Flyover for the Nova game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Flyover for the Nova game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I used to LOVE the CT ANG A-10 flyovers of our memorial day parade in town, I would get so pumped for that.

An A-10's close fly by is nothing if not memorable. One way or the other. I get a lot more nightmares about them, than I do good memories. They haven't been stationed in CT for many years now. The past few years budget issues under Obama, the concept of military flyovers nationwide was pretty much shelved. Never mind sporting events, memorial day and july 4th parade flyby's were scrapped for a while. They lifted that budget issue just this year. I know a guy who knows a guy, etc....about a pilot from the same Naugatuck valley that Arkeel comes from, that was psyched to be able to fly over CT again this year for memorial day. First time in a long time, and pilots love that . Seeing the crowds lined up for parades and stuff. Hopefully they get the same planes to come over Rentschler for at least one of the academy games in Sept. If not, that C-130 from Bradley buzzing by like a giant bumble bee would be cool too.

Reaction Score
An A-10's close fly by is nothing if not memorable. One way or the other. I get a lot more nightmares about them, than I do good memories. They haven't been stationed in CT for many years now. The past few years budget issues under Obama, the concept of military flyovers nationwide was pretty much shelved. Never mind sporting events, memorial day and july 4th parade flyby's were scrapped for a while. They lifted that budget issue just this year. I know a guy who knows a guy, etc....about a pilot from the same Naugatuck valley that Arkeel comes from, that was psyched to be able to fly over CT again this year for memorial day. First time in a long time, and pilots love that . Seeing the crowds lined up for parades and stuff. Hopefully they get the same planes to come over Rentschler for at least one of the academy games in Sept. If not, that C-130 from Bradley buzzing by like a giant bumble bee would be cool too.

I know things change, but I miss the CT ANG A-10s buzzing around, and I miss -15s being stationed on Cape Cod.

Reaction Score
I know things change, but I miss the CT ANG A-10s buzzing around, and I miss -15s being stationed on Cape Cod.

There is a fighter wing I already noted at Barnes AFB in Mass, just north with F-15s that literally could be making circles over Rentschler about 30 seconds after going airborne. Those same planes did flyby's for memorial day all over CT back in May. As did the C130 at Bradley. There are an assortment of Army Guard helo's at Bradley at any given time that are flight ready and audible/visible flying over CT regularly. They're adding an army medevac unit as of October this year, if they're not there already. With Sikorsky in Stratford, there is no shortage of both fixed wing and rotary blade aircraft that can go airborne, are damn cool, and can buzz Rentschler, and be back on the ground in the space of a 1/2 hour. We'll see if it happens for either Army or Navy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
they did that flyover on a whim?? wow, stupid.
They had approval for the flyover. I'm nearly certain they were Virginia Beach based F/A-18 pilots. Whatever the low altitude ceiling was, they went well below it. All these pilots are made well aware of what they can and can't do. Ego is a powerful force; especially when combined with adrenaline.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I used to LOVE the CT ANG A-10 flyovers of our memorial day parade in town, I would get so pumped for that.

Dual interests there. A-10's are GE powered aircraft. Pratt may provide a not so gentle nudge to not have GE engines flying over PW field.

Reaction Score
I started looking through videos of flyovers on YouTube. This one is nuts;

Reaction Score
Dual interests there. A-10's are GE powered aircraft. Pratt may provide a not so gentle nudge to not have GE engines flying over PW field.

There are very few, if any, within reasonable flight time of East Hartford stateside anyway. They haven't been stationed here since 2008. Non-issue. If there is going to be a flyby, you got to choose from what's available! I'm almost positive that aside from maintenance and training rotations, the entire remaining A-10 compliment is active duty deployed overseas. The air force has tried to retire them for years, but there just is no other plane like it, and we need it

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We should move the games to the long term lot at Bradley. People could watch planes go back and forth like Shea Stadium and we'd capture that population of people whose flights are delayed.

Reaction Score
We should move the games to the long term lot at Bradley. People could watch planes go back and forth like Shea Stadium and we'd capture that population of people whose flights are delayed.

I appreciate the attempt at ironic humor, but this is fantastically bad. Lol.

The bald eagle is a cool thing. I hope jonathan isn't a bird hater. Then again, him trying to track the bird might be worth a watch.

Reaction Score
You'll recall that 2 (?) years ago a B-25 did a flyover at The Rent. T'was cool.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Full write up about the Ga Tech Flyover.

http://archive.navytimes.com/article/20100319/NEWS/3190318/Pilots-grounded-good-after-low-flyover

Two F/A-18E Super Hornet pilots from Strike Fighter Squadron 136 have been permanently grounded for flying too low before a Georgia Tech football game Nov. 7, according to a source.

The pilots, both mid-'90s graduates of Georgia Tech, flew over Bobby Dodd Stadium in downtown Atlanta at just a few hundred feet above the stadium, under the 1,000 feet minimum required by Navy rules.

Reaction Score
You think the rental security guards at Rentschler are bad? Could you imagine the insufferable TSA agents if this were to happen? Not only would there be no more standing behind the red line, but we would all be subject to taint searches.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Full write up about the Ga Tech Flyover.

http://archive.navytimes.com/article/20100319/NEWS/3190318/Pilots-grounded-good-after-low-flyover

Two F/A-18E Super Hornet pilots from Strike Fighter Squadron 136 have been permanently grounded for flying too low before a Georgia Tech football game Nov. 7, according to a source.

The pilots, both mid-'90s graduates of Georgia Tech, flew over Bobby Dodd Stadium in downtown Atlanta at just a few hundred feet above the stadium, under the 1,000 feet minimum required by Navy rules.

Reaction Score
From the youtube video those F18 pilots were pretty damn close to at least one big building in Atlanta after clearing the stadium airspace. A few hundred feet might be generous at that point. I have no idea why the landing gear would be purposely down other than to create even more noise and turbulence unless for some reason an F18 is more manueverable at low speed low altitude with gear down than up. Judging by their CO's resulting actions, I'm guessing that is not a characteristic of an F18.

Dumb pilots.

Reaction Score
Looks like in addition to the eagle flyover during the national anthem there will be a F-15 flyover as well.

Reaction Score
Looks like in addition to the eagle flyover during the national anthem there will be a F-15 flyover as well.

Is there a SuperLike button?

Reaction Score

I've seen -15s flying when they used to come out of Otis ANG base on Cape Cod. There is nothing better than F-15s, I know they're considered "yesterday" but my God are they awesome to watch.

Reaction Score
My all time favorite flyover. UConn vs ND. Whoever did this video was in the UConn section and at the end it sounds like your wife @Nostical. Goose bumps from the flyover and the game itself.

Reaction Score
From the youtube video those F18 pilots were pretty damn close to at least one big building in Atlanta after clearing the stadium airspace. A few hundred feet might be generous at that point. I have no idea why the landing gear would be purposely down other than to create even more noise and turbulence unless for some reason an F18 is more manueverable at low speed low altitude with gear down than up. Judging by their CO's resulting actions, I'm guessing that is not a characteristic of an F18.

Dumb pilots.

I was
At a lacrosse game, sorry, scrimmage at Westpoint a few years ago. No flyover was expected but an A-10 flew over the stadium at the start of the scrimmage. Almost peed my pants! Don't know the altitude but it was close! Holy Moly!

Reaction Score
Almost sad that you had to make the connection for some people.

As for military jets, -22's out of Langley would be the closest combat jets that are Pratt powered and not 30 years old.

Aren't there F15's out on the Cape at Edwards?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My all time favorite flyover. UConn vs ND. Whoever did this video was in the UConn section and at the end it sounds like your wife @Nostical. Goose bumps from the flyover and the game itself.

I'm fairly sure that I saw myself in this video when he panned over to his right. Was a cool moment indeed. The sound vibration almost equalled the vibration from Greg Lloyd's hit on Armando Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom