Reaction Score
Here it is...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 866
D

Deleted member 3149

Why is "uconn huskies " upside down in the blue. No way should it be facing that way

Reaction Score
Someone posted this in another thread. Seems like it has always been this way.

UCWBB01.JPG

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Does it look like the husky is winking to anyone else?

Reaction Score
Looks great, now fix the ceiling.

i read this a while back, but can't find the source (might have been on the-boneyard actually). apparently the ceiling tiles were each hand made by a gentleman in connecticut who has since passed away. i remember reading that he was the only one who could make them, and thus they have yet to develop a solution now that he is no longer alive. additionally, they were super expensive (since they were hand-made).

or maybe i'm completely wrong... anyone else care to comment?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
i read this a while back, but can't find the source (might have been on the-boneyard actually). apparently the ceiling tiles were each hand made by a gentleman in connecticut who has since passed away. i remember reading that he was the only one who could make them, and thus they have yet to develop a solution now that he is no longer alive. additionally, they were super expensive (since they were hand-made).

or maybe i'm completely wrong... anyone else care to comment?
That sounds correct.

Reaction Score
It doesn't really look final, does it? I'd imagine they'd add UCONN to the baselines or something else, no?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Since when did dark brown become a primary color? Possible new branding???

Reaction Score
I hate the two tones. Hate it. Logo looks good. But the different color inside the 3 pt lines is awful.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The old courts sucked with the dog on in the middle and now the new one sucks the same way. State outline or bust. The school ha suet to learn. Eventually some 1 in storrs will wake up and say hmmmmm maybe all the crapy decision over the years have led to this day when other schools are in food confs making 20mil plus and we make 1mil for dog poop. Maybe we should start acting like a flag ship school.....that day will never come. We have a bunch of clowns running the show. Ok and other work there asset off and they can't get to the next level hear because of drop decisions.

The state outline followed by the block c was the way to go. We put a wolf on the court. As usual a freaking plus by uconn. Lets just go private or community college because ucomm sounds a lot like uconn or a private school and not connecticut. In mother real as usual. But hey, all u clowns keep supporting it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Do you even know what a husky and a wolf look like?
Clearly not huh? I can't even tell the difference from a square and a circle. That's how stupid I am. Way to bring the combo up a notch buddy. Indiana and north Cary put state outlines on there courts. Clearly those are some of the worst programs ever and state flag ships to boot. Lets not be like them at all. They are the worst...

Reaction Score
Clearly not huh? I can't even tell the difference from a square and a circle. That's how stupid I am. Way to bring the combo up a notch buddy. Indiana and north Cary put state outlines on there courts. Clearly those are some of the worst programs ever and state flag ships to boot. Lets not be like them at all. They are the worst...

Someone call the waaaambulance.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Someone call the waaaambulance.
U should call that for the school u root for. We are in the AAC. We play half our home games in a under built from day 1 roof peeking away on campus stadium and the other half in one of the worst irises on the east coast. We play football in a stadium that has potential but is laughable compared to the big boys. We play baseball on a field that doesn't measure up to a d3 field down the street. Uconn wouldn't know marketing if it hit them in the face. The ad made a war with our bball coaches to puff chest. We're not aau. We let several figures including the old bc ad make us look like crap in the media and we laid down.

We hung out with wake Forrest while Lville had dinner with fsu. We took a iconic dog that needed to be slimmed down a bit, a bit of blue added and given some teeth not younger and let Nike poop on it and turn out a wolf. Then we let me outline it in red. Bc, umass, Cuse, Ruty and temple are all red/orange/maroon. We're blue. So yea all the teams we don't like we just made a fool of ourselves. Basically the bleed blue hash tag couldn't be any more false. We just admitted red is cool and blue really isn't. Then we took our state name and said that's no good. Screw state pride. We don't want our locals and state fans to care. We're going to call ourselves by our nickname which used to be a fun cheer but got dragged thru the mud by cheerleader who used it to offer. Those cheerleaders are not official ones because we don't lie hot girls. We like slam pigs. So now our school name is uconn which sounds like a mix of a city school and a community or commuter school conn com get it? Great job on that one. Umich, utex, uind, unorthcar are all following suit. They are late to the game. Really. Umass beat them to it and yes umass is clearly the type of company we like to commit. When Tulane comes to town this winter I hope hurricane Katrina comes with it and it floods this state and puts us all out of our Missouri. Honey bobo laughed at that. Our president was quoted saying lax was her favorite sports. We know husky nan and warde had dockers on a island with wake Forrest while a acc invite was up for grabs.

Don't u love all these new marketing videos the schools is putting out? Great commercials right? I love cooking on my charcoal grill at the rent tailgating in the soggy ground because its not paved. All the casual fans love showing up and then going home and having t clean sneakers. Playing beer pong, throwing the football and having a keg are no nos because we act like a small private schoo, and not a big public. 20k kids on campus and none of them want to track to the games. Eventually someone in storrs will ask why. Then when they realize 90% play on campus they will go huh, that makes sense. Student throws party's and pack the place. Alums come back to campus. Take tours, play golf and rehash old memory's. then giving rises very quickly so on. None of that will happen at uconn because we don't want to act lime a real schools. We're ucomm or is it uconn? The wolves of uconn or is it connecticut? What's that state name? Oh right New England.

Your part of the problem. Congrats.

Reaction Score
I never liked the two tone courts either. I just had a funny feeling the new Gampel court would end up that way especially after they made the XL Center court two tone a couple years ago. But with that being said, I kind of like this new court. Maybe its because im warming up to the new logo. Cant wait to see it in person when basketball season starts.

Reaction Score
Funny, UConn use to have the state logo on the old fieldhouse center court before Gampel. For every Carolina and Indiana there is a Kentucky or a Kansas who dont use a state logo too. Do hope the baselines have the state name at least. Prefer a clean looking court, the one Temple had a couple of years ago was too much.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Finished product looks awesome.

For those who don't like it, think of it this way: recruits will LOVE it. The two-tone court and new husky aren't about swaying the old fogie crowd; they want to appeal to recruits, and people throughout the country. Kentucky has become the cool place for recruits to go. With Kevin Ollie's enthusiasm, his talent as a coach and recruiter, the new logo, and the updated Gampel and new practice facility, we're on our way to becoming a fashionable place for recruits to come. Oh yeah, and don't forget the hall of famer that hangs around campus a few days a week.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Why is "uconn huskies " upside down in the blue. No way should it be facing that way

Are you good at visualizing? Imagine the bleachers full and the bench and team in place. You can't see the floor on your sideline. But you can see the opposite side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom