Holy Hoiberg: | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Holy Hoiberg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the Cavs keep all their pieces together that team will be in the finals the next 2-3 years.

Thibodeau must be impossible to deal with. If the players and the organization hate him maybe it is on him. He's a great coach, but he can only be in small doses.

The dude's almost 60 and by his own admission has no semblance of a personal life - i.e. wife, kids, etc. - because he thinks that there's no room for that in his life as a coach. He lives in a hotel a couple blocks from the Bulls' facility and by all accounts lives his job 24 hours a day. I would imagine that can be grating. Hell of a coach though.

Reaction Score
Thibodeau didn't work out well long term, I didnt like the fact that the Bulls leaked out info to the press about Thibodeau being fired while the playoffs were going on and they were the favorites in the East.

Reaction Score
Hoiberg is good and all, I'm just not bullish on the long term future of that bulls roster. I would consider blowing it up with the way Noah hobbled to the finish. There would be takers for Noah, a vet/locker room presence guy perhaps off the bench for a contender ( gsw?), but not so sure about rose. As for thibs, he'll sit out and collect that massive bulls check, then return in a year to coach...I think he would be awesome on minny as well as a new look laker team

Reaction Score
Hoiberg is good and all, I'm just not bullish on the long term future of that bulls roster. I would consider blowing it up with the way Noah hobbled to the finish. There would be takers for Noah, a vet/locker room presence guy perhaps off the bench for a contender ( gsw?), but not so sure about rose. As for thibs, he'll sit out and collect that massive bulls check, then return in a year to coach...I think he would be awesome on minny as well as a new look laker team

You really want to cast Noah off one year removed from being first team all-NBA? I figured he was just hurt last year.

Reaction Score
You really want to cast Noah off one year removed from being first team all-NBA? I figured he was just hurt last year.
That would be something else if he turned it around, but I still would ttake 6-7 east teams rosters going forward over them. Mirotic, Butler... pau turns 35 in july. Can't rely on rose , hasn't been consistent since coming back from injuries. needs a ton of rest to be effective. And with butler who knows how long he'll be there/ what kind of contract the bulls match this offseason... a lot of their long term upside hinges on snell and mcdermott improvement.

Reaction Score
The word is that the knee he had operated on recently has been reduced to a bone on bone condition, you'te not getting any takers from him with that situation. I wouldn't expect his play to dramatically improve either, they're probably going to have to manage and monitor his minutes.

Reaction Score
I don't know what the situation was with the Nuggets trade and if the Bulls specifically picked the players the Nuggets wanted or if it was finalized afterwards, but the Bulls would have been better off with Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris instead of McDermott. No idea what Harris eventually turns into, but Nurkic is a starting C in the league, they would have had a replacement for Noah and their frontcourt of the future with Mirotic and Nurkic.

Reaction Score
Which 6? Washington, Milwaukee, Cleveland...I count 3. And Was/Chi is pretty close in my mind. Maybe Detroit on this strength of Drummond's future.
as far as assets and flexibility, boston + atl . so maybe just 5

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The amount of vitriol being dumped on him by the ISU fanbase is intense. Reading comments in various news oulets who covered the story, it looks like about 60% range from disgust to outright hatred, and 40% are wishing him well.

Reaction Score
The amount of vitriol being dumped on him by the ISU fanbase is intense. Reading comments in various news oulets who covered the story, it looks like about 60% range from disgust to outright hatred, and 40% are wishing him well.
It's got to be tough to have your team be on the brink of being a household tournament name and then have it all presumably fade away. VCU and ISU need to have their basketball fans on suicide watch.

Side note: back to that VCU board... those people kept talking about how they're a 'perennial top 25 team', as though a couple of years=perennial, so hilarious. I guess that means were a perennial recent tournament winner

Reaction Score
Any studs who will jump off the ISU boat we could use? LOL

Tough situation for the fans, Fred did a great job and is a good guy.

Hop we don't feel this type of news for a while - long while

Reaction Score
So ISU is interviewing Gregg Marshall now. I did not think he was within reach, but if they can lock him down, that could become a real powerhouse program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom