Irish fan on why UConn belongs in the ACC | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Irish fan on why UConn belongs in the ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and I haven't read all 100 posts today. cliff notes please?

Just tell me who's naked pictures BC has stored away in the Eagle's arse that got them an ACC invite.

I declare a cease fire for a moment to tell ND fans I saw an ND star women' BB player, Natalie Achonwa give an interview to ESPN at the WNBA draft held in CT. Muffet McGraw brought her and McBride to the draft. They were both drafted in the first round. Even though Achonwa who having ACL surgery this week was considered good enough to draft 9th overall - very impressive. She was poised and articulate. She is a fine ambassador for your school.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I view JC's relationship with Uconn to be very strained in their parting. I think he had bigtime" trouble " with his former employer and for quite awhile, until the school and he finally had to sever their relationship. Heck, he'd stll be at Uconn if he had his way, as we all should be able to agree that he misses coaching. How do we know this ? Because he said he misses coaching thats why. So " yes " I do think JC had " trouble with the school " and the school for their part certainly had " trouble " in his off the court stuff as well. Otherwise, they'd have kept him on board, and let him go out on his terms in retirement, not theirs, and not on a time frame they essentially dictated to him... ye

There isn't a shred of truth here.

Reaction Score
Can you just ban this guy? He's annoying and the name "Yawkey" makes me puke in my mouth when I see it because of him.

Reaction Score
Right Samcro ask stimpy why in comparison to the B1G the ACC's stadiums appear empty? Maybe no one cares?Remember most of the ACC schools play second fiddle to SEC in there own footprint!!

I don't know. 4 states have ACC overlap with SEC. Both Miami and FSU kicked Florida's arse and do so often. Louisville kicked Kentucky's arse. Lately Clemson's had issues with South Carolina, but the last 25 years of head to head is dominated by Clemson. Georgia Tech has a problem. They are second fiddle to Georgia in Georgia, but that's the only one.

I saw tons of empty seats in Happy Valley the past couple of years, and I saw one Illinois game on TV this year and was shocked at the empty seats. As for empty ACC stadiums, you must have watched a Maryland game in College Park.

Reaction Score
Jesus, Stimp - what's gotten into you? Maryland stinks academically? Fess up - did your prom date leave you for a Terrapin?

I don't think they are even ranked in the top 60. Yes. Stinks. In the ACC, they are in the bottom 5 out of 15.

Reaction Score
Say's the ND fan!! lol...SU was NEVER a RIVAL of PSU!! 2 wins in 24 games makes a hot rival? Only SU fans want to believe that malarky! No PSU fan really thinks of SU as anything other than a whipping boy! Man you guys will go to any length to push an ACC agenda here!?!

Nicky, 2 and 22 is actually the Rutgers series record with Penn State. Syracuse's series record with Penn State is 23-41-5 in favor of Penn State, and from 1950 to 1970 it was 11-10 in favor of Syracuse.

2-22 is a whipping boy situation. Yes, but not anything to do with Syracuse. The UVA Penn State series record of 3-5 in favor of Penn State looks better than 2-22, and we're not even rivals.

Reaction Score
I dunno about undergrad but Maryland's grad schools are respected everywhere. Bias, my sister went there for math.

Reaction Score
bstimpy, I get the feeling that if the ACC had invited Boise St you'd be here talking up the attributes of the potato and the importance of starchy carbohydrates in giving ACC schools a competitive advantage, that their addition provides a gateway to the west and northwest opening recruiting pipelines in California, and that it's a top 300 nursing school.

Reaction Score
I dunno about undergrad but Maryland's grad schools are respected everywhere. Bias, my sister went there for math.

The graduate math program has consistently been in the top 25 since I've been there (1986). And despite Maryland being an AAU school, my experience in the program had been great. None of the horror stories we are told to expect with research institutions.

For undergrad Btstimpy selectively and arbitrarily uses USNWR. The ACC is a very good academic conference. And even if Maryland is in the bottom five, that's pretty darn good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know. 4 states have ACC overlap with SEC. Both Miami and FSU kicked Florida's arse and do so often. Louisville kicked Kentucky's arse. Lately Clemson's had issues with South Carolina, but the last 25 years of head to head is dominated by Clemson. Georgia Tech has a problem. They are second fiddle to Georgia in Georgia, but that's the only one.

I saw tons of empty seats in Happy Valley the past couple of years, and I saw one Illinois game on TV this year and was shocked at the empty seats. As for empty ACC stadiums, you must have watched a Maryland game in College Park.
tons of empty seats in Happy Valley? You must be using a magnifying glass if 90+G fannies is "empty" to you!?! Even AFTER the scandal! The only states the ACC may own are NC/Va.....not even Fla with 2 programs do they "own".You are nothing if not delusionally consistent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

L'ville kicked Ky's arse but Kentucky still owns the state and probably more of L'ville than L'ville?

Reaction Score
bstimpy, I get the feeling that if the ACC had invited Boise St you'd be here talking up the attributes of the potato and the importance of starchy carbohydrates in giving ACC schools a competitive advantage, that their addition provides a gateway to the west and northwest opening recruiting pipelines in California, and that it's a top 300 nursing school.
Hard to believe how some here are just figuring this guy (stimpster) out? I had him pegged as a smart azzed looney after a couple of CR posts....ACC apologist and propagandist !?! He's since been exposed with little to no credibility. Consistent is all I can say.

Reaction Score
Nicky, 2 and 22 is actually the Rutgers series record with Penn State. Syracuse's series record with Penn State is 23-41-5 in favor of Penn State, and from 1950 to 1970 it was 11-10 in favor of Syracuse.

2-22 is a whipping boy situation. Yes, but not anything to do with Syracuse. The UVA Penn State series record of 3-5 in favor of Penn State looks better than 2-22, and we're not even rivals.
Think I dont know that stimpy? We were discussing SU's so called rivalry!! There u go again making sure u slip ur anti RU agenda in!?! You're soo transparently biased.We all here in the NE know RU's record againt big brother PSU but SU would have u think they had a modicum of success against there "rival".

Reaction Score

Illinois? You must mean the "U" of Miami were in 1 game 300 hundred was the photographed attendence.

Reaction Score
Well, we'll just agree to disagree. I view JC's relationship with Uconn to be very strained in their parting. I think he had bigtime" trouble " with his former employer and for quite awhile, until the school and he finally had to sever their relationship. Heck, he'd stll be at Uconn if he had his way, as we all should be able to agree that he misses coaching. How do we know this ? Because he said he misses coaching thats why. So " yes " I do think JC had " trouble with the school " and the school for their part certainly had " trouble " in his off the court stuff as well. Otherwise, they'd have kept him on board, and let him go out on his terms in retirement, not theirs, and not on a time frame they essentially dictated to him... ye

The people I most distrust and refuse to hold discourse with are those that make it up as they go along and then believe their own bulls**t. It's called pathological and I'm pretty sure that's what is going on here. Life's too short.

Reaction Score
I don't think they are even ranked in the top 60. Yes. Stinks. In the ACC, they are in the bottom 5 out of 15.
Stimpy, why be such a tool when you don't have to be? You have a such great story to tell about ACC academics that you shouldn't feel the need to engage in obfuscation and likely mendacity.

Obfuscation - Maryland is in the bottom 5 of the ACC's 15 programs.
A clearer picture can be gleaned from the facts that Maryland ranked #62 in US New ratings. But so did Clemson, Syracuse, and Pitt. That four-way tie meant there were actually 7 teams in your bottom 5. Stated differently, 8 of the ACC's 15 were ranked above Maryland. Your "tie goes to the loser" methodology makes the Terps look like bottom feeders when they're more like middle-of-the-pack players.

