Gibbs to UConn (Officially Official) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Gibbs to UConn (Officially Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWS

Reaction Score
One of my Seton Hall buddies told me the rumor was Whitehead pulled a gun on Gibbs. Has anyone ever heard that one?

There is a reason that a McDonald's AA with the Talent of Whitehead ends up at Seton Hall. It's not because he was winning sportsmanship awards. He has been a problem for a while.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
There is a reason that a McDonald's AA with the Talent of Whitehead ends up at Seton Hall. It's not because he was winning sportsmanship awards. He has been a problem for a while.

Well the main reason was because his HS coach pimped himself out and made a deal to bring Whitehead with him wherever he was hired.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I like how we don't recruit kids like whitehead, no punks, just winners.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I like how we don't recruit kids like whitehead, no punks, just winners.
I love and respect UConn, but we've had our punks. Probably none as abrasive as Whitehead, but we've had our share of arrests. Almost every major team deals with it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I love and respect UConn, but we've had our punks. Probably none as abrasive as Whitehead, but we've had our share of arrests. Almost every major team deals with it.
Since Ollie has gotten here I mean

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
And it doesn't make Whitehead a bad kid. Olander, Marcus W, AJ Price are all good guys. Young guys make mistakes. Let's not pretend that we wouldn't welcome Whitehead to UConn with open arms haha The kid can play.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
And it doesn't make Whitehead a bad kid. Olander, Marcus W, AJ Price are all good guys. Young guys make mistakes. Let's not pretend that we wouldn't welcome Whitehead to UConn with open arms haha The kid can play.

Call me batsheet insane, but I would rather our team suffer than add Whitehead. Actually, no matter how talented he is I think he would probably make the team worse than it would be without him.

Reaction Score
Whitehead would honestly make our team worse

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I would rather our team suffer than add Whitehead.
I respect you opinion, but I could not fathom a scenario, where I would want UConn to struggle. There's always 2 sides to every story, and it's never a good look to prematurely judge another without getting to know that person first hand.

Reaction Score
Um, no

Reaction Score
Willard throwing shade at Gibbs and Jared Sina:

I guess that "pressure" in this case refers to the difficulties of playing for an incompetent, out-of-his-depth buffoon like Kevin Willard.

Reaction Score
No pressure at UConn, we don't expect to win championships since we only have 4 in the past 16 years.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I guess that "pressure" in this case refers to the difficulties of playing for an incompetent, out-of-his-depth buffoon like Kevin Willard.

"Some guys' fathers take assistant coaching jobs on our staff, and some don -- wait, what was the question?"

Reaction Score

He probably didn't mean it as a negative. I think he made the same comment when Gibbs transferred to Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
Willard is a trash coach who let a bunch of freshman thugs takeover his team. Gibbs made the right move getting out of that situation and I honestly feel a little bit bad for SHU fans in general.

Reaction Score
Which guy is more difficult to take serious, Willard or Zags? Both are clowns.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Which guy is more difficult to take serious, Willard or Zags? Both are clowns.

Turns out the answer is Zags. He took the tweet down because, as it turns out, he completely misrepresented the context of Willard's quote. He was not talking about players who had transferred when he made that comment.

Reaction Score
Turns out the answer is Zags. He took the tweet down because, as it turns out, he completely misrepresented the context of Willard's quote. He was not talking about players who had transferred when he made that comment.

Exactly. The context of the quote was Willard saying there is an added element of pressure on NJ kids who stay home and attend one of the local schools and "some guys can handle it, some guys can't." Nobody with half a brain thinks that is the reason why Sina and Gibbs left Seton Hall.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was surprised to see how often Nolan couldn't even get the ball to the rim and got stuffed. I didn't realize till after the season, that he was suffering from plantar fasciitis. That might explain why his hops were underwhelming...I hope so.

I didn't realize that. That could explain a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom