Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That interaction was hilarious.

I also loved Bria throwing the alley oop. She got a little excited.. :D

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Did you notice Jefferson try to give it back to Napier immediately afterwards? That was funny, good thing she passed after her fancy dribbling! I noticed the smile on both their faces!

She did a pretty good job of it. She's quick as hell; she's gonna have the ball on a string this season.

Reaction Score
Scrimmage was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Hope they do it again next year. I think they just need to add something in the middle (maybe the all-star weekend shooting stars competition I alluded to earlier) and it will be perfect. Didn't miss the dunk contest at all, especially when guys have plenty of opportunities to throw them down in the game.

Reaction Score
She did a pretty good job of it. She's quick as hell; she's gonna have the ball on a string this season.

She is supposedly very explosive with the ball & an excellent ball handler. She needs to work on her outside shot, but she's got plus speed. Regardless, I think tonight was a hit, at least with me. It was a win-win for players-fans! Heck, I'd commit after tonight! If only UConn offered me. LOL

Reaction Score
As Amore tweeted, just go straight from the intros to the game.

If they need a filler, go w/ one of 3 pt/dunk contest/have the women's bball team do a dance.

Everything else was great.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I had a freakin awesome time. Intro movie / Player intros were awesome. Glowsticks were great. Gampel was full and loud. Not trying to be a downer, but the audio was horrible (couldn't understand a word) and the silly games after the intros were a big let down. Scrimmage was good fun though. It was funny seeing them go guys vs. gals the last minute and a half or so. :) I'll try to get a few pics up (probably later this weekend but we'll see!)

Reaction Score
Watching espn and their coverage of 9 college campuses which includes duke,kentucky,and syracuse and our fans were electric compared to what ive seen.

Reaction Score
That was pretty great. I hope they do a bunch of games where the crowds get shirts this year to pimp the new logo. Court looked incredible.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm really concerned with how disorganized the offense looked. What have they been working on in practice for three weeks?!?!
Pretty sure it wasn't how to play against girls. Lighten up and enjoy the night.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Glad they skipped the Simon Sez this year and the crab soccer thing that killed Brit Hunter's knee for good. I think it's great to see KO and Geno being supportive of each other and the men's and women's team members being very friendly as well. I think it's great for the program and great for recruits to see.

Reaction Score
Wonder how much of the excitement for basketball has to do with the pathetic state of the football team. Seems like First Night was at another level this year.

Reaction Score
As Amore tweeted, just go straight from the intros to the game.

If they need a filler, go w/ one of 3 pt/dunk contest/have the women's bball team do a dance.

Everything else was great.

They do need time to warmup. Maybe more interviews with selected players.

Reaction Score
Just as an FYI for those who attend in the future....as long as you're not pushing to get great seats just take your time, do some shopping at the Co-op and wait for the lines to dwindle and you can get mid court near the top.......all the waiting in line is only for those who care about where they sit which is fine.....

I picked up my son at Westfield State at 4pm and got there, had a bite, bought some stuff and then walked right in at about 6:15 and got top row middle and it was a fun spot. He and I have gone to about 6 of the last 7 with the ritual being Willington Pizza on the way in but man it was packed when we got there........had a bite on campus. As we were driving up the main road with all the students in line he said to me "Dad maybe I should have gone to UConn there's a ton more hot chicks here than at WSU...".......tried to tell him!! LOL

Get rid of the games at mid court - bring back the 3 pt contest and the dunk contest for the guys and it would be fine. But it was fun anyway, we had a blast!! To end it all he said to me "Dad it wasn't as good as the past few but we need to come every year anyway"..................pretty proud moment not just as a dad but now knowing the Huskies have another fan for life!!!

Reaction Score
Be nice and give them apple sauce.

The music and the emcee were sickeningly loud. It could have been turned down a notch or two and still been effective. There was a young toddler sitting in front of me who would start screaming every time the mc would start yelling in the mike. His family had to leave. Great impact it had on them. That whole deal was just childish, stupidity and I'm sure UConn will be getting a number of complaints about it. The volume detracted from what otherwise was a fun night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom