If BYU was our partner in making us better as Diaco said... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

If BYU was our partner in making us better as Diaco said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Why did we stink for the rest of the season?

Yeah, I'm still pissed at the basketball game. But it's put up or shut up for Vitamin D-iaco.

If you have an eight-month old hot take from the Boise game, I'm going to ask that you keep it to yourself.

Reaction Score
I grow tired of this coaching staff small timing the fan base as if we don't know what a quality football program looks like. The staff lost a ton of credibility and all of their goodwill last season. I was hoping to see and hear a few differences this off season. Other than a few guys allegedly being in better shape, I haven't heard anything worth noting. Dooch was the only bright spot and he goes and spouts this nonsense. I know he watched the tape, that's not the point. Give us something.
To me it is incredible that the coach lost pretty much all the goodwill in a single season. I don't know how you even do that. But one good way is to treat the fans like fools. As an example I saw an elderly relative this week. Played football at Uconn in the 60s and has had season tix since. Met Diaco last year and was impressed. Saturday his comment was "the guy's an ass." That he got here in a year is incredible. It also puts extra pressure to perform, I think.

Reaction Score
There is nothing wrong with the way Verducci has decided to approach the situation. He's going to see how the guys play in the spring without an unbiased view. See what their strengths are, see how they progress in the spring. Then he's going to go back and look at the tape from last year. Starting, I would hope, with BYU, Army, and every conference opponent that we'll play again this year. He'll see how they played last year. In their game planning for next year, they'll look at last year. Diaco says some strange things, but Verducci's approach is entirely appropriate.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They either know what they are doing or they don't. We will find out in September. Who gives a crap about the tape? Honestly, if anything Diaco says about these guys transforming themselves is true, you'd be a moron to put much stock in what happened last year. The only exception to that might be a young guy who over-performed last year. Everybody should have a clean slate, every year. That goes double for a team playing mostly young guys and others who were supposedly not really in football shape.

I refuse to listen to the negativity. Either this team got a lot better, or the wrong guy is coaching. I know many think the wrong guy is coaching, but I'm not willing to go there, because that's the kiss of death. He brought in an OC. Check. JUCO QB. Check. Transfer from FSU. Check. S&C guy he brought in at the start seems to have been the right move, right?

I watched a team last year that had a D that could keep us in most any game, but which was hurt by the offense giving the opponent a short field over and over again, whether turnovers or lack of first downs. We spotted the opposition 7 points in over half our games! Does anyone expect that again? I don't. The offense just has to be ok, and this team can win some games. It will be improved, because it can't possibly be worse.

Reaction Score
To me it is incredible that the coach lost pretty much all the goodwill in a single season. I don't know how you even do that. But one good way is to treat the fans like fools. As an example I saw an elderly relative this week. Played football at Uconn in the 60s and has had season tix since. Met Diaco last year and was impressed. Saturday his comment was "the guy's an ass." That he got here in a year is incredible. It also puts extra pressure to perform, I think.
He set it all on the table last year, big risk. Hope he has the qb(s)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What exactly are people hoping for from the staff this spring that is going to remove the stench of last season? I don't really care what they have to say until they start winning.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
What exactly are people hoping for from the staff this spring that is going to remove the stench of last season? I don't really care what they have to say until they start winning.
an actual game that I can tailgate at.

with, like, offense and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member