How good is Baylor? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How good is Baylor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The difference in the game, when I look at the bottom line of the box score, was blocked shots. UCONN had 8 blocks and Baylor had none. Almost every other statistical category, other than blocked shots and, of course, points scored, was very similar.

A factor for sure. Makes you appreciate Griner and what you had last year a little bit more.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great effort by Baylor and I think they should improve in ranking based on this loss.
Davis is definitely a player, saw it in the KY game and again tonight - she needs to work on her outside game though if she wants to play beyond college. Hope she doesn't just settle for the hustle and interior work, but really works on midrange and out shooting.
Sims is very dynamic, but does let her frustrations show - the announcers didn't approve but her third foul was just a blatant push off that every ref in the country has to call. And it was done right out front in front of the official.
I like this Baylor team and think it is elite eight/final four material. Interesting to see how they do in the conference as they have been known not to travel that well pre Griner days and there are some good teams in conference.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
To answer the OP's question, better than some thought, not as good as their fans think...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not near as good as their fans think. The line between this 11 point win and a 25 point blow out was very thin.

A team committing 11 PF/gm is called for 12 in the first half. That changes a game.

Stupidest comment of the night was Mowens and Burke whining at 9:30 in the second half when Sims takes a blatant shove of aggression at Hartley away and is called for the foul. Don't call that foul and you increase the sense of privilege. The call was more important because it was completely unnecessary. The commentary the silliness that detracts from WCBB.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, as with Tennessee games where they lose or don't play their best, the refs were horrible.
Wow! Most of the posters have stated that they were impressed with Baylor's effort in this game. That should be a positive for a Baylor fan. However, you seem intent on trashing the Boneyard fans. What sporting event have you ever attended where the fans didn't get all over the referees. Being a former Little League umpire, I can attest to that fact. Were the ref's bad? Yes they were. Sims pushing off with one hand was a bad call. Dolson's third foul under the bucket was a flop. I hope that your comments don't represent the majority of Baylor fans, this team has earned better than that.

Attachments

• smile[1].png
    smile[1].png
    897 bytes · Views: 29

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not near as good as their fans think. The line between this 11 point win and a 25 point blow out was very thin.

A team committing 11 PF/gm is called for 12 in the first half. That changes a game.

Stupidest comment of the night was Mowens and Burke whining at 9:30 in the second half when Sims takes a blatant shove of aggression at Hartley away and is called for the foul. Don't call that foul and you increase the sense of privilege. The call was more important because it was completely unnecessary. The commentary the silliness that detracts from WCBB.
Agree completely - that call has to be made because it had nothing to do with a basketball move. You don't make that call and you end up with someone taking a swing later in the game. And while I generally liked the announcers, Burke does grate on my nerves. I actually thought it wasn't a badly officiated game - they bought the flops in the first half but didn't in the second. And at the end of the game minutes played were about normal for everyone because no one was in real foul trouble until Sims got her fourth late.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I contend that it was Sims' poor shooting night that cost Baylor the game.

It was her entire body of work. She is a talented, selfish player who thinks she better than she is. That stuff kills a team. And the announcers never called really called her on her lousy shot selection and selfish attitude. Instead they covered for her. Making stuff up like how Mo was concerned about being caught from behind by Sims. Not the way she was jogging. Blaming the ref for calling that cheap shot was lame.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
To answer the OP's question, better than some thought, not as good as their fans think...

LOL...well, only time will tell. They have gone from not top-20, to possible Final Four to in the "minds" of most.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Making stuff up like how Mo was concerned about being caught from behind by Sims. Not the way she was jogging. Blaming the ref for calling that cheap shot was lame.
Mo was doing exactly what she should and paying attention to Sims who loves to try and pull that coming from behind garbage. Something Mo was clearly prepared for by the staff. It was no biggy for the amount of fussing the announcers made about it.

Reaction Score
If you have ever watched any Baylor games you know how easily Robertson goes to the ground. I can tell you that it was not meant to be a flop, the girl just has trouble staying on her feet. I have even stated that it should be a drinking game...a shot every time she falls.

With the exception of the emphasized text, your post seems to describe a consummate "flopper" as detailed by her mother.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
LOL...well, only time will tell. They have gone from not top-20, to possible Final Four to in the "minds" of most.
ETT, you really need to do something about that persecution complex. Baylor has been ranked anywhere from #10 in the polls preseason to #7 now. Is there alien-life cabal of Baylor-biters running around down there in Waco that makes it seem like the whole world is against the Bears?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
ETT, you really need to do something about that persecution complex. Baylor has been ranked anywhere from #10 in the polls preseason to #7 now. Is there alien-life cabal of Baylor-biters running around down there in Waco that makes it seem like the whole world is against the Bears?

I don't think that at all. I think that Baylor has garnered the respect it deserves from those who have knowledge of WCBB. There are just some, and this is with every fanbase, that doesn't want to give proper respect where it is deserved.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I don't think that at all. I think that Baylor has garnered the respect it deserves from those who have knowledge of WCBB. There are just some, and this is with every fanbase, that doesn't want to give proper respect where it is deserved.
Cry me a river.

Last edited:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Um yeah, so the histrionics about the "minds of most" who kept poor little unloved Baylor in a snake pit outside of the Top 20 mansion but now acclaim her as an FF invite is now changed to a few know-nothing fans on some unspecified forum perhaps who were doing some conspiring to keep Baylor from getting its proper acclaim?

The muddleheaded amnesiac clown act is getting a little thin, but if you can get the BY to laugh at you, I suppose that is one way of making a living.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Um yeah, so the histrionics about the "minds of most" who kept poor little unloved Baylor in a snake pit outside of the Top 20 mansion but now acclaim her as an FF invite is now changed to a few know-nothing fans on some unspecified forum perhaps who were doing some conspiring to keep Baylor from getting its proper acclaim?

The muddleheaded amnesiac clown act is getting a little thin, but if you can get the BY to laugh at you, I suppose that is one way of making a living.

What intrigues me is why you find me important enough to try to argue with. You claim to be tired of my posts but continue to perpetuate the conversation.

I'm just here to give my opinion, just like everyone else. Can't we all just get along?

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I'm just here to give my opinion, just like everyone else. Can't we all just get along?

Ahhh.. you might be under the misconception that this is some sort of public bulletin board. You pin your opinion for public reading only. Think of posting a picture of a lost cat on a telephone pole.

But alas, its a forum. You state your opinion and then it is up for discussion. The fact that you are at an opponents forum should have given you some clue that your opinions might encounter some criticism. And at a forum, disagreement is getting along.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The one that made me crazy was the announcers raving about Stewart fighting through contact to make a basket and then complained about

Cry me a river.
LOL and no foul called. Gotta love it. If they had called the game like the Kentucky Baylor game UConn would've won by over 20????????????

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Ahhh.. you might be under the misconception that this is some sort of public bulletin board. You pin your opinion for public reading only. Think of posting a picture of a lost cat on a telephone pole.

But alas, its a forum. You state your opinion and then it is up for discussion. The fact that you are at an opponents forum should have given you some clue that your opinions might encounter some criticism. And at a forum, disagreement is getting along.

I love disagreement. I have used it to my advantage in all of my divorces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom