Facts that our Orange Friends Can't Ignore | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Facts that our Orange Friends Can't Ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I always wear my school colors during TV games...don't you?

Or at least think like you are wearing the right colors...

I got that from Cosmo

"
My personal acting technique is working with color. Imagining, then finding the emotional vibrational mood connected to the color. See, if you look through my scripts, you see that all my lines have a special color. So, I don't memorize language, I memorize colors. This way I can go through red, yellow, green, blue, and you have a full palette of emotions.
--COSMO KRAMER, Seinfeld

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We have ersatz Irish pubs down here that are Disneyfied versions of what some designer imagines looks Irish.

I went to an "Irish Pub" in Florida and behind the bar was a bumper sticker that said "I [Heart] Northern Ireland." Disgusting.

Reaction Score
Wow, no one is at the Florida v. FSU basketball game on FSU's campus. Embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Not to FSU fans...they are watching the football bowls.

FSU has a basketball team?

Reaction Score
Only of interest to smacking fans from other schools...believe me.

Smallish city and students are out on Christmas break....but who the hell cares?

Reaction Score
Only of interest to smacking fans from other schools...believe me.

Smallish city and students are out on Christmas break....but who the hell cares?

It's Florida. The Gators. AND, they are playing in the ACC. A huge embarrassment.

UConn is also on break. 13000 showed up for the game against C. Conn. St. U.

Reaction Score
The more I think of it...this an example of culture difference...it's bowl week and northeasterners are talking about basketball. Down here, it is the prime of football time.

I am watching Georgia play football...around here, if you are not a Nole or Gator, you are a Georgia Dawg fan....we are 18 miles from Georgia.

Reaction Score
It is not any embarrassment....a smacker wats to play it up to be.
It's Florida. The Gators. AND, they are playing in the ACC. A huge embarrassment.

UConn is also on break. 13000 showed up for the game against C. Conn. St. U.

Well...what can I say? Basketball school?

Reaction Score
We here in Tallahassee are excited about the coming playoff game....it is football.

I mean basketball is OK...but it isn't baseball. Different strokes for different folks. I know, I know, 5000 folks turn out for UConn baseball.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Orbitz gives me a low of $1800 roundtrip from Tallahassee to Dublin...ouchee!

And $735 to Boston from Tallahassee.

I assume your fares are from Jacksonville...190 miles away....Atlanta is about a 10 hour round trip from here and fares are a lot cheaper.

Boston has two direct flights to Dublin and Shannon every day, it'll run about $950 for this event but you might do better. It was a fantastic event. Spent 10 days there, four in Dublin for the game and 6 exploring the countryside. Absolutely worth every penny.

Reaction Score
We here in Tallahassee are excited about the coming playoff game....it is football.

I mean basketball is OK...but it isn't baseball. Different strokes for different folks. I know, I know, 5000 folks turn out for UConn baseball.

What are you talking about? You're insane. The NCAA bball tourney makes $1 billion a year for the schools. Basketball has a huge amount of interest. Are you blind or dumb?

Reaction Score
I went to an "Irish Pub" in Florida and behind the bar was a bumper sticker that said "I [Heart] Northern Ireland." Disgusting.

The only thing that proliferates more that Irish babies are Irish bars. They are everywhere. Even been to on across the street from the JW in the Polanco district of Mexico City.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The more I think of it...this an example of culture difference...it's bowl week and northeasterners are talking about basketball. Down here, it is the prime of football time.

I am watching Georgia play football...around here, if you are not a Nole or Gator, you are a Georgia Dawg fan....we are 18 miles from Georgia.

Yes and no. While college hoops is huge up here, NFL football is much bigger. If college football ever found a way to tap into the northeastern NFL fan, then watch out. It would cause an avalanche of money that these P5 commissioners and Presidents wouldn't be able to wrap their heads (and hands!) around.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The only thing that proliferates more that Irish babies are Irish bars. They are everywhere. Even been to on across the street from the JW in the Polanco district of Mexico City.

The real deal is a whole other level. Personal favorite in Dublin is Neary's. Toner's was good too if you like a little more dank. Wasn't as big a fan of the pubs in Temple Bar, too many fakes.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? You're insane. The NCAA bball tourney makes $1 billion a year for the schools. Basketball has a huge amount of interest. Are you blind or dumb?

LOL....basketball is small potatoes in total viewership.

Sure...for three weeks in March it rules...

Down here...basketball is not what you obviously think it is.

A huge cultural gap....but then again, you probably watch hockey too.

Reaction Score
If basketball is so damn monetized...why, I ask you...is football driving the media contract bus?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
but then again, you probably watch hockey too.

You say this as if watching hockey was a bad thing. No sir. That honour is reserved for you southerners who enjoy watching a car make 1,000 left turns over a course of (way too many) hours. :)

Reaction Score
not sure what's more painful... suffering through CR as a Uconn fan or threads like this that won't die

Reaction Score
LOL....basketball is small potatoes in total viewership.

Sure...for three weeks in March it rules...

Down here...basketball is not what you obviously think it is.

A huge cultural gap....but then again, you probably watch hockey too.

Stop trying to sell a minor sport like college baseball over college basketball. It's a laughable argument. Ridiculous really.

As for who watches it, the week the B12 had big games, Baylor v. Kansas St. for instance, they couldn't get more people to watch than watched college basketball. BBall topped that game during a crucial week to the season, when Baylor was vying for a playoff spot. Not only that, but the UConn women got 700k viewers, the same as Oklahoma-Okie St.

And as someone pointed out, more people watch football up north than down south.

Reaction Score
You say this as if watching hockey was a bad thing. No sir. That honour is reserved for you southerners who enjoy watching a car make 1,000 left turns over a course of (way too many) hours. :)
I've been to the Pocono Raceway and didn't see a whole lot of southerners, but there were a lot of people and the traffic was horrible. Maