FSU is Howling | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FSU is Howling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of the Cuse insiders seems eerily calm about the whole situation & is keeping folks from the ledge.
Apparently, ESPN is in no mood to concede the ACC to Gordon Gecko, I mean, Delaney & the B1G.
Supposedly they are in serious talks w/ Raycom to pull together an ACC Network, and UConn is included in the plans.
Location location location...hey, it worked for Rutgers, right? ;)

No clue about the source of this, but I'd like to believe it's based on something close to reality. If so, sign me up now for the ACC Network.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We're considered a joke by real football programs because our football program is a joke right now. .

We were considered a joke by real football programs when we played in a BCS bowl. We are considered that way because weve been playing division 1 football for about 2 weeks. I think we probably need a coaching change and hope that brings us a lot of wins but, rest assured, we will be considered a joke by the "big boys" for a long, long, long time even if we win a ton of games.

Reaction Score
Sorry - bit cranky. It's not in the back of your mind when you just about post it at some point in every thread. We get hosed - it's not because of PP and GDL. It would be some other deeply rooted institutional bias. it's America and we all have our own opinions and some even have consistent talking points. Again, sorry for using my outside voice when I should have just moved on....

Whatever, I mentioned it in like one other thread and only one time. That didnt deserve a "when you just about post it at some point in every thread" kind of crap response after your backhanded apology.

Reaction Score
http://www.theacc.com/genrel/090710aac.html

How can the ACC break from it's contract with ESPN? Just curious. This network has been in the works for 2 years.
Thats just it- it wouldn't be a clean break, but a collaboration w/ Raycom.
One of the reasons Swofford gave up the Tier 3 rights was supposedly because Raycom agreed to front all start-up costs for the ACC, for a split share of the network . ACC would have 50% of the network once its up & running, with ESPN & Raycom splitting the rest.
Thats right up there, & likely to even exceed the BTN $$$- lots more eyeballs on the East Coast.

Reaction Score
We were considered a joke by real football programs when we played in a BCS bowl. We are considered that way because weve been playing division 1 football for about 2 weeks. I think we probably need a coaching change and hope that brings us a lot of wins but, rest assured, we will be considered a joke by the "big boys" for a long, long, long time even if we win a ton of games.

I think a lot of that lack of respect for a BCS bowl appearance came from an 8-4 record getting in due to being in a weak conference with an AQ status and then getting a butt whooping on a national stage. I would think that had the Huskies put on a better performance in that Fiesta Bowl things would be a bit different.

Reaction Score
Thats just it- it wouldn't be a clean break, but a collaboration w/ Raycom.
One of the reasons Swofford gave up the Tier 3 rights was supposedly because Raycom agreed to front all start-up costs for the ACC, for a split share of the network . ACC would have 50% of the network once its up & running, with ESPN & Raycom splitting the rest.
Thats right up there, & likely to even exceed the BTN $$$- lots more eyeballs on the East Coast.
They need to hurry the up so that the whole ACC will be at peace. And then we can all laugh at UMD and Rutgers.

Reaction Score
FSU wants a National Championship in football. They believe that a weak ACC is holding them back (just 1 loss but only a 10 national ranking). They believe that any weak football program will stand in their way to the championship. Unlike Maryland and many other schools it's not about the money - it's about a National Championship - similar to Notre Dame. They perceive UConn football as trash. Also, like most of the Southern ACC schools they hate yankees - something you will learn in time. Louisville brings less to the table and its football is up now but don't count it lasting - but they are one thing - they ain't none of those dam yankees.
You hit it on the nose. They hate Yankees. Southern football is a cultural pride thing. We dilute the pool.

Reaction Score
You hit it on the nose. They hate Yankees. Southern football is a cultural pride thing. We dilute the pool.

Florida State could be playing for a National Title this year. If they had beaten a mediocre NC State team that UConn should have beat. I guess it was our fault they blew it? If the ACC is so weak why can't they make it through a season without losing in conference? Looks like FSU is the one holding FSU back.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Florida State could be playing for a National Title this year. If they had beaten a mediocre NC State team that UConn should have beat. I guess it was our fault they blew it? If the ACC is so weak why can't they make it through a season without losing in conference? Looks like FSU is the one holding FSU back.

They could have. But Alabama, Oregon and Kansas State all lost too and Notre Dame survived twice by the grace of God and even Ohio State needed a miracle against Purdue.... so maybe it's hard to go undefeated, no matter who you are?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FSU can EAFD.* They're surrounded by SEC schos in every direction that are better than them. They literally have to drive theough SEC schools in every direction to get to an ACC school. And their fans, administration and alumni fuccckiinggg hate that. Unfortunately the Tallahassee market sucks and the rest of Florida is saturated with Florida, Georgia, Alabama and LSU fans. In most areas of the state FSU is #3. They hate what they are and wish they were more. But they are what they are.
*EAFD-Look it up on Urban Dictionary.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah FSU looks at UConn like we look at Temple and Memphis - so I'm only going to be so hurt by a rational reaction.

Reaction Score
Come on guys, it's not that hard.

FSU wants Louisville because then they wouldn't be the worst academic school in the ACC. (FSU is last by a lot, if you haven't noticed)

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Yeah FSU looks at UConn like we look at Temple and Memphis - so I'm only going to be so hurt by a rational reaction.

Exactly. All the crap people say here about Western Michigan or Buffalo or others? That's just a taste of how someone like an FSU feels about UConn.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I base this on nothing but a hunch but if we're lucky enough to get into the ACC I think we'll be having these same uneasy feelings about our conference affiliation in a few years time.

Never before have our President and AD played such huge rolls in our future.

Perhaps, but I'd rather be riding around on a quarter of a tank than with the gauge on E and the low fuel light blinking.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I think a lot of that lack of respect for a BCS bowl appearance came from an 8-4 record getting in due to being in a weak conference with an AQ status and then getting a butt whooping on a national stage. I would think that had the Huskies put on a better performance in that Fiesta Bowl things would be a bit different.

Exactly, people didn't respect us because we weren't ranked, plain and simple. If we were ranked #12-15 and got beat by 20, like VTech does almost every year, nobody would have minded us being there. If you're going to tell me you wouldn't complain about an unranked team from any other BCS conference playing in a BCS bowl than you're probably lying.

The good news is that FSU wouldn't be complaining about us going to the ACC if they didn't think it would happen.

Reaction Score
You don't get national respect until you win a lot of games, you win big games and you belong to a power conference. Look at Boise - they've been getting it done for a decade now and people still want to make an argument that because they don't face a tough schedule week in and out (read: belong to power conference), they shouldn't be deserving of national title consideration regardless of record "sure they can win one big game but can they take a beating week in and out and survive?"

That's not my argument but you hear it over and over. UConn has been in D-1A (FBS) for a short period of time. They belong to what is considered a joke of a conference and have had a few winning seasons, won a few minor bowls and gotten blown out of their one BCS bowl with an offense that was tough to watch. The biggest wins to date are a win over a South Carolina team that was not competing for the SEC title, a mediocre Notre Dame team whose coach was about to be fired, and over a West Virginia team who was trying to set a turnover record in that game.

I like UConn. I root for them. I go to every home game. The program has come a long way since moving up but on the national scene it's still seen as irrelevant.

Reaction Score
img_8558.jpg

Sorry- couldn't resist.

Is a croissant technically a roll?

Reaction Score
Others are claiming the FSU President is not averse, and he sees the big picture. FSU fans are howling, but not the President.

Odd thing is, none of these yokels have even bothered to look up Louisville's record and schedule in football.

The FSU people might want to also consider that UConn beat Maryland at Maryland this year. Your football is not going to get worse through UConn's inclusion. Nor will it improve by adding Louisville.

Maryland has the worst football record in the ACC the past 2 years. So Uconn needn't use that "impressive" 3 point victory as a yardstick.

My opinion is if FSU has a problem with the Huskies it is with the football aspect. They are 10-1 and not fairly ranked because of the perception of schedule - adding Uconn to that mix will not help that cause. On the other hand, the SEC has 2 winless teams in conference play, and they are a balanced conference???

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Come on guys, it's not that hard.

FSU wants Louisville because then they wouldn't be the worst academic school in the ACC. (FSU is last by a lot, if you haven't noticed)

Wrong. NC State is last by a little over FSU.

Reaction Score
One of the Cuse insiders seems eerily calm about the whole situation & is keeping folks from the ledge.
Apparently, ESPN is in no mood to concede the ACC to Gordon Gecko, I mean, Delaney & the B1G.
Supposedly they are in serious talks w/ Raycom to pull together an ACC Network, and UConn is included in the plans.
Location location location...hey, it worked for Rutgers, right? ;)
...........................................................................................................................................................................................
I think Raycom is hooked up with NESN as I can watch ACC games and have ever since BC went to the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom