Herbst elected Chairman of AAC BOD | The Boneyard

Herbst elected Chairman of AAC BOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
good for her but this CANT be good for us!! I have to assume she knows we're stuck here for a long time.....
I hope I'm wrong but wtf......

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I've heard that from a few people today...

Is our predicament just now dawning on you?

This is great. Does nobody remember PITT leading the negotiations that got PITT out while sinking the Big East?

Susie is smart enough to use this to our advantage. If we can't get out at least we might get paid our value (and get T3 rights). Hell, I would give her Aresco salary riggt now if it was up to me.

Reaction Score
This isn't really terrible news. Herbst's term of office as chairman is for two years and ends at the end of the 2016-17 academic year. If UCONN were to get an invite to a P5 in the near future, they wouldn't likely be joining that conference before then.

Reaction Score
Makes sense to me. Assuming she's as smart and proactive as advertised, great position to determine what will take place and keep her eye on what the other knuckleheads are up to. Also can only help her prestige with the big boys.

Reaction Score
She couldn't say "no" - that would make it official we want nothing to do with the gulag conference. (Which, of course, is true.) I bet dollars to donuts that Aresco lobbied others in the conference to do this in his endless vain attempt to make us comfortable in the AAC hole.

She probably felt cornered and did the only thing she could. It means absolutely zero regarding our desire and efforts to flee the dumpster fire. I am very confident that there is a continuing, wholehearted effort to get us out of this mess and Herbst is leading it.

Reaction Score
huskynga said:
Makes sense to me. Assuming she's as smart and proactive as advertised, great position to determine what will take place and keep her eye on what the other knuckleheads are up to. Also can only help her prestige with the big boys.

This. Prestige and resume building are what this is all about. Anyone who knows a high level educator knows that for 90% of them life is about resume building, experiences and being accomplished. A person of Susan Herbst's ilk doesn't turn down the opportunity to serve on the board of something important. That is her life's work. If you don't take the position, you can't say you held it. She will use the experience to advance herself in the future. The only way she could pass on it would be if we were leaving very shortly and we weren't giving any notice whatsoever. If we will be here for a couple years either way, she takes it.

Look at it this way: You work for Ford as a high ranking VP. A former coworker is now a high level executive at GM. One Saturday during a round of golf he says,"Bob, in two years when so and so retires, we want you to take over. The job is yours unless you get caught by the cops banging a tranny in a mall bathroom or something. I need to know that when we come calling, you will be available. It goes without saying that you'll be offered a life changing amount of money to come on board. Will you accept when the time comes? ". You respond, "Of course Frank, it would be a dream come true." You walk into work at Ford on Monday and find out that you've been asked to represent Ford for the next two years on the board of directors of a huge charity foundation that Ford created and supports. You will lead the group in its endeavors for two years. In that time, you'll make decisions for the foundation, direct charity events, preside over the annual gala that brings all of the area's wealthiest and most influential people together and you'll make sure the course is set for the future. Now, this is a big honor, someone needs to do the job, and it virtually guarantees your job security at Ford for the next two years--unless you can't resist that tranny at the mall. Do you take it? Of course you do. The job at GM isn't guaranteed and even if it comes to fruition, you still need to live your life for the next two years. You also need to make sure that you keep improving yourself so that you remain valuable in that time. By moving forward at Ford and being visible as a leader, you help your status at Ford and up your value with GM.

Susan has a similar situation. She needs to move forward where we are, even if she believes we'll be leaving. By taking this role in the AAC, she does absolutely nothing to hurt our chances to go elsewhere. She does, however, have the opportunity to influence things important to UConn within the AAC.

Reaction Score
Um, the president of Mizzou was chair of the committee to save the Big 12 when Missouri announced their departure (it was some sort of "retention" committee, not sure what it was called).

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This. Prestige and resume building are what this is all about. Anyone who knows a high level educator knows that for 90% of them life is about resume building, experiences and being accomplished. A person of Susan Herbst's ilk doesn't turn down the opportunity to serve on the board of something important. That is her life's work. If you don't take the position, you can't say you held it. She will use the experience to advance herself in the future. The only way she could pass on it would be if we were leaving very shortly and we weren't giving any notice whatsoever. If we will be here for a couple years either way, she takes it.

Look at it this way: You work for Ford as a high ranking VP. A former coworker is now a high level executive at GM. One Saturday during a round of golf he says,"Bob, in two years when so and so retires, we want you to take over. The job is yours unless you get caught by the cops banging a tranny in a mall bathroom or something. I need to know that when we come calling, you will be available. It goes without saying that you'll be offered a life changing amount of money to come on board. Will you accept when the time comes? ". You respond, "Of course Frank, it would be a dream come true." You walk into work at Ford on Monday and find out that you've been asked to represent Ford for the next two years on the board of directors of a huge charity foundation that Ford created and supports. You will lead the group in its endeavors for two years. In that time, you'll make decisions for the foundation, direct charity events, preside over the annual gala that brings all of the area's wealthiest and most influential people together and you'll make sure the course is set for the future. Now, this is a big honor, someone needs to do the job, and it virtually guarantees your job security at Ford for the next two years--unless you can't resist that tranny at the mall. Do you take it? Of course you do. The job at GM isn't guaranteed and even if it comes to fruition, you still need to live your life for the next two years. You also need to make sure that you keep improving yourself so that you remain valuable in that time. By moving forward at Ford and being visible as a leader, you help your status at Ford and up your value with GM.

Susan has a similar situation. She needs to move forward where we are, even if she believes we'll be leaving. By taking this role in the AAC, she does absolutely nothing to hurt our chances to go elsewhere. She does, however, have the opportunity to influence things important to UConn within the AAC.
Anyone else notice that there have been a disturbing number of tranny posts on the board lately?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
RF1 is a BC/UMass/other fan. Know your agendas.

Reaction Score
CL82 said:
Anyone else notice that there have been a disturbing number of tranny posts on the board lately?

Done on purpose. I can't get the pic of that creepy dude out of my mind.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It doesn't confirm anything.

Exactly this. ^^^

It's an honor to be chosen into a leadership post, and our president was chosen. Let's congratulate her, and let's not try to read the tea leaves and tarot cards to figure out what else it might mean...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The only better appointments would be chair of the keeping the AAC together committee. Don't you guys recall what happened to the schools that previous headed up some conference committee or other. They all landed elsewhere.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Dear lord we are nuts on the CR board.

qAKdL_zps41b36c34.png

Reaction Score
Last year, before he moved back to Michigan, my wife and I recognized TJ Weist having dinner in a Boston North End restaurant. We asked him to join us and had a great conversation about lots of things. After he mentioned the many colleges he'd coached at I asked him how he would rank Susan Herbst among all those other presidents. His answer was telling in its conviction. "She's the most impressive by far, it isn't even close"!
While I view her selection for this AAC leadership move as a positive for UConn it's even more a plus for her. Her resume of achievement and excellence keeps growing. We know how hard she's working toward the goal of readying UConn for the P-5. My biggest fear is her getting there before us. We all need to pray that doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom