Gibbs to UConn (Officially Official) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Gibbs to UConn (Officially Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great news. I hope we don't start getting all hyped up on a national level now by the media outlets. Still want us underrated so these kids work hard and have something to prove! Excited about this season!

Reaction Score
Well we weren't that great at center in 2014 and won it but yes AB has to come back stronger or the new kid might see a lot of time at center (SE).

Hope he finally gets his butt to a Big Boy camp this summer.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Boy am I glad I was at my daughter's lacrosse tournament all day and missed the false-Kasango alerts!

Reaction Score
Per-game stats for Gibbs in Big East play last year:

Scoring: 17.5 (2nd)
Assists: 4.1 (5th)
Steals: 1.2 (11th)
3P%: 42.0 (7th)
3P made: 2.9 (2nd)
A/T Ratio: 2.0 (3rd)
Someone get me a sponge, I'm drooling uncontrollably

Reaction Score
Have to give Ollie big time credit for finding a different path to an elite recruiting class. Gibbs and Miller is equivalent to getting 2 top 10 freshman recruits (kids you would only have 1 year anyway), only more polished, experience and mature versions. UConn ingenuity prevails.

Reaction Score
http://www.app.com/story/sports/col...eton-hall-basketball-uconn-transfer/27454775/

"Kevin Ollie is a great coach, coming from an NBA background, and it's just really a great family atmosphere there," Temple Gibbs said via phone shortly after Sterling announced his decision. "(Staying in the Northeast) was a big part of it, so we're real happy about that."

The cherry on top: Gibbs will be a featured guy in a place where they routinely hang banners.

"That was a big key to it," Temple said. "He wanted to be part of a team that could get to the (NCAA) tournament. Those guys can get there."

Reaction Score
Why, you think the kids decide how hard they play or try based on their ranking? Goofy

Great news. I hope we don't start getting all hyped up on a national level now by the media outlets. Still want us underrated so these kids work hard and have something to prove! Excited about this season!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Somewhere Rothstein just flipped over a large pizza in disgust for being played

And tweeted way too much info about the pizza joint too.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
http://www.app.com/story/sports/col...eton-hall-basketball-uconn-transfer/27454775/

"Kevin Ollie is a great coach, coming from an NBA background, and it's just really a great family atmosphere there," Temple Gibbs said via phone shortly after Sterling announced his decision. "(Staying in the Northeast) was a big part of it, so we're real happy about that."

The cherry on top: Gibbs will be a featured guy in a place where they routinely hang banners.

"That was a big key to it," Temple said. "He wanted to be part of a team that could get to the (NCAA) tournament. Those guys can get there."

Great job as usual, tcf15. Thanks for your contributions on just about a daily basis...gives me hope for the future in some strange way.

Reaction Score
Didn't see this posted but liked it so much I figured I would add.

From Sam Vecenie at cbssports.com :
From Gibbs' perspective, it's not hard to see the appeal of UConn. Over the past decade, every lead guard that has started at UConn has gotten a legitimate chance to play in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Why, you think the kids decide how hard they play or try based on their ranking? Goofy
Players can get big heads, get overconfident. But I think we have excelled from the underdog position in the past. Not so much about the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom