Herbst elected Chairman of AAC BOD | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Herbst elected Chairman of AAC BOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lots of navel gazing in this thread.
I think that is really frowned upon...or maybe it is Naval hazing, but I'm pretty sure I read something about it being bad.

Reaction Score
I think Susan can easily do the best for the conference and do the best for UCONN simultaneously. Now if there was any case for someone not fulfilling their responsibilities, it would be Edsall trying to coach a team in a major bowl game while checking on his flight status and making sure his ride to the airport was waiting for him at the moment the game ends.

Reaction Score
My thought process is that she would not have accepted the position if an invite to another conference was likely imminent. Good sense would dictate not setting up a situation that would be very awkward. I feel this is another clue that the Huskies will be in the AAC for the immediate future. This however does not mean she doesn't keep trying to find UConn athletics a better conference. It just means a new home is not presently in the soon to happen stage.

There is a thin, gray line between imminent move and no hope in sight. Anything short of a signed contract and a scheduled news conference means, as a senior administrator you play it as though it will never happen and beg forgiveness if it does. Worrying about appearing duplicitous in this situation is a rich person problem.

Rutgers was told it could happen within a few months or it might not happen at all. Then they got a call that it was happening on an accelerated schedule. The point is, I am sure Pernetti wasn't counting his chickens until the deal was announced.

There are too many real reasons to be discouraged for us to be fabricating new ones.

But since you are a closet troll, I assume you will sleep better thinking that you have us panicked.

Reaction Score
Sorry, don't follow your thinking. Please explain.
First, we burned a lot bridges suing BC when they exited...we didn't care about what they ACC thought. Then, we carry the flag for the dying BE all the way to the grave ignoring the writing on the wall. Then, we hire a washed up Syracuse coach against the wishes of many including the programs biggest donor. Then, we hire an AD from a second tier school instead of a well connected, known quantity capable of leveraging relationships at the highest levels. It seems to me we have operated in a "who cares what everyone else thinks" for a long time to our detriment. That is my thinking.

Reaction Score
I think that is really frowned upon...or maybe it is Naval hazing, but I'm pretty sure I read something about it being bad.
That would be Navel Grazing... Definitely bad...

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Father Lie-hy at BS College was the Big East rep on the BCS committee during the same time he was worming his way into the ACC. I don't think Herbst being the queen of the American Afterthought Conference means we are resigned to being in this dumpster fire for the long term. We will bolt at the absolute first opportunity, whether she's still the queen or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom