Good AD Manuel article by Jacobs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Good AD Manuel article by Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At the end of the day, it's largely beyond our control. If Michigan wants to pay $2 mil, they will.

This is also true. What would we rather have 2 Million and no game, or a nice big fat percentage of the gate at a neutral site and a game.

I think we might have to swallow our pride in order to get our foot in the door so to speak. Or we could just hold our noses up, not compromise, schedule a MAC team or Old Dominion University and further suppress the growth of reputation and tradition.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The only venue I think holds any appeal at all to play at is Yankee Stadium. Large NFL stadiums don't look that great when you don't fill them. I don't think either Gillette or MetLife would draw enough Michigan fans to make up the gap... even if we draw 40k-50k (which I don't think we'd do... I'd place us more around 30-35k) are there going to be an additional 30-40k from Michigan and casual fans? Yankee Stadium makes it seem like it's more of an event. I know with the increasing number of games being played there that it's not quite as novel as it once was but the capacity is only 10k-ish more... It's in our back yard.

I think there are enough positives about playing at Yankee Stadium against a team like Michigan to outweigh the negatives. That being said I'd much rather play it at the Rent... but if the choice is Yankee Stadium or cancellation I say Yankee Stadium... if the choice is MetLife/Gillette or cancellation... I say take the buy out..

When push comes to shove though... I think Michigan will be at the Rent.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Will the Yankees allow a game in September? Wasn't ND Army in November? Is Yankee Stadium even a real option.

Reaction Score
Will the Yankees allow a game in September? Wasn't ND Army in November? Is Yankee Stadium even a real option.

I don't see the game being moved... But the Yankees announced that current Spanish champions Real Madrid will meet storied Italian powerhouse A.C. Milan on Wednesday, August 8 at 8:00 p.m., at Yankee Stadium.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't see the game being moved... But the Yankees announced that current Spanish champions Real Madrid will meet storied Italian powerhouse A.C. Milan on Wednesday, August 8 at 8:00 p.m., at Yankee Stadium.

Interesting, seems a football game might tear your turf up awfully bad if it happens to rain.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc