Football family squabble holding up Big East-Catholic 7 divorce | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Football family squabble holding up Big East-Catholic 7 divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When do we petition the NCAA to let us have a conference championship with 3 or 4 teams?

Reaction Score
When do we petition the NCAA to let us have a conference championship with 3 or 4 teams?

Make it a round robin, double elimination tourney. That gets you at least six games, possibly seven... maybe make it triple elimination.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cincinnati, USF and UConn take the $15 we were going to pay the new schools, add another $10, and offer the C7 $25MM to let us play basketball with them while we park our football programs in the MWC. Travel would suck, but it would be 4 games a year and the MWC would do it. Plus we would have a better football schedule and double our total revenue over the current league.

Seton Hall, Providence and St. Johns all get a sell out they would not otherwise have, and the C7 is definitely one of the Top 3 leagues in hoops.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, looking at the America 3 Conference, USF is really a third wheel.

I'm sorry, but they have to go.

Who wants to go in on a house in Cincinnati? We can use it for road games every other week.

Reaction Score
Thats how you make relationships last!
It's sad when a teenager may have a better exit strategy than a university.

Fishy, i'd go all in on America 2 but only if the players had to legally change their names after every game to keep it fresh.

Reaction Score
Aresco plan B is The America 3 Conference.
I think Memphis and Temple are worth a little bigger slice...everyone else can $% off....The America Fab Five works for me.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's sad when a teenager may have a better exit strategy than a university.

Fishy, i'd go all in on America 2 but only if the players had to legally change their names after every game to keep it fresh.

Week One - UConn at Cincy
Week Two - Cincinnati at Connecticut
Week Three - Connecticut at Cincy
Week Four - Cincinnati at UConn
Week Five - Huskies at Bearcats
Week Six - Bearcats at UConn
Week Seven - Huskies at Cincinnati
Week Eight - Bearcats at Connecticut

Mix in some OOC games and call it a season.

Reaction Score
This is poor genius just imagine the poor sucker trying to get into the cinncinnati at UConn game when he has bearcats at connecticut tickets and being turned away.

edit:
poor=pure no compliment for you because auto correct must hate you

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Is this the way voting will go in the future? All revenues split equally because the programs that will never ever make the NCAA or NIT tourney in basketball and never ever make a post season football appearances will have voting control?

Reaction Score
Is this the way voting will go in the future? All revenues split equally because the programs that will never ever make the NCAA or NIT tourney in basketball and never ever make a post season football appearances will have voting control?
Good point....the moment they have control exit fee will get raised to $50million.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Week One - UConn at Cincy
Week Two - Cincinnati at Connecticut
Week Three - Connecticut at Cincy
Week Four - Cincinnati at UConn
Week Five - Huskies at Bearcats
Week Six - Bearcats at UConn
Week Seven - Huskies at Cincinnati
Week Eight - Bearcats at Connecticut

Mix in some OOC games and call it a season.

Why split it into 8 games? Just have it like they do in soccer and use aggregate scoring. 16 quarters at home, 16 quarters on the road.

Although, scrap that...PP would end up using all of his timeouts by the second 'game' and have none left for the final 6 'games'!;)

And even in that scenario, we still end up with no offensive players on the All-Conference 1st team!:D

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Good point....the moment they have control exit fee will get raised to $50million.
Believe it or not, that's exactly what some of their fans think will happen. They will also vote themselves 90% shares of all future earnings.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
That board is quite possibly the most delusional place on the internet besides Nelson's mind.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Oh well, the A12 was fun while it lasted.... ding-dong C7, forget what we said last week, we want to go independent on football and move all other sports with you for a while...

It would be hell if the new members of the A12 jacked the exit fee and raid our cash consolation prize. If we cannot strike a reasonable deal on both the exit fees of the A12 and then forget it. Both issues are important. We cannot be outfoxed on this. Its an excellent point that when all the new blood comes in, Uconn, Cinci and USF will no longer have controll...we will be outvoted on all issues.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Get ready for a troll invasion, this thread has been linked to the CSN board. Up until now, the other conference members didn't know what horrible people we all are.
I invite them to give one reason why they feel they deserve an equal cut. I do not accept "we thought we were joining a different conference" as an answer because they could have bailed well before this news broke of money sharing. I'd also like to know what they think they contributed to get an equal share.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just do what was suggested the other day and waive the entrance fees. That's what they are angling for here. They know they can't touch this money, but they don't want to throw their ante into the pot either.

Reaction Score
Get ready for a troll invasion, this thread has been linked to the CSN board. Up until now, the other conference members didn't know what horrible people we all are.
Can someone please link this board our at least identify the team? Thanks

Reaction Score
Waive the entrance fees. If that isn't enough, kick rocks. May be throw them each An extra 500k.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I read five posts.

Again, if they don't like it, they can stay where they are. But they won't, because where they are is a lot worse than where they're going. If they're worried about forfeiting NCAA credits or whatever the hell they think they have going for them, then stay home and collect 'em. No hard feelings.

Watching them bumbling towards the Big East is like standing on the beach as the Mariel boatlift washed ashore.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Yes. The entrance fee should be waived. That's all they get though.

For them to expect us to divide exit fees from members they never actually played in a conference with is ludicrous. Most of them are coming BECAUSE Syracuse, Pitt, and West Virginia are leaving. Tulane is coming BECAUSE Rutgers is leaving. Mystery team 12 is coming BECAUSE Louisville is leaving. You don't get their money to take their place. We do. We have been here from the start. Literally.

This is OUR league that has crumbled. The dreck we have recently friend requested were about our third choice of friends. We thought we were getting Miami, BC, VTech, Cuse, Pitt, WVU and Rutty. Instead we got Memphis and something called a Tulane.

Where are our damages for having OUR ENTIRE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION CRUMBLE AROUND US?

It seriously bothers the out of me that new parties to our contract want US to feel sorry for THEM WHEN THEY'RE THE ONES duckING UPGRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom