FSU is Howling | The Boneyard

FSU is Howling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a BC grad and a CT native would love to have Uconn in the ACC.

The biggest thing holding Uconn back right now is FSU. They are screaming VERY LOUDLEY - NO UCONN and are threatening to leave the ACC if UConn comes to the ACC. And Clemson will follow.

With our former Athletic director gone (hallelulah) I don't believe BC is standing in the way.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

The biggest thing holding Uconn back right now is FSU. They are screaming VERY LOUDLEY - NO UCONN and are threatening to leave the ACC if UConn comes to the ACC. And Clemson will follow.

With our former Athletic director gone (hallelulah) I don't believe BC is standing in the way.

If they could make more money somewhere else they would leave. UCONN doesn't have anything to do with it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Fill me in on why FSU is opposed to us joining. I'll assume it boils down to money like the rest of realignment?

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
It boils down to them getting their !ng ass' kicked in basketball funny your pride plays a factor every time.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt FSU gives enough of a about UConn that it would get them to leave the conference. Are they really going to be that much happier about freaking Louisville?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I base this on nothing but a hunch but if we're lucky enough to get into the ACC I think we'll be having these same uneasy feelings about our conference affiliation in a few years time.

Never before have our President and AD played such huge rolls in our future.

Reaction Score
I base this on nothing but a hunch but if we're lucky enough to get into the ACC I think we'll be having these same uneasy feelings about our conference affiliation in a few years time.

Reaction Score
Others are claiming the FSU President is not averse, and he sees the big picture. FSU fans are howling, but not the President.

Odd thing is, none of these yokels have even bothered to look up Louisville's record and schedule in football.

The FSU people might want to also consider that UConn beat Maryland at Maryland this year. Your football is not going to get worse through UConn's inclusion. Nor will it improve by adding Louisville.

Reaction Score

FSU wants a National Championship in football. They believe that a weak ACC is holding them back (just 1 loss but only a 10 national ranking). They believe that any weak football program will stand in their way to the championship. Unlike Maryland and many other schools it's not about the money - it's about a National Championship - similar to Notre Dame. They perceive UConn football as trash. Also, like most of the Southern ACC schools they hate yankees - something you will learn in time. Louisville brings less to the table and its football is up now but don't count it lasting - but they are one thing - they ain't none of those dam yankees.

Reaction Score
They better get used to yankees because whether Uconn joins or not, Syracuse and Pitt are coming and they aint southerners. If Miami, Ga Tech, Clemson, and Va Tech were as good as they used to be then FSU would have nothing to worry about. But much of the conference has gone in the tter and whether it is Uconn or L'ville isnt going to change any of that.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
FSU wants a National Championship in football. They believe that a weak ACC is holding them back (just 1 loss but only a 10 national ranking). They believe that any weak football program will stand in their way to the championship. Unlike Maryland and many other schools it's not about the money - it's about a National Championship - similar to Notre Dame. They perceive UConn football as trash. Also, like most of the Southern ACC schools they hate yankees - something you will learn in time. Louisville brings less to the table and its football is up now but don't count it lasting - but they are one thing - they ain't none of those dam yankees.
It's elitest. They feel we aren't worthy to share the same football league as them. So why not embrace us if we are such losers and tear us to shreds?

We aren't holding FSU back. FSU holds FSU back when they lose football games. 1 loss is nice, but it's not good enough, no matter if you bring us, Loisville, or whoever.

Reaction Score
Yet another way that Pasqualoni and Deleone are royally screwing us all. They'll have a lasting negative effect on Uconn Football and the longer they wait to fire them the worse damage that will occur.

Reaction Score
FSU is like the dearly departed Rutgers of the ACC.
They keep whining about how good they could have it "if only", but when given an opportunity, they usually fold in crunch-time.
If they hadn't lost to NCState they'd likely be #2 or 3 in the country w/ an undefeated record, but the loss dropped them into the teens and they've had to fight their way back ever since. Obviously, that's everyone's else's fault. :rolleyes:

Btw- I'm pulling for you guys to get the call. Good luck.

Reaction Score
Yet another way that Pasqualoni and Deleone are royally screwing us all. They'll have a lasting negative effect on Uconn Football and the longer they wait to fire them the worse damage that will occur.

Cripes - give it up. Everyone on here has heard it and gets your point. No disrespect intended.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

img_8558.jpg

Sorry- couldn't resist.

Reaction Score
Real possibility FSU and Clemson insert some influence and get 'Ville through.

The longer it goes the more likely that Ville and timing bad in a sense if we lose 40-10 on Sat. Whitmer better have the best game evah!!

Reaction Score
It's good strategy for the ACC to add UCONN because it helps keep Cuse and BC relevant. If the ACC passed on UCONN and UCONN ended up with a B1G invite it would render Cuse and BC completely useless. Rutgers and UCONN would be looked at as the major leagues and Cuse and BC would be the minor leagues. By adding UCONN the ACC holds a majority share of the northeast. There is nothing strategic about adding Louisville, they would provide a brief sugar high.

If you are a BC or Syracuse fan you should be begging for UCONN in the ACC not just for the rivalry, you want UCONN because UCONN in the B1G would be a nightmare for those schools.

Reaction Score
Cripes - give it up. Everyone on here has heard it and gets your point. No disrespect intended.

That's sort of like saying "no offense" before laying into someone with insults.

I made a point that was relevant to the original post. We're considered a joke by real football programs because our football program is a joke right now. It's frustrating as hell to sit back and watch this happen. I want to hope that we get that lifeboat but in the back of my mind I just know it's going to be our football program that screws us out of this in the end.

Reaction Score
One of the Cuse insiders seems eerily calm about the whole situation & is keeping folks from the ledge.
Apparently, ESPN is in no mood to concede the ACC to Gordon Gecko, I mean, Delaney & the B1G.
Supposedly they are in serious talks w/ Raycom to pull together an ACC Network, and UConn is included in the plans.
Location location location...hey, it worked for Rutgers, right? ;)

Reaction Score
B1G has zero interest in UConn right now.

The more this goes the more I think it favors Louisvillve. They are somehow a perceived "football" program. ACC probably thinking they got raided because of football and need to strengthen.

Would still be great to see if we got passed over some combo of FSU, Clemson, VA Tech bolt b

It's good strategy for the ACC to add UCONN because it helps keep Cuse and BC relevant. If the ACC passed on UCONN and UCONN ended up with a B1G invite it would render Cuse and BC completely useless. Rutgers and UCONN would be looked at as the major leagues and Cuse and BC would be the minor leagues. By adding UCONN the ACC holds a majority share of the northeast. There is nothing strategic about adding Louisville, they would provide a brief sugar high.

Reaction Score
One of the Cuse insiders seems eerily calm about the whole situation & is keeping folks from the ledge.
Apparently, ESPN is in no mood to concede the ACC to Gordon Gecko, I mean, Delaney & the B1G.
Supposedly they are in serious talks w/ Raycom to pull together an ACC Network, and UConn is included in the plans.
Location location location...hey, it worked for Rutgers, right? ;)
Some people are not using their heads to realize such simple logic. If they do form an ACC Network, that can make the ACC more attractive than the Big 12.

Reaction Score
That's sort of like saying "no offense" before laying into someone with insults.

I made a point that was relevant to the original post. We're considered a joke by real football programs because our football program is a joke right now. It's frustrating as hell to sit back and watch this happen. I want to hope that we get that lifeboat but in the back of my mind I just know it's going to be our football program that screws us out of this in the end.

Sorry - bit cranky. It's not in the back of your mind when you just about post it at some point in every thread. We get hosed - it's not because of PP and GDL. It would be some other deeply rooted institutional bias. it's America and we all have our own opinions and some even have consistent talking points. Again, sorry for using my outside voice when I should have just moved on....

Reaction Score
Some people are not using their heads to realize such simple logic. If they do form an ACC Network, that can make the ACC more attractive than the Big 12.
Bingo.
The key will be keeping FSU & others in the fold.
The end-game could be very beneficial for all parties involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom