Gibbs to UConn (Officially Official) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Gibbs to UConn (Officially Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
johnhuskies95 said:
Don't tell gurleyman.

Haha. I forgive him. He was young - swayed by the pretty passing. I understand. I had a poster of Heather Thomas on my wall as a young lad, even though she couldn't guard anyone either. But that pink bikini left a much larger impression than her faults did.

If Gibbs leads us somewhere next year, I promise to upgrade my opinions of MW to somewhere in the neighborhood of indifference.

Reaction Score
Include draft night!
And maybe segments of identical plays/moves/shots that they have made in both college and NBA

That would take some serious work though and tcf isn't exactly getting paid to do his videos

Reaction Score
Perhaps not a pristine stay at SH. Don't know the details:

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/basketball/former-hall-star-to-uconn-1.1336390

'He played very well early this past season but faltered after prized freshman Isaiah Whitehead returned from a foot injury Jan. 31. Gibbs had trouble adjusting to playing without the ball in his hands amid reports from sources that there was friction between the freshmen and upperclassmen.

He also was suspended for two games for a forearm to the head of Villanova's Ryan Arcidiacono. Gibbs subsequently apologized profusely."

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/basketball/former-hall-star-to-uconn-1.1336390

'He played very well early this past season but faltered after prized freshman Isaiah Whitehead returned from a foot injury Jan. 31. Gibbs had trouble adjusting to playing without the ball in his hands amid reports from sources that there was friction between the freshmen and upperclassmen.

He also was suspended for two games for a forearm to the head of Villanova's Ryan Arcidiacono. Gibbs subsequently apologized profusely."

The issues at Seton Hall came 100% from the freshman. Whitehead and his pals (Carrington, Delgado, Rodriguez, and Morton) were apparently horrendously cocky sons-of-b1tches, and since Morton's dad was on staff, they could get away with anything. To blame Gibbs for those issues is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
The issues at Seton Hall came 100% from the freshman. Whitehead and his pals (Carrington, Delgado, Rodriguez, and Morton) were apparently horrendously cocky sons-of-b1tches, and since Morton's dad was on staff, they could get away with anything. To blame Gibbs for those issues is ridiculous.
It just sounds like someone is bitter to me

Reaction Score
Whitehead was a cancer to that team from what I've heard. Gibbs and Sina were roommates and best friends and there is a reason they both got the hell out of dodge. Willard is a joke of a coach and it got so bad in that locker room that Sina no longer felt safe.

Reaction Score
Whitehead was a cancer to that team from what I've heard. Gibbs and Sina were roommates and best friends and there is a reason they both got the hell out of dodge. Willard is a joke of a coach and it got so bad in that locker room that Sina no longer felt safe.
This was the word long before Bruce suggested that Gibbs was coming here, so it also doesn't reek of rationalizations.

Reaction Score
One of my Seton Hall buddies told me the rumor was Whitehead pulled a gun on Gibbs. Has anyone ever heard that one?

Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I seem to remember Whitehead being a complete dick and getting into some verbal over-the-top trash talk with TSam in high school. I might be wrong, but I thought he said he hated TSam. Just seems like a bad kid, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't want to start false rumors. Anyone else remember something like this?

Reactions: caw

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I seem to remember Whitehead being a complete dick and getting into some verbal over-the-top trash talk with TSam in high school. I might be wrong, but I thought he said he hated TSam. Just seems like a bad kid, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't want to start false rumors. Anyone else remember something like this?
I do recall the same story about over-the-top trash talking against TSam.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Hey I'm fine with our PG being most comfortable with the ball in his hands

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Where were the Uconn at.
That's what impacted his decision.....well "the " and Chief00 to be more precise;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom