Facts that our Orange Friends Can't Ignore | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Facts that our Orange Friends Can't Ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been to Irish pubs around the US...but very few overseas. Tokyo has some that are all right, but the atmosphere strikes me as weird...kind of ex pat with locals.

The Irish Rover in Jamaica is just OK...and believe it or not, I have not made the rounds in Boston...only the Green Dragon because it was close to the Hall.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Re that FSU vs Florida game last night....it turned out to be a beautiful thing.

Florida beat Florida!

Yep...I typed that right.

Florida accidentally tipped in a last second three point shot by FSU...winning the game for FSU.
I thought you didn't care...

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game...but it is all over the FSU board as a "funny".

We generally don't care about basketball...but we like poking fun at Florida as much as a UConn guy likes poking fun at BC>

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game...but it is all over the FSU board as a "funny".

We generally don't care about basketball...but we like poking fun at Florida as much as a UConn guy likes poking fun at BC>

BS.

The first graph of Hoophound's post is correct...I may have been a little more diplomatic in saying it, but he is correct nonetheless. Fans of "Football" schools don't care about basketball unless the program is good.

You say, "[You there] in Tallahassee are excited about the coming playoff game....it is football."

But that indicates that you eschew absolutely everything else in anticipation of New Years Day. Have you eaten? Did you celebrate the Holidays? See, up here in New England we are able to multitask. We can watch Bowl Week in between UConn games. Saying that basketball doesn't matter is a cop out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The worst post is "on TV it looked like people aren't wearing UConn colors." Oh cool what were you wearing on your couch?
National Flag Blue baby!!
Oh wait, that wasn't a serious question?

Reaction Score
If UConn was the ACC representative ,with the same record as BC
Tickets for that game would have been impossible to get at all but ridicules prices.
Connecticut fans have proved their willingness to pay these prices.
We would haven been close if not more than 50% of the crowd. Not easy to do ,when playing against a legendary fan base. We view NYC as a second home.The crazier thing is if we were in the B1G playing BC in Boston the same thing would occur.

Reaction Score
I've been to Irish Pubs in Accra, Addis Ababa, Zagreb and there was even one for a little while in Conakry, Guinea. But the best are the St. Patty's Day balls that are held around the world. They usually greet you at the door with a pint of Guiness on tap, bottles of Jameson's and Bailey's on each table and a good Irish band for music. The food, meh.

True on the food, though after enough Jameson, it all tastes fine. When I lived in Brookline MA (Boston), right down the street was Matt Murphy's, whose food was really good.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead said:
True on the food, though after enough Jameson, it all tastes fine. When I lived in Brookline MA (Boston), right down the street was Matt Murphy's, whose food was really good.

Again the real thing is much better, though pub food is pub food...I had some excellent steak in Dublin. The sausages are good too. Didn't really warm to the Irish breakfast though.

Reaction Score
All right..I admit it...the TCU-Ole Miss game was so bad by the half that I turned the channel and watched UConn-Temple.

You know, I suspect that today's UConn game will be one of the most watched regular season games. Coming up against such a stinker of a bowl game probably had a million of football watchers like me look for another sports contest to watch.

And, like many basketball matches...the OT last second ending keeps you watching.

Reaction Score
I don't follow the intracacies of basketball so I did look up the NCAA's report of top 100 programs by attendance in 2013-14.

Syracuse is ranked #1 and Louisville #3 and North Carolina #4

NC State is #25, PITT #30, Virginia #33....FSU #82 (average 6,285)

UConn #40 average of 10, 134

Duke #45

UConn better than Duke.......FSU, Clemson, Miami, GT, VT, Wake et al

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I didn't mention Boston College.....because they did not make the cut on the NCAA's report which listed top 100 in attendance.

Reaction Score
I didn't mention Boston College.....because they did not make the cut on the NCAA's report which listed top 100 in attendance.

First of all, schools count seats differently. Many count tickets sold. Others count actual attendance.

Secondly, the reason UConn and Duke are lower is because of capacity. Gampel Pavilion and Cameron Indoor are smaller more intimate venues with 10k max capacity.

This is why a game in Hartford for UConn against a low major team like CCSU will draw thousands of more fans than a top game against Texas, or Florida, or Louisville, at Gampel. This makes for an apples and oranges comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom