Gabby Williams this season | The Boneyard

Gabby Williams this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Her per game stats thus far from what I can gather: In round numbers: 19 points, 7 R, 5 A, 4S, 2 B.

50% from 2 point range, 33% threes, 59% foul shots.

Looks like she missed one game; I'm guessing that it was their opening game, which was the team's only loss in seven outings.

Last year prior to injury: 32 P, 12 R, 9A, 6 B ?S. Not sure how many games she got in before getting hurt.

Think Nurse's Canadian season over. Ekmark not on a school team. Edwards in a prep school...appears only a couple of games thus far and perhaps a long Xmas break.

Reaction Score
Nurse season over? Sounds very odd. Are they on a different schedule than in the US?

Please don't tell me that she's injured.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Nurse season over? Sounds very odd. Are they on a different schedule than in the US?

Yep, different schedule. They won the championship several weeks ago.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Yes, HS basketball in Canada is a fall sport. Nurse is likely playing some club ball.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Her per game stats thus far from what I can gather: In round numbers: 19 points, 7 R, 5 A, 4S, 2 B.

Looks like she missed one game; I'm guessing that it was their opening game, which was the team's only loss in seven outings.

Last year prior to injury: 32 P, 12 R, 9A, 6 B ?S. Not sure how many games she got in before getting hurt.

Think Nurse's Canadian season over. Ekmark not on a school team. Edwards in a prep school...appears only a couple of games thus far and perhaps a long Xmas break.

I wonder if she's playing fewer minutes per game?

HGN

Reaction Score

Thanks WinLots for the update.........I had been wondering how Gabby was doing but couldn't find any stats. Seems like she is getting back into things, albeit , slowly. From what I could see on tape earlier , a lot of her game was driving into the paint and getting baskets within 12 ft. Not so much from the perimeter . My hope is that once she gets more confidence in that knee she will cut loose and get back to her game.

Reaction Score
Gabby's team has a home game Tomorrow at 5:15 local time. If I can, I'll post her stats. She's not playing the same minutes as she did last year before the injury but that is to be expected. Gabby has a teammate who hit 14 3pt shots and went for an even 50 pts the last game they played before the holidays

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Gabby's team has a home game Tomorrow at 5:15 local time. If I can, I'll post her stats. She's not playing the same minutes as she did last year before the injury but that is to be expected. Gabby has a teammate who hit 14 3pt shots and went for an even 50 pts the last game they plyed before the holidays

Thanks for that (important) clarification re: Gabby's minutes.

I do recall reading some very positive developments regarding her physical recovery, so I figured her minutes--rather than her athleticism--must have been reduced!

:)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby's team has a home game Tomorrow at 5:15 local time. If I can, I'll post her stats. She's not playing the same minutes as she did last year before the injury but that is to be expected. Gabby has a teammate who hit 14 3pt shots and went for an even 50 pts the last game they played before the holidays
Can we get the 3-point shooter as part of a package deal? :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What do they play in winter? Hockey, eh? :)

Actually, the big sport is Leopard Seal fishing with a wet suit and 2 6 inch daggers. Nurse has 14 kills in the last 3 seasons.

Reaction Score

EDDY: No injury. Her season was over some time ago, which seems to be the way they do it up that way. There was some news at the end of her season that she would be playing some additional ball this winter, but not for her high school team....and I couldn't find anything on that.

Reaction Score
Yes, HS basketball in Canada is a fall sport. Nurse is likely playing some club ball.

PAP and CAT: I should have scrolled down before answering Eddy. But, Happy New Year and appreciation from this corner on all you two add to the Yard.

Reaction Score
Thanks WinLots for the update....I had been wondering how Gabby was doing but couldn't find any stats. Seems like she is getting back into things, albeit , slowly. From what I could see on tape earlier , a lot of her game was driving into the paint and getting baskets within 12 ft. Not so much from the perimeter . My hope is that once she gets more confidence in that knee she will cut loose and get back to her game.

MIKE and HGN: well, I DID scroll down thru your two thus far. . I have no clue re the minutes....but, given her injury, certainly sounds plausible (and that's why I was figuring she probably did not play in the first game....but only a guess).

My pleasure re the update. I went to the website for her high school in or near Reno....."Reed High"......to start my search....so that should help you folks keep tabs on your own, if you wish. Happy New Year to you two key posters as well.

Reaction Score
ROCKY and MILFORD: VERY funny stuff....keep it coming.....and Happy New Year to two old pros. Stay well.

Reaction Score
Follow Up on Tuesday's game 1/7/14 vs Wooster
Gabby scored 12 pts. as Edward C Reed cruised to a 64-25. They were up 37-14 at halftime and Gabby is being brought along slowly, even though it appears from people at the game that she is almost completely back.

Reaction Score
Follow Up on Tuesday's game 1/7/14 vs Wooster
Gabby scored 12 pts. as Edward C Reed cruised to a 64-25. They were up 37-14 at halftime and Gabby is being brought along slowly, even though it appears from people at the game that she is almost completely back.

RV: Interesting to read. Could you elaborate just a bit? Sounds like you were there? Does "brought along slowly" mean she is not playing a lot of mins? ANy idea how many at this point? And, "almost completely back".....can you say a bit more about what people at the game are reporting in that regard? Thanks.
CAHUSKY: did you get there?? Obvervations?

Reaction Score
I was not at the game but a long time friend was. It's my understanding that she played a touch more than half the game and just didn't impose her will on an opponent that was outclassed. My friend said that was typical of her performances so far this year.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I was at the game. Gabby played sparingly especially in the second half. Her game reminds me a little of Maya of maya as she can do it all. She jumped center, played pg, played center and absolutely outclassed anyone on the floor. It would be fun to see her against better opponents and see how she looks. They so outclassed Wooster that it looked like a high school team playing a an elementary school. In any event, you can tell she's an amazing athlete and will definitely get serious minutes at UCONN at some point. Cute girl too.

Ps. She looks to have a pretty big tattoo on her left shoulder/back. Doesn't geno make the girls cover up tats?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle