Final 4 sleeper | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final 4 sleeper

Who would you be least surprised to see in the Final 4?

• West Virginia

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • Maryland

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Mizzou

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • USF

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • DePaul/Marquette

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 28 21.4%

• Total voters

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If they had that roster... they'd have a legit shot at the final four..... unfortunately thats kinda LAST year's roster.... not sure why they havent removed last year's seniors from the list.... they do list the other players correctly in terms of their class

Oh
If they had that roster... they'd have a legit shot at the final four..... unfortunately thats kinda LAST year's roster.... not sure why they havent removed last year's seniors from the list.... they do list the other players correctly in terms of their class

Wow. I just recalled so many names and I trusted ESPN Head bangHead bangHead bang

Thanks. I guess I will keep on board so others can learn from my mistake not to trust a single source.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
We are officially in the "year after" and there's a problem. Romero, Brown, Slaughter and James are gone.
I just found out. Uurgh.Head bangHead bangHead bang

Reaction Score
I don't think the Eagles will win.
They shouldn't. One player 6'1 and another 6"0 the rest of the C N team averages 5"7". Also, in your answer to will the game be streamed, the link you gave says "audio only".

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
They shouldn't. One player 6'1 and another 6"0 the rest of the C N team averages 5"7". Also, in your answer to will the game be streamed, the link you gave says "audio only".
Yes CN will overmatched in the game. I looked all games said audio only. I'm not sure if the site is updated. The men's team plays tonight. I will see if that game is streaming.

Reaction Score
I picked other (Florida State). Their coach seem to have that team play way better than the talent on the roster. I didn't pick Maryland because they had better talent the past two years and they went round of 32 and Sweet 16. The talent is very good, especially when Christinaki play late December. But the other teams ahead of them are way better.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I voted Tennessee. As much as I enjoy them being down (nothing personal, just for the sake of my own team), I have faith in the “Return of the Lady Vols” every year it seems...

One of these years I’m going to be right...... right?

Reaction Score
I am anxious to see Tennessee play Tuesday night. The main thing I'm looking for in that game. Is the point guard position between Westbrook and Hayes. I think the both bring skills to upgrade that position.
Tennessee will be back among the elite. They have a solid core returning and some exceptional newcomers. I can easily see them making it to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Tennessee will be back among the elite. They have a solid core returning and some exceptional newcomers. I can easily see them making it to the Final Four.
Nah. They always have exceptional recruits. By next year half the newcomers will probably transfer elsewhere. That's the trend these days.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A good class about to sign also.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
For me it was between Tennessee and West Virginia.

WVU returns four starters, including Tynice Martin (who I predict will be an All-American, provided she recovers well from her foot injury). They also get a quality JC transfer in Naomi Davenport, and a promising freshman point guard in Ashley Jones.

If there were two "sleeper" teams that showed they can play up and take down some good teams, it was TN and WVU. Tennessee beat 3 of the 4 Final Four teams last year. WVU went on a rampage through the Big 12 tournament, beating Baylor in the championship game (where Tynice dropped 32 points).

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
How bizarre is it to refer to Tennessee as a sleeper? Especially considering how much talent they have perennially. I guess if you underachieve enough years in a row, you magically become an underdog, even though you have as much talent on paper as anybody. Holly is a miracle worker!

Plebe

Reaction Score
How bizarre is it to refer to Tennessee as a sleeper? Especially considering how much talent they have perennially. I guess if you underachieve enough years in a row, you magically become an underdog, even though you have as much talent on paper as anybody. Holly is a miracle worker!
Let's put it this way. Can you imagine the howls of protest around here if they were ranked in the top 8? But yeah, this could be the grand plan. Sandbag it for about four years to shed the burden of expectations, and then sneak up on everyone.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Tennessee beat 3 of the 4 Final Four teams last year.

That should infuriate their fan base, that they are able to play at such a high level yet somehow lose to Penn St., Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, Auburn (by 18!), Georgia and Alabama twice.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That should infuriate their fan base, that they are able to play at such a high level yet somehow lose to Penn St., Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, Auburn (by 18!), Georgia and Alabama twice.
Infuriated just might be the one word that best summarizes the LV fan base over the past few years.

It's why I genuinely respect a fan like Margo, who manages to stay positive despite all the tribulations.

Reaction Score
Consider teams NOT in the pre-season top 12.
(UConn / SC, Miss St / ND, Lou, Duke / Oh St / UCLA, Stan, Ore / Tex, Bay)
I'm probably a year or 3 away but VA Tech. is an emotional choice for me--I think Kenny Brooks is a comer, he needed financial backing JMU would not provide.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Alabama—3 times. Straight!! I will never forget watching Andy Landers call out the coaches and players about losing to a team 3 times in row when you have more talent and know what they like to do.

Reaction Score
I do think UT could get there if the freshmen work out and they stay healthy. Of course those things haven't worked out so well for them the last few years. I just hope the fans stay engaged as a lot of the "Fire Holly" talk caused a good bit of division and I think this class is a make or break for them.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Can I change my vote to Okie State? :cool:
Ha well this reminds me that I voted for one of only two teams to beat Okie State so far this year, which was Tennessee. :)

Reaction Score
Oregon has a great chance of making the Final Four and surprising people. Lots of young talent that has tournament experience thanks to last year. Sabrina Ionescu is a strong leader.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'll pick WV as a sentimental choice although Martin has to return, and they need a few breaks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom