Gabby Williams this season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gabby Williams this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Michigan HS BBall is also a fall sport... I recall following Laimbeer's daughter a few years back

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Actually, the big sport is Leopard Seal fishing with a wet suit and 2 6 inch daggers. Nurse has 14 kills in the last 3 seasons.
That's good news for the Atlantic salmon!!! They eat their weight in fish daily! Go Kia!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I was at the game. Gabby played sparingly especially in the second half. Her game reminds me a little of Maya of maya as she can do it all. She jumped center, played pg, played center and absolutely outclassed anyone on the floor. It would be fun to see her against better opponents and see how she looks. They so outclassed Wooster that it looked like a high school team playing a an elementary school. In any event, you can tell she's an amazing athlete and will definitely get serious minutes at UCONN at some point. Cute girl too.

Ps. She looks to have a pretty big tattoo on her left shoulder/back. Doesn't geno make the girls cover up tats?
Interesting about the tattoo- thought they were Taboo?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
its weird that they would get tats in HS... most are under 18yrs old so the parents would have to approve this.

HGN

Reaction Score
Interesting about the tattoo- thought they were Taboo?
She must have gotten that tat AFTER she signed her LOI. I can't believe Geno or any of the coaches would have offered if they had seen a tat while scouting her.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She must have gotten that tat AFTER she signed her LOI. I can't believe Geno or any of the coaches would have offered if they had seen a tat while scouting her.
:D Too funny.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Wonder how the coaches will handle this. Sounds like the band-aid approach won't work. Maybe a lot of KT tape.... :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maybe a t-shirt underneath, a la Patrick Ewing?

:)

jk

Reaction Score
Doesn't Uconn/Geno also have a rule about players wearing number 1?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
boys are a lil different from girls... parents don't mind their boys to look hardcore. men coaches don't give a * cause they just want a great athlete. on the girls side you can be a lil more selective. I like the players and parents that didn't fall for the "its the culture" thing. thanks for link, interesting

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

I can't imagine that Shea Ralph (ankle tat) would have any difficulty conveying an offer to Gabby. And I have to believe that Geno and CD will welcome Shea's advice as to how to deal with Gabby''s tat and get her on the court.

Play ball!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
boys are a lil different from girls... parents don't mind their boys to look hardcore. men coaches don't give a cause they just want a great athlete. on the girls side you can be a lil more selective. I like the players and parents that didn't fall for the "its the culture" thing. thanks for link, interesting
Neither of my 2 sons have tats. And they look at me like I'm nuts if I ask if they ever would. However, my daughter has a couple. Go figure? My two step sons both have one.

HGN

Reaction Score
Maybe a t-shirt underneath, a la Patrick Ewing?

:)

jk
Hmm.........Thats a good idea VA Mike. Because I am sure Geno and staff don't want to start the tat thing.

HGN

Reaction Score
I can't imagine that Shea Ralph (ankle tat) would have any difficulty conveying an offer to Gabby. And I have to believe that Geno and CD will welcome Shea's advice as to how to deal with Gabby''s tat and get her on the court.

Play ball!
Kib, a small ankle tat (which can be covered with socks or sneakers) is different than a visible back or shoulder tat. Geno may want to think whether to open Pandora's box. Because it could go from shoulders, to back , to full arms...etc.
Where does it stop?

It's going to be interesting to see how this is handled.

Maybe she just got one of those 'temporary' type tat's that can be removed.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno has already said that the world has changed regarding tattoos.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Neither of my 2 sons have tats. And they look at me like I'm nuts if I ask if they ever would. However, my daughter has a couple. Go figure? My two step sons both have one.
all under 18?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
all under 18?
Nope. They were all old enough to do it on their own. Well one step kid was younger (16), but that was before me....and he got it done in another country. (and it wasn't very good - luckily for him it was pretty small)

Reaction Score
From the images I've seen, the tattoo is more on her back and moves toward her shoulder. I imagine her jersey will probably cover most of it. Any visible portions can be covered with tape or makeup if needed.

Keep in mind, UConn only has these players for four years. These players can end up spending more time playing basketball in a place (e.g. - WNBA or overseas) that allows tattoos.

Reaction Score
Is it really big deal or are some of you all joking? Saniya Chong doesn't cover her tattoo at all.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, it has been a clear and hard policy in the past that players have no visible tattoos. Saniya's is recognized as a different issue remembering her brother.

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Is it really big deal or are some of you all joking? Saniya Chong doesn't cover her tattoo at all.

In the past (to this point at least) it has been a big enough deal, at least for CD. Saniya's tat is a special case re: her brother. Geno has talked about it and they don't regard it the same way that they otherwise might have. It's a non-issue.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Hmm....Thats a good idea VA Mike. Because I am sure Geno and staff don't want to start the tat thing.

I doubt that Geno will want to start the t-shirt thing, either.

There is such a thing as "evolving" views about social issues, or haven't you noticed the increasing acceptance of single-sex marriage, legal use of marijuana, gays in the military, and so on (including tats on other than sailors)?

I believe that Geno is smart enough to "evolve" and get this girl on the court in a UConn uniform (no name on the back).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom