Is WV the Kryptonite meteor we've been waiting for? | The Boneyard

Is WV the Kryptonite meteor we've been waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good coach, unique style, and quickness.

Kentucky Achilles's: inexperience; so-so backcourt ball-handling.

Reaction Score
Their press is pretty insane. You could see that Boat was intimidated when we played them.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Good coach, unique style, and quickness.

Kentucky's Achilles's: inexperience; so-so backcourt ball-handling.
And quick guards ..... I think they can do it.

Reaction Score
Does WVU have the physical presence inside to battle with the Kentucky bigs though? I didn't see too much physicality from their bigs

Reaction Score
Does WVU have the physical presence inside to battle with the Kentucky bigs though? I didn't see too much physicality from their bigs
They have Devin Williams who's very stout.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well if you thought WVU had a chance... multiple Boneyard threads predicting they win...

Reaction Score
Their press is pretty insane. You could see that Boat was intimidated when we played them.

Boats 5'10 and had little help, everyone was new to it. UK's guards are big and can see and throw over the press. Not saying it won't happen just saying it will be tougher for WVU. The thing about them is they are tough like Cincy only they can score - never know!

Reaction Score
UConn didn't either. Boat and Bazz beat 'em. Same Achilles, and it's partly systemic.

Reaction Score
I definitely give them a better shot than Maryland would have had. Could be entertaining.

Reaction Score
UConn didn't either. Boat and Bazz beat 'em.
Right, but this Kentucky team looks more physical to me. They didn't have Willie Cauley Stein last year when wee played them as well

Reaction Score
Right, but this Kentucky team looks more physical to me. They didn't have Willie Cauley Stein last year when wee played them as well
You better hope I'm right, because if WVU doesn't do it, no other team can.

Reaction Score
Who will be reffing the game? That matters, a lot.

Kentucky has five freaking guys over 6'-9" which is freaking ridiculous. They can trade fouls since no one has depth like that.

Reaction Score
Huggy with an awesome shot at the committee.
His team has been in same bracket as KY, three times. Tell me that's a coincidence?

caw

Reaction Score

Randle was more physical than WCS.

The bigger difference this year may actually be Ullis. He will help immensely breaking WVUs pressure.

Reaction Score
Kentucky has five freaking guys over 6'-9" which is freaking ridiculous. They can trade fouls since no one has depth like that.

Tall is nice, but's the 10-second line and sidelines are at ground level.

Reaction Score
this is well coached WVU team, Kentucky will get frustrated, they are still young. If Kentucky wins, it will because they'll get the calls, that's it.

Reaction Score
West Virginia in my opinion is to small. I think Kentucky will fall to notre dame. Just my opinion is that a team that is fundamental with athleticism will beat them.......like Wisconsin and notre dame.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The way I've been seeing the games called, KY (the jellies) has been getting the advantage in calls. WV will have to back off on the aggressiveness as their players get into foul trouble, and KY will pull away.

Reaction Score
Boats 5'10 and had little help, everyone was new to it. UK's guards are big and can see and throw over the press. Not saying it won't happen just saying it will be tougher for WVU. The thing about them is they are tough like Cincy only they can score - never know!
UK's guards are big, but they're not astute ballhandlers.

Reaction Score
this is well coached WVU team, Kentucky will get frustrated, they are still young. If Kentucky wins, it will because they'll get the calls, that's it.

It's probably an overstatement to say that the only way 35-0 Kentucky will beat 10-loss, five-seeded WVU is if they get all the calls.

I think WVU is maybe good enough to make things uncomfortable for UK, and I don't think it's going to be a blowout, but I don't see them winning.

Reaction Score
I give WVU a chance in this game for two reasons:

1. Kentucky's not a great defensive rebounding team, West Virginia is a very good offensive rebounding team.

2. WVU's press may yield a few lobs on the other end, but they're likely the best in the country at creating live-ball turnovers and against Kentucky that's absolutely the best way to score.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Unlikely squid and company lose this one but wvu is the right kind of team to give them a run. Can't remember the last time I wanted someone uconn was not playing to lose so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom