Florida State Drama | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Florida State Drama

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rule 2: Someday, Rule 1 will be broken.
Chris Janson Reaction GIF by Music Choice

Reaction Score
That is certainly a stronger conference than the Big XII. And I agree with you — only UNC, UVA, Clemson and FSU can be confident they will have a chair when the ACC comes into play.
Absolutely, though UVA might be a little questionable. Further, if FSU and Clemson were unfettered now, the SEC would already be calling. Then they would have 18 teams and a complete lock on the southeast and the best breeding ground for D-1 players. "The rich would get ridiculously richer..."

Reaction Score
Absolutely, though UVA might be a little questionable. Further, if FSU and Clemson were unfettered now, the SEC would already be calling. Then they would have 18 teams and a complete lock on the southeast and the best breeding ground for D-1 players. "The rich would get ridiculously richer..."
The B1G has coveted UVA for decades. They'll get their soft landing when the time comes.

Reaction Score
FSU also covers returning athletes....
Then you understand why UNC might agree on unequal revenue sharing to help cover current expenses. Now can get by either way, since our booster club raised 600 million over the last 5 years of which the AD only reported 116 million as revenue, we spent 200 million on facility improvements during that time, so that means 284 million dollars is collecting interest somewhere

Reaction Score
UNC should spend money on having real classes. Worry about the sports stuff later.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow is the deadline for any school in the ACC to notify the conference of their intent to withdraw for the 2024-25 school year.

FSU has to schedule a board meeting 24 hours in advance if such a vote were to take place.

Unless FSU publicly announces a Tuesday board meeting by midnight tonight, FSU doesn’t plan on leaving for the 2024-25 school year.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Tomorrow is the deadline for any school in the ACC to notify the conference of their intent to withdraw for the 2024-25 school year.

FSU has to schedule a board meeting 24 hours in advance if such a vote were to take place.

Unless FSU publicly announces a Tuesday board meeting by midnight tonight, FSU doesn’t plan on leaving for the 2024-25 school year.
They never were.

Reaction Score
They never were.
As for tomorrow's deadline, I'm going to recommend one song to all Florida State fans so they can understand what is going on. Think of your existence as being similar to the guests of the Hotel California. At least for a while longer.

"You can check out any time you want, but you[r rights] just can't ever leave"

Reaction Score
I would assume that at this point in time, nobody needs a board meeting. Every network has a value on schools, and every conference has a a whiteboard with their desired targets in order, and every school would have the ability to do what they need to do on a moment's notice based on prior board meetings. I mean, how could everyone not be prepared at this point in time the way things are? I would find it shocking if we were asked today to join any conference today that it would actually take a board meeting needing to be called to say yes or no. but who knows? Maybe it really is a completely disorganized cluster.

Reaction Score
And next year when we turn the calendar from July to August will get another round of FSU saber rattling and play the same "will they or won't they" game with the August 15th deadline.

Reaction Score
They never were.

I think that's right....too much to put together and moving parts (requiring much) to play somewhere else next season...but...rumblimgs changed days ago that it looks like something may happen for 2025...

Reaction Score
As for tomorrow's deadline, I'm going to recommend one song to all Florida State fans so they can understand what is going on. Think of your existence as being similar to the guests of the Hotel California. At least for a while longer.

"You can check out any time you want, but you[r rights] just can't ever leave"

Stole my line pf a month back...

Reaction Score
Says here Florida State is scared of UCF. I agree somewhat. More that they cannot stomach being viewed as being on the same level.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Says here Florida State is scared of UCF. I agree somewhat. More that they cannot stomach being viewed as being on the same level.

Ironic perhaps, since FSU is a former women's college and I'm sure Florida felt the same at some point (even if it was 1958 when they were finally forced to play them by the Florida legislature).

Reaction Score

Old slick Jimmy “borrowing” quotes from weeks ago to make his point original today :D

-> "I believe FSU, at some point, will have to very seriously consider leaving the ACC unless there was a radical change to the revenue distribution," McCullough said.

In the meantime, FSU has plenty of obstacles in the way of a potential departure, including a media deal between the conference and ESPN through 2036.<-

Reaction Score
Whomever at FSU, Clemson, UNC, and Miami signed away their media rights on the promise of The ACC Network should be fired into the Sun. ESPN absolutely fleeced the high value schools of The ACC on that deal. I can't imagine having to watch Rutgers and Mississippi State cash fat checks, while having to carry dead weight programs like BC, Cuse, and WF like a millstone around my neck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom