Good news for Notre Dame | The Boneyard

Good news for Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No, ND is allegedly getting ready to expel four starting football players, maybe some players in other sports and vacate wins due to a university official coming forward and admitting helping players cheat on exams.

I know the names of the four football starters allegedly getting the boot, but won't name them here until some media outlet does.

Supposedly, non-athlete students also involved, also getting expelled from school.

Reaction Score
So now we know why they went to the ACC...They wanted to be with like minded universities...like North Carolina...Don't worry Irish, it won't hurt you APR...fake courses are good...besides if it does you can always scrounge up a graduate from 1956 or somethign and count him toward the retention points.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Look, this stuff is very bad and should never happen. But, do you really think that this would have seen the light of day at some places?

If those guys cheated, kick them out. Next men in.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...could-involve-football-players-174318867.html

I think it depends on the facts. If ND goes about this the right way (expelling the cheaters, firing the complicit professors, etc.) then they deserve some credit. If, however, this was a systemic issue similar to NC then they deserve substantial NCAA penalties (but more respect). It's like the kid that went on social media and admitted that he killed someone while driving drunk. Kudos for stepping up like a man, but you still need to go to jail.

Reaction Score
A university employee came forward and confessed to helping them cheat. All players interviewed today.

ND Honor Code violation. All allegedly getting expelled or suspended from school, including non-athletes.

Internal ND investigation and discipline. Next men in. Academic fraud not tolerated.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No, ND is allegedly getting ready to expel four starting football players, maybe some players in other sports and vacate wins due to a university official coming forward and admitting helping players cheat on exams.

I know the names of the four football starters allegedly getting the boot, but won't name them here until some media outlet does.

Supposedly, non-athlete students also involved, also getting expelled from school.
...but no NCAA sanctions?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think Notre Dame needs to take a step back and examine whatever institutional deficiencies have led them to this corruption.

The public, the NCAA and Jesus expect nothing less.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think Notre Dame needs to take a step back and examine whatever institutional deficiencies have led them to this corruption.

Not mention this guy...
th

"Say it ain't so coach. Say it ain't so."​

Reaction Score
After reading OP I called one of my SEC friends to ask about this. Was told that a couple of former AD staff have also been involved. For our sake lets hope you know who is clean on this.

Reaction Score

My best guess? ND makes these kids go to class and graduate.

The pressure on these guys to actually perform in the classroom led them to cheat. ND found out and booted them.

Reaction Score
Wee!

A source told the South Bend Tribune the scale of alleged fraud is comparable to the highly publicized case at the University of North Carolina and that a former player or players could be tied in as well.

Well, compare the swiftness of ND's response versus that of UNC........

Reaction Score
Show of hands: who's buying that they found out today and immediately took action?

That sounds awfully convenient. It doesn't pass the smell test. I'd expect any organization to put more time and effort to thoroughly investigating something before taking rash action.

pj

Reaction Score
Bravo to Notre Dame for not handling this the UNC way.

Will wait to see if the NCAA punishes Notre Dame's honesty more harshly than UNC's coverup.

pj

Reaction Score
Show of hands: who's buying that they found out today and immediately took action?

That sounds awfully convenient. It doesn't pass the smell test. I'd expect any organization to put more time and effort to thoroughly investigating something before taking rash action.

First, yes, I do buy that if top officials discovered it this morning, interviewed players and guilty staff, and got a confession, then they would take immediate action. It is an obvious honor code violation and even PR officials will tell you to get out ahead of the publicity. I would expect a private religious school to be less bureaucratic and more decisive about this than a public school.

Second, who's "they"? Since some in the athletic department were in on it, obviously some officials at Notre Dame have known about it for a while. Equally like some other Notre Dame officials found out about it today. Were there officials who looked the other way and tried to be ignorant? That's for an investigation to find out.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame... Not B1G material

Of course the press conference is held at 3PM on a Friday.

Reaction Score
First, yes, I do buy that if top officials discovered it this morning, interviewed players and guilty staff, and got a confession, then they would take immediate action. It is an obvious honor code violation and even PR officials will tell you to get out ahead of the publicity. I would expect a private religious school to be less bureaucratic and more decisive about this than a public school.

Second, who's "they"? Since some in the athletic department were in on it, obviously some officials at Notre Dame have known about it for a while. Equally like some other Notre Dame officials found out about it today. Were there officials who looked the other way and tried to be ignorant? That's for an investigation to find out.

Why do you buy that? Organizations that have rules or bylaws have a procedure in place. That procedure takes a lot longer than a day to complete.

According to Notre Dame's honor code guidelines:

1. A faculty member that believes a violation occurred must have a meeting with the student

2. If the faculty member believes a violation occurred after the meeting, he must fill out a written report

3. If a student admits to violations, it must be stated in the report and a provost must review the admission, the report and also any agreed upon penalty between the student and faculty member and decide if the agreed upon punishment is just

4. A student, even if he admitted to violations, can revoke such admission within seven calendar days of the report being submitted and a hearing between a "honesty committee" will be scheduled

So you're telling me that you buy a written report was submitted with four players all confessing and agreeing on a punishment, then Notre Dame learning of and accepting these findings all in one day?

I have a bridge to sell you if you believe that.

http://honorcode.nd.edu/assets/63629/student_guide_to_the_academic_code_of_honor_web_aug_2011.pdf

These processes take time. They are not wrapped up in one day. It's convenient they learned of this and it leaks out on a Friday afternoon. That's PR work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom