Is WV the Kryptonite meteor we've been waiting for? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is WV the Kryptonite meteor we've been waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Country road, take me home!!!!!!

Reaction Score
UK has not seen a defense at all like WVUs all year, that is for sure. It'll be about how their youth handles the pressure

Reaction Score
It's a shame Kentucky will have three days to prepare for that press vs one day if it were a reg. final.

Reaction Score
My bracket is in shambles but I just hope this is the one upset I get right

Reaction Score
West Virginia in my opinion is to small. I think Kentucky will fall to notre dame. Just my opinion is that a team that is fundamental with athleticism will beat them..like Wisconsin and notre dame.
Notre dame is much smaller than WVU.

Reaction Score
It's a freakin shame that Arizona and Wisconsin have to face each other before the FF. THAT is a huge advantage for Kentucky, as they're essentially the two top dogs that have the best shot at knocking them off.

Reaction Score
It's a freakin shame that Arizona and Wisconsin have to face each other before the FF. THAT is a huge advantage for Kentucky, as they're essentially the two top dogs that have the best shot at knocking them off.

Watch out for Gonzaga. I would've loved to have seen them in KY's bracket. Experienced team, lots of shooters, plenty of size down low. And size that has actual low post moves, not just long athletic types. Too bad the only time they would face is in the title game and who knows if that happens.

Arizona is basically Ky-lite. Lots of athleticism and size. Hollis Jefferson would probably be completely shut down by KY. Arizona doesn't have much in the back court either (Johnson is a wing not a 2 guard) Don't think they have even close to enough shooting to take KY down.

Ky got a pretty easy bracket. Although after what I saw from Wichita St. yesterday, I think they could give KY a lot of problems. Not sure they have enough size though.

Reaction Score
Watch out for Gonzaga. I would've loved to have seen them in KY's bracket. Experienced team, lots of shooters, plenty of size down low. And size that has actual low post moves, not just long athletic types. Too bad the only time they would face is in the title game and who knows if that happens.

Arizona is basically Ky-lite. Lots of athleticism and size. Hollis Jefferson would probably be completely shut down by KY. Arizona doesn't have much in the back court either (Johnson is a wing not a 2 guard) Don't think they have even close to enough shooting to take KY down.

Ky got a pretty easy bracket. Although after what I saw from Wichita St. yesterday, I think they could give KY a lot of problems. Not sure they have enough size though.

I'd love to see Wichita ruin UK's undefeated season, like UK did theirs last year.

Reaction Score
It's a shame Kentucky will have three days to prepare for that press vs one day if it were a reg. final.
Only so much you can teach a team of all frosh/sophomores in three days, let alone when the teacher is John Calipari.

Reaction Score
When you're severely outmatched with talent, the best way to win is by employing risky strategies, including pressing. As someone mentioned earlier, it's reaaaally hard to score against Kentucky in the half court, so live-ball turnovers are imperative. Jacking up a bunch of 3's and hoping you make 60% is another way (this would be ND's method).

Reaction Score
Only so much you can teach a team of all frosh/sophomores in three days, let alone when the teacher is John Calipari.

I was thinking that too, but maybe their anxiety will build up more.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Let's go mountaineers

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think all this chatter will likely piss off Kentucky.

West Virginia isn't very good and they're talking themselves into a beating.

Reaction Score
I listened to an interview today with Shaka Smart. He thinks WVU style of play poses a threat to Kentucky but they don't have the scorers to pull the upset. Smart thought Wisconsin would be the team that could beat Kentucky. He also claimed Duke will basically coast to the Final4 out of the South (without using those exact words).

We shall see...

Reaction Score
I think all this chatter will likely piss off Kentucky.

West Virginia isn't very good and they're talking themselves into a beating.
Completely agree.......however everyone make think I'm crazy but if notre dame can get by Wichita state......I pick them to upset kentucky. I think a team with fundamentals and athleticism can upset them. Kinda like a Wisconsin type team.

Reaction Score
Good coach, unique style, and quickness.

Kentucky Achilles's: inexperience; so-so backcourt ball-handling.
Ill believe it when i see it. Other than Uconn not being in UK is the reason why im not interested in this years tourney at all. I believe they will run the table and the media slurping will be at a level of vomit enducing epic proportions. If they get knocked off ill watch because the field would be wide open.

Reaction Score
Completely agree..however everyone make think I'm crazy but if notre dame can get by Wichita state.I pick them to upset kentucky. I think a team with fundamentals and athleticism can upset them. Kinda like a Wisconsin type team.
I have ND beating them

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I listened to an interview today with Shaka Smart. He thinks WVU style of play poses a threat to Kentucky but they don't have the scorers to pull the upset. Smart thought Wisconsin would be the team that could beat Kentucky. He also claimed Duke will basically coast to the Final4 out of the South (without using those exact words).

We shall see...

Utah is going to drop Duke

Reaction Score
daxter miles gonna be talkin so much in harrisons ear. that or ulis. ulis might be done for in this game. However i expect will cauley stein to dunk over everybody and finish this off. too much size , wvu's dude with the goggles isn't enough.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
1:14 in and Devin Williams already has 2 fouls. Not a good sign for WV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom