First Night Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

First Night Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bottom line, the quiz games and the volume should be done away with. It would have been a perfect night in front of a packed house then.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
The music and the emcee were sickeningly loud. It could have been turned down a notch or two and still been effective. There was a young toddler sitting in front of me who would start screaming every time the mc would start yelling in the mike. His family had to leave. Great impact it had on them. That whole deal was just childish, stupidity and I'm sure UConn will be getting a number of complaints about it. The volume detracted from what otherwise was a fun night.

images

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Like I said, the volume was excessive and a lot of people were complaining about it. What did it add to the evening?

Honestly, I wasn't there so I can't say. I am just generally biased towards "loud" and liked the image.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Energy was great. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

They need to let the players warm up a bit, which is why there was a delay. Otherwise, great job with it. Place was more packed than I can remember in a long while.

Reaction Score
I wasn't there so I have no frame of reference but it may not have been the right kind of event to take a 2-year old to in the first place. Some probable bad parenting there.

Reaction Score
I was there with wife and daughter , a couple girls from my aau team were there with their parents and younger siblings - no one thought it was too loud - not for a second - the sound quality on the other hand was not great but too complain about anything at all last night s totally missing the boat - please go back to pollyanish life. As said earlier not the place for a two year old and also not a setting to be quiet and subdued. It was a celebration and a absolutely great one at that, was it perfect - no, but great - we're in a league of our own god damn it!

Reaction Score
I'm watching a replay of the event. One stark difference from any time before, is how the two coaches seem to get along so well and support each other. Geno and JC respect each other, but always seemed to be a bit contentious. This is just an observation and not meant to spark a controversial thread. The main point I'm trying to make here is how well the two coaches seem to get along. That stood out to me.

Reaction Score
From watching it on espn3 I could feel how electric it was, First night was a huge success and it's extremely cool how close the men's and women's team are with each other.

Reaction Score
Ct Mike....wanted to see some pics of the commits n A'ja at First Night. Thanks for posting the pics up now. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
From watching it on espn3 I could feel how electric it was, First night was a huge success and it's extremely cool how close the men's and women's team are with each other.

I think the players tend to be pretty close. AJ Price gave an interview recently where he said he was "dying" to talk to Maya. (Both are in Minnesota)

It's just that Calhoun and Geno weren't the best of friends. (Granted, by the end of Calhoun's career, I would say the respect between the two seemed to have grown.) Whereas Geno and Kevin seem to get along very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom