Football family squabble holding up Big East-Catholic 7 divorce | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Football family squabble holding up Big East-Catholic 7 divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree Fishy. I am sure we can replace Tulane, with southern miss, smu with rice, etc.

That said the seeds are sowing . This thing is destined for failure before it starts.....because....of envy......and money.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Every single one of those schools can be replaced by throwing a dart at a list of schools. (Coincidentally, that's how they were selected.)

And I think the conference will succeed, to whatever extent that it can, because of what brought it together in the first place - desperation. No one has a better option.

Reaction Score
This thing is destined for failure before it starts.....because....of envy......and money.
Why - Because a few schools tried to squeeze a few more dollars out of it for their schools... can't fault them for trying. We would expect the same thing. It's all posturing - happens everyday. All we are getting is a filtered version/report of what's happening.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They apparently don't get that.

Rice IS Tulane.
Southern Miss IS ECU
La Tech IS Houston

They're all replaceable. Don't like your cut? Go back to your crappier TV deal and play sports with East-West Bumbleduck Technical State Community College. The Rock has good advice for the new schools: Know your role and shut your mouth.

Jabronis.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Wow - these are our new conference mates? They haven't done , anywhere, at any national level and feel they deserve the value to the Big East name?? Fuc& them. Do they realize that one of the C7's motivations was the revelation that the second the STINK of Tulane, Houston, Memphis touched the name it would be valueless. God, I am dreading this conference Aresco has dumped on us.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's officially official. Just came up on ESPN breaking news: separation formally announced. We've obv reached a deal. Lets see what it is.

Reaction Score
The point of some of the posts is not so much expecting a cut of exit fees as much as NCAA credits money, which "belong" to the conference....you would think the new "America 12" members would have had this stuff worked out before they started negotiations with C7.

Some of them also think our "suggestions" of a 2 - 5 team conference were serious.....

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Charlotte RPI - 80
UMass - 55
Southern Miss - 39
Memphis - 18
Temple - 43
UConn - 46
Cincy - 48
UCF' - 101
USF - 131
ECU - 95

Average RPI 65.

Jettison Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, and Houston

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
When these guy get in I am seriouly worried that they will act as a voting block against Uconn/Cinci and USF. We must settle the distribution of the Big East exit fees and the matter of future exit fees (for when we leave) now or disband this operation.

We cannot be hostages in the new A12.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The new A12 members get their birthday present

Reaction Score
“God", said the dying man, pointing his finger, with a ghastly look, at the undismayed countenance of his enemy, "God will give him blood to drink!”
Nathaniel Hawthorne, The House of the Seven Gables

Is Susan Herbst choking yet?

Susan Herbst, UConn's president, expressed optimism and spoke glowingly of the new conference.
"We are very cohesive, and it's wonderful working with strong presidents from such fine research institutions," Herbst said in an email. "Everyone will need to show some patience, but it is clear that we are a great fit to this new league..."

Reaction Score
When these guy get in I am seriouly worried that they will act as a voting block against Uconn/Cinci and USF. We must settle the distribution of the Big East exit fees and the matter of future exit fees (for when we leave) now or disband this operation.

We cannot be hostages in the new A12.
I would assume (haha..that may be foolish to do) that we have all our ducks in a row to protect us before this was signed sealed and delivered...

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Hey Memphis, etc, you're not happy with this arrangment?

jzDZUjw.jpg

Reaction Score
"I am pleased that this agreement has been reached,” Big East Commissioner Mike Aresco said in a statement. “With the long-term well-being of our outstanding institutions and their student-athletes of paramount importance, each group worked through a number of complex issues in an orderly, comprehensive and amicable manner marked by mutual respect. We part ways as friends and colleagues and look forward to the success of both conferences.”

83005088.gif

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ain't sayin' they a golddigger...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I have always been in the more pro-Herbst category than a lot of people on this board. But if she conceded anything other than waiving the entrance fees, my feelings will be severely swayed.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
one more (gotta admit, memphis has gotten under my skin)

YAMEh4f.jpg

Reaction Score
It's not like Herbst could say anything much different than that. But it comes across as sickeningly saccharine. That's alliteration .

Personally though i would have gone with " them and the Pope they rode in on".

Reaction Score
“God", said the dying man, pointing his finger, with a ghastly look, at the undismayed countenance of his enemy, "God will give him blood to drink!”
Nathaniel Hawthorne, The House of the Seven Gables

Is Susan Herbst choking yet?

Susan Herbst, UConn's president, expressed optimism and spoke glowingly of the new conference.
"We are very cohesive, and it's wonderful working with strong presidents from such fine research institutions," Herbst said in an email. "Everyone will need to show some patience, but it is clear that we are a great fit to this new league..."
what is it with this woman and patience.
If she keeps thinking that everyone needs to have patience, maybe she is the one that needs to take the stick out of her arse and do something.

Reaction Score
what is it with this woman and patience.
If she keeps thinking that everyone needs to have patience, maybe she is the one that needs to take the stick out of her arse and do something.

That quote was from over a week ago... not a new one but I'm sure she still thinks patience is a virtue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom