If BYU was our partner in making us better as Diaco said... | The Boneyard

If BYU was our partner in making us better as Diaco said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why did we stink for the rest of the season?

Yeah, I'm still pissed at the basketball game. But it's put up or shut up for Vitamin D-iaco.

Reaction Score
I just spent some time on the bball board and boy is Nelson a smug @$$. He makes me prefer pal. And I'd rather read whaler and pudge argue than read that lunacy anymore.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I just spent some time on the bball board and boy is Nelson a smug @$$. He makes me prefer pal. And I'd rather read whaler and pudge argue than read that lunacy anymore.
I took a break from this place for a bit. When I came back I could never see the need for the hoops boards. The best days on that board is a factor of 10 worse than the bad days here.

I just want a place to laugh. Sometimes with, sometimes at.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I stay away from the hoops board as much as I can. To much crap to deal with. Plus they all think that eliminating the football program is the magic pill they've all been searching for while ignoring the fact that our supposed too good for the AAC basketball team has yet to win the regular season or conference title. Until they dominate the conference like Memphis used to dominate CUSA (which the AAC really is) I don't wanna hear from them.

The FB team blows but will they all come crawling over to thank them when the FB team becomes the reason we move to greener pastures? Not likely.

Sorry for the rant but reading that nonsense over there really pushed me over the edge. I know some bball only fans understand but the majority don't get it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm a hoops first guy, because that's what made me first start following UConn sports before I went to UConn and it is what has brought me great joy over the years. It's also brought the school success and notoriety. But only a fool believes that giving up on football is the answer to any problems the basketball has. Instead, I see success of football as the best hope basketball has.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
LOL, I dipped my toe in over there and realized that the schizo feel was partly because of the same dingleberries that I ignored from this side.

I must say, the internet crowd attracts some serious dreamers.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
A quality football program will save basketball. If we drop or downgrade football, our basketball program and academic progress will suffer.

We made a decision a long time ago to become the University of Michigan and not the University of California-Irvine.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Message for Pal:

In 2015, teams have lost football games. Hell, even ALABAMA lost a game in 2015!!! But how about UConn? We're still undefeated this year. BYU says, "You're welcome"... :confused:

Reaction Score
A quality football program will save basketball. If we drop or downgrade football, our basketball program and academic progress will suffer.

We made a decision a long time ago to become the University of Michigan and not the University of California-Irvine.
Or URI, UNH (University of No Hardware), etc.

Reaction Score
It's an interesting board.

There's great irony in that most of the board thinks we're too good for a conference we've yet to win a single championship in (conference regular season/conference tournament).

Temple got screwed, and people are worried that will happen to us. It may. But if we don't lose to Houston, Memphis twice, Tulsa, Yale, Texas, Stanford, Temple twice, etc, then we're in the tournament. There are, fortunately, a few over there who realize that.

Reaction Score
WingU-Conn said:
It's an interesting board.

There's great irony in that most of the board thinks we're too good for a conference we've yet to win a single championship in (conference regular season/conference tournament).

Temple got screwed, and people are worried that will happen to us. It may. But if we don't lose to Houston, Memphis twice, Tulsa, Yale, Texas, Stanford, Temple twice, etc, then we're in the tournament. There are, fortunately, a few over there who realize that.

This board can be tough to read at times. But the Basketball board is in a class by itself. Holy Cow.

Reaction Score
Go over to the Cesspool if you really want to see Nelson in action. Smug is kind!

Reaction Score
Go over to the Cesspool if you really want to see Nelson in action. Smug is kind!

I avoid that board like the plague. I don't understand how he thinks UCONN can make as an independent. BYU is a national brand and they are having a difficult time getting a full schedule. It would be even harder for us. Look as UMASS's a schedule. They're playing the majority of their games on the road. This has to be an entire athletic department participation.

Reaction Score
I'm a hoops first guy, because that's what made me first start following UConn sports before I went to UConn and it is what has brought me great joy over the years. It's also brought the school success and notoriety. But only a fool believes that giving up on football is the answer to any problems the basketball has. Instead, I see success of football as the best hope basketball has.
Many schools succeed in bb without FB - Nova, Kentucky, Zags, Providence, Butler, etc.-

Reaction Score
Many schools succeed in bb without FB - Nova, Kentucky, Zags, Providence, Butler, etc.-

Butler went to 2 straight championship games and lost their coach. 0 championships.

Kentucky is in the SEC for football. They still get revenue from the SEC even though they suck.

Nova last won (their only?) title about 1985 with a coked up PG and hasn't really come close since.

Providence? LMAO.

We need the football revenue to continue to compete. And the P5 schools will eventually split from everyone else, leaving our basketball programs behind as well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Barf. Kentucky plays football in the SEC. I'd take an invite the SEC. Diaco would be thrilled. Providence succeeds? Not since Rick Pitino. Is that what you want for UConn? To be PC? To be a small Catholic school in Providence, or the northwest, or Philly or Indiana? That sets the bar very low. We've already done more than all of them not named Kentucky combined, just in the last 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom