First Night Scrimmage Rosters | Page 3 | The Boneyard

First Night Scrimmage Rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
While it would never have happened, it's fun to imagine how a co-ed game in the '90's w/ JC coaching against Geno would have gone down. That could have gotten interesting...

Taurasi would have started a fight.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I just hope nobody gets hurt, hate this game.
Come on, this scrimmage is nothing compared to the hell that Ollie probably puts them through practice every day. They're D1 basketball players, they all play basketball everyday.

Reaction Score
Problem was the discussion wasn't about their ratings but instead about how it will catch on everywhere else where they have no women ratings on TV. I know we have a special women's program and they love it here in CT, it's not the same anywhere else unless maybe a handful at best. Shared First Nights are going to start lighting up everywhere that's the point here.

LOL, I now realize we were somehow talking about totally different things. When I wrote this ("Mau, this event is going to catch on nationally, eventually. People will start wanting to tune in to see it") I meant that people will tune in to watch the UConn Men's/Women's mixed game!!! Not the U. Louisville mixed men/women!!!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
LOL, I now realize we were somehow talking about totally different things. When I wrote this ("Mau, this event is going to catch on nationally, eventually. People will start wanting to tune in to see it") I meant that people will tune in to watch the UConn Men's/Women's mixed game!!! Not the U. Louisville mixed men/women!!!!

So, if you build it...they will come?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Christian Foxen. I'm trying to get the nickname to catch on.
thatssofetch-e1401405763334.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I have no idea why men's and women's sports universally are talked about as separate entities across the spectrum, except when it comes to men and women's basketball.

I don't care for dunk contests, scrimmages etc., so whatever. And having a full house is better than two separate events, just don't like how they push the two sports as the same thing.

Not a big deal to me overall, just an observation.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
The way I see it, is that its a glorfied pep-rally. They do a dunk contest and a 3-point contest. Co-ed scrimmage. Awesome. it's an excuse to go out get introduced to this years Huskies, drink a few beers and have a good time. If you're going to watch a competitive scrimmage you have the wrong idea.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The way I see it, is that its a glorfied pep-rally. They do a dunk contest and a 3-point contest. Co-ed scrimmage. Awesome. it's an excuse to go out get introduced to this years Huskies, drink a few beers and have a good time. If you're going to watch a competitive scrimmage you have the wrong idea.
Personally I think they should add a who can best guard a chair contest!

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
It would be tough to drink a few beers in Gampel;).

Reaction Score
I hope Someone is going to record Uconn's first night. I need to be at UHART that night because my Daughter is on the Dance team for their first night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom