Holy Hoiberg: | The Boneyard

Holy Hoiberg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://amestrib.com/sports/men-s-ba...recruit-he-couldn-t-commit-isu-return-2015-16

It’s been less than a month since Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard’s words about men’s basketball coach Fred Hoiberg’s potential NBA prospects first truly rattled Cyclone fans.

But over a month before Pollard discussed what he called Hoiberg’s “lifelong goal” of coaching in the NBA, Hoiberg had relayed the possibility that he may have already coached his last game at his alma mater.

In early April, Hoiberg let it be known to five-star recruit Cheick Diallo that his immediate future at ISU was not a certainty, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told the Ames Tribune.

While Hoiberg did not definitively say he planned to move on to the NBA, sources said, he also communicated that he couldn’t fully commit he would be returning to ISU to coach Diallo and what figures to be a preseason top-10 Cyclones team in 2015-16.

Reaction Score
Is that what you old folks think when you hear the word "depression"? Good lord.
Eh, I don't think 99 was referring to him, and he probably had no idea. I wouldn't blast him for that.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure he's talking about Vander Blue.
Why would he be referring to Vander Blue when dude left Marquette years ago? Noskowiak was the player who was talking about the issues he had with his father on twitter.

Reaction Score
Didn't the top recruiting assistant already leave that Ollie liked so much?
Yup, to St John's, and while he was there they were more known for getting transfers and identifying lightly regarded recruits and player development, not getting highly ranked recruits right out of HS.

Reaction Score
Yup, to St John's, and while he was there they were more known for getting transfers and identifying lightly regarded recruits and player development, not getting highly ranked recruits right out of HS.
Thanks, I just looked it up and edited my post. I just remember Ollie was linked to him. Good insights.

Reaction Score
Is that what you old folks think when you hear the word "depression"? Good lord.

Ouch. . Old...:mad: I am many years from getting an age discount on car insurance or the movies. ..hey Stairmaster you pay your car insurance or does your mommy. ..(just playing)

Yes I mixed-up the kids issues. I am an idiot. ..sorry I forget the back story on some marq player...Remember I getting old

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They have any 2015 recruits?
Vulture,_Griffin_IngridTaylor.jpg

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Why would he be referring to Vander Blue when dude left Marquette years ago? Noskowiak was the player who was talking about the issues he had with his father on twitter.
The years and names all blend together for men of a certain age.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ouch. . Old...:mad: I am many years from getting an age discount on car insurance or the movies. ..hey Stairmaster you pay your car insurance or does your mommy. ..(just playing)

Yes I mixed-up the kids issues. I am an idiot. ..sorry I forget the back story on some marq player...Remember I getting old

Don't own a car, am working to save up and pay for it myself...:cool:

I apologize for snapping. Depression and mental health are issues that have affected members of my family so I am a bit hyper-sensitive when it comes to this stuff.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
http://amestrib.com/sports/men-s-ba...recruit-he-couldn-t-commit-isu-return-2015-16

It’s been less than a month since Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard’s words about men’s basketball coach Fred Hoiberg’s potential NBA prospects first truly rattled Cyclone fans.

But over a month before Pollard discussed what he called Hoiberg’s “lifelong goal” of coaching in the NBA, Hoiberg had relayed the possibility that he may have already coached his last game at his alma mater.

In early April, Hoiberg let it be known to five-star recruit Cheick Diallo that his immediate future at ISU was not a certainty, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told the Ames Tribune.

While Hoiberg did not definitively say he planned to move on to the NBA, sources said, he also communicated that he couldn’t fully commit he would be returning to ISU to coach Diallo and what figures to be a preseason top-10 Cyclones team in 2015-16.

Damn, at that point it might be better to make a different hire and move on. Can't be good to have such hanging over your heads

Reaction Score
We have turkey vultures where I live. Occasionally they circle above me while I'm doing yard work. It's disconcerting.
CL82 (Class of '82?) ... careful with the yard work. ;)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I actually dislike college coaches leaving their schools and moving on to the NBA.

1) I'm a college fan first
2) the stress it causes on so many levels
3) more often than not, it turns out to be a mistake career wise
4) loyalty and commitment very high on my living life right scale

and no, I didn't say people can't move or make a decision they feel is best for them, but see number 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom