February Recruiting Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

February Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2/22

Aaliyah Chavez: 28 points to send Monterrey to the sectional, including this move which I have never seen before in a game, men's or women's.

I believe that move is illegal in 17 states................. including Connecticut.........;)

Reaction Score
Tennessee got a number of good players from Oregon and UConn got a few also from the West, you tell them Mdoggie. :)

Is there a little anti-California attitude in the states to their north?

Reaction Score
2/22

Sarah Strong: 40 points (18-31 FG, 2-6 3-PT), 24 rebs, 6 steals, 6 blocks, 3 assists
These are crazy stats, regardless of competition level. You play the team/players in front of you & DOMINATE when talent discrepancy in play, which is exactly what Strong is doing.

A lot to be said for this. Many talented kids play down to their competition & only exert themselves sporadically, knowing they can coast & still put up respectable stats in the course of winning. But Strong is clearly going hard every play-- a UConn trademark if there ever was one!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/22

Zamareya Jones: 27 points, 15 assists

Plus 8 rebounds and 9 steals.

“It felt real good [to be ranked], and that I am getting noticed,” Jones said. “I’m not satisfied with that No. 25 ranking. I want to be higher, but at least I’m up there.

“Once you learn how to pass, it just comes easy. I can do flashy stuff.”

“She definitely is a special player and she pushes me as a coach,” Pittman said. “I’m an intense coach and she’s an intense player, so it’s a match made in heaven.

“She is definitely different. She’s a little pit bull. She might look sweet, but there is nothing sweet about her.”

TheWolfpackCentral - Sophomore Zamareya Jones dazzles observers

Reaction Score
Dagnabbit! Etiwanda vs Sierra Canyon Open Division championship game is sold out. Unless it’s televised, I won’t get to see 3 POIs. Drats!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
2/23
Sahara Williams: 14 points; West Waterloo moves to the state tourney

I'm really starting to warm up to Sahara Williams because she appears to be exactly the type of athletic as hell, versatile G/F, highly energetic defensive minded wing defender, & great teammate that would fit in very well at UCONN. A couple of impressive "little" thing about Sahara in the this clip: 1) She acknowledges (thanks) her teammate for every assist she receives 2) She was in a full sprint retreating on defense 3) When the game was over she went and found a teammate to hug. Anyone else warming up to Sahara as the type of player that would do well at UCONN?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm really starting to warm up to Sahara Williams because she appears to be exactly the type of athletic as hell, versatile G/F, highly energetic defensive minded wing defender, & great teammate that would fit in very well at UCONN. A couple of impressive "little" thing about Sahara in the this clip: 1) She acknowledges (thanks) her teammate for every assist she receives 2) She was in a full sprint retreating on defense 3) When the game was over she went and found a teammate to hug. Anyone else warming up to Sahara as the type of player that would do well at UCONN?

I like her quite a bit and thought she looked really skilled in early film. I can see why UConn likes her. I keep wondering if it's her or Booker at that position. I'd take either, maybe a slight edge to Booker.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/24

Madison Booker: 25 points; Duke in attendance

Aaliyah Chavez: 17 points, freshmen season ends with 999 points.

Reaction Score
I agree--Sahara is big, athletic and seems to be fundamentally sound (for example, she protects the ball with her body and minimizes a steal from the weak side)--she runs the court very well, seems to be team-oriented and is a good scorer. I can see Sahara fitting in well at UConn...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/25

Germantown gets a blowout win in its regional semi.

K K Arnold played just the first 6+ minutes:

7 pts (3-5 FG, 1-4 FT), 5 assists, 3 rebs, 3 steals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member