if you were around for the rest of the season, but it didn't go very well for us.
Exactly my pre-game analysis was WVU looked really good when they bet UConn in November. That was November & UConn wasn't quite the team I hoped they were. WVU probably only loses by 20 if you subtract the trash talking. Now they've f--d the rest of the field by over-rattling the cage of the giant.

Neither Arizona or Wisconsin impressed me much last night. Both proved superior to inconsistent (UNC) & flawed (Xavier) teams, but only by the smallest of margins. Someone needs to throw up a Nova 85 or NC State 83 game-plan, execution & luck to topple the wildcats.

Reaction Score
Note to West Virginia. In the future, don't talk until after you win.
That was a big time beat-down from the word go. Big mistake for that freshman Mountaineer to have poked the bear, or better put a pack of Wildcats. Going up against a bear is bad enough, but having to face an angry one is a recipe for getting torn into little pieces, which is what we saw last night.

As much as I don't like UK, I struggled to see any team in the field that has the horses to beat them. UK has so much talented depth, that they can overcome 2 to 3 of their best players having bad games or playing tightly wound. I've said in the past, that young teams led by their blue-chip freshman PG can often go down at the hand of that player, who just can't help himself from shooting their team right out of the game. We saw that in 2011 against UK where their PG just couldn't help himself from trying to do too much throughout the game and especially late in that game. But UK doesn't rely on any one player never mind their PG to win games for them.

As some have pointed out, the only way to likely beat this team is to come out of the gate hitting lots of 3s and getting an early lead against this team. If some team can hold a late lead, or at a minimum stay within a possession of them, the pressure of being the prohibited favorite and the weight of that perfect season could be a factor. I'm just not sure any of the teams can find themselves in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeiiowing

Top Bottom