Likely Mendacity - "I don't think they are even ranked in the top 60."
Stimpy, Stimpy, Stimpy...what are we going to do with you? You don't think...? The fact that there may be more than a grain of truth in those first three words means the fib doesn't lie there. No, Stimp, you didn't THINK Maryland was ranked outside the top 60, you KNEW. How else were you so precise? People don't come that close to the bulls-eye when they're just flinging crap against the wall. OK, there's a remote chance you could have been winging it to a degree but when you add in your "bottom 5" point, there's just no way you could have been guessing. Maryland, Clemson, Pitt, and Cuse all with the same ranking and you didn't know what it was? Strains credulity my (likely) mendacious friend, strains credulity.

Reaction Score
Illinois? You must mean the "U" of Miami were in 1 game 300 hundred was the photographed attendence.

Miami and Pittsburgh are in major cities and share stadiums with NFL teams in case you didn't notice. It has been a trend that some no longer like, i.e. Tulane. Miami's and Pittsburgh's stadiums weren't sized for those schools, but they give each a quality place to play. Miami's attendance is around 40000 to 45000. I don't have an issue with their using those stadiums, and most of the Big Ten would be swallowed in them too.

Reaction Score
Miami and Pittsburgh are in major cities and share stadiums with NFL teams in case you didn't notice. It has been a trend that some no longer like, i.e. Tulane. Miami's and Pittsburgh's stadiums weren't sized for those schools, but they give each a quality place to play. Miami's attendance is around 40000 to 45000. I don't have an issue with their using those stadiums, and most of the Big Ten would be swallowed in them too.

Some of their fans come disguised as seats.

Reaction Score
Stimpy, why be such a tool when you don't have to be? You have a such great story to tell about ACC academics that you shouldn't feel the need to engage in obfuscation and likely mendacity.

Obfuscation - Maryland is in the bottom 5 of the ACC's 15 programs.
A clearer picture can be gleaned from the facts that Maryland ranked #62 in US New ratings. But so did Clemson, Syracuse, and Pitt. That four-way tie meant there were actually 7 teams in your bottom 5. Stated differently, 8 of the ACC's 15 were ranked above Maryland. Your "tie goes to the loser" methodology makes the Terps look like bottom feeders when they're more like middle-of-the-pack players.

Likely Mendacity - "I don't think they are even ranked in the top 60."
Stimpy, Stimpy, Stimpy...what are we going to do with you? You don't think...? The fact that there may be more than a grain of truth in those first three words means the fib doesn't lie there. No, Stimp, you didn't THINK Maryland was ranked outside the top 60, you KNEW. How else were you so precise? People don't come that close to the bulls-eye when they're just flinging crap against the wall. OK, there's a remote chance you could have been winging it to a degree but when you add in your "bottom 5" point, there's just no way you could have been guessing. Maryland, Clemson, Pitt, and Cuse all with the same ranking and you didn't know what it was? Strains credulity my (likely) mendacious friend, strains credulity.

People here want to keep talking about Louisville academics. I'm not impressed with Louisville academics. I'm not impressed with Maryland academics either. And Yale wasn't available. Then I would be impressed. I don't spend much time at all looking at the academic rankings past 50. I glance through it. I thought Syracuse and Pitt were in the top 60. They have been. Maybe they dropped some in 2014. We keep going over the same ground here. There are several threads on it.

Reaction Score
tons of empty seats in Happy Valley? You must be using a magnifying glass if 90+G fannies is "empty" to you!?! Even AFTER the scandal! The only states the ACC may own are NC/Va.....not even Fla with 2 programs do they "own".You are nothing if not delusionally consistent.

Yes. About 90000 to 95000. The last time UVA played in that stadium there were 109,000 people there. Be hopefull that Rutgers can draw 109,000 to it on its big splash.

Reaction Score
But the BUG is 2nd to the SEC in average attendance. That is not something that UConn should be boasting about. Adding Maryland and Rutgers will drop BUG attendance on average. And as proud as the old guard is about having led the nation in that category for about 50 years, it is unlikely they will want to add a school like UConn that plasy in a 40,000 seat stadium..

And now that I think about it, how many national titles in football has that large attendance helped the BUG win since 1970? 2.

In that same time frame how many national titles have been won by teams in the ACC? 5.

I think that suggests that ACC football is 2 and a half times stronger than BUG football.

We've got our work cut out for us playing 5 ACC games per year.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
MSNDfan said:
But the BUG is 2nd to the SEC in average attendance. That is not something that UConn should be boasting about. Adding Maryland and Rutgers will drop BUG attendance on average. And as proud as the old guard is about having led the nation in that category for about 50 years, it is unlikely they will want to add a school like UConn that plasy in a 40,000 seat stadium..

And now that I think about it, how many national titles in football has that large attendance helped the BUG win since 1970? 2.

In that same time frame how many national titles have been won by teams in the ACC? 5.

I think that suggests that ACC football is 2 and a half times stronger than BUG football.

We've got our work cut out for us playing 5 ACC games per year.

Stop just stop. FSU finally turned it around. Or, do we need to discuss Clemson giving up 70 again. The ACC as a FB conference still stinks.

Also, we don't care about SEC attendance unless they are willing to play in Hartford, which they're not.

Reaction Score
Stop just stop. FSU finally turned it around. Or, do we need to discuss Clemson giving up 70 again. The ACC as a FB conference still stinks.

Also, we don't care about SEC attendance unless they are willing to play in Hartford, which they're not.
Well, if ACC football stinks with 5 national titles back to 1970, what is BUG football with only 2?

And if Clemson is awful forever getting plastered in a bowl, what does it say about the BUG that the team that totally owned the conference for 2 years (o regular season losses in 2 seasons) lost a bowl to Clemson? Undefeated for 2 years vs the BUG - 0-1 vs the ACC.

It would be foolish to claim ACC football as equal to SEC football. It is also foolish to think BUG football is better than ACC football.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
MSNDfan said:
Well, if ACC football stinks with 5 national titles back to 1970, what is BUG football with only 2?

And if Clemson is awful forever getting plastered in a bowl, what does it say about the BUG that the team that totally owned the conference for 2 years (o regular season losses in 2 seasons) lost a bowl to Clemson? Undefeated for 2 years vs the BUG - 0-1 vs the ACC.

It would be foolish to claim ACC football as equal to SEC football. It is also foolish to think BUG football is better than ACC football.

By ACC you mean FSU, right? You certainly can't use Miami they are a BE team, I guess now its AAC.

Since 1970 (why you'd pick that but whatever it your dime) the ACC has won exactly 1 consensus MNC that wasn't won by FSU, Clemson in 1981. No GT's 1990 UPI poll win doesn't count.

Word to the wise, real ND fans don't debase themselves discussing conference strength. It's in the handbook. So, I'd take your BC loving ass elsewhere before you piss them off.

Reaction Score
People here want to keep talking about Louisville academics. I'm not impressed with Louisville academics. I'm not impressed with Maryland academics either. And Yale wasn't available. Then I would be impressed. I don't spend much time at all looking at the academic rankings past 50. I glance through it. I thought Syracuse and Pitt were in the top 60. They have been. Maybe they dropped some in 2014. We keep going over the same ground here. There are several threads on it.
Just because I might not be impressed by the plumbing systems of either Waterbury or Calcutta doesn't mean that, were I forced to choose, I'd be indifferent to the selection. Let's say UVa were presented an offer they couldn't refuse, say a gift of a hundred billion dollars if they downgraded their academics to either Maryland's or Louisville's level. Let's not pretend you'd be as happy swapping for Louisville's #161 as you would for Maryland's #62.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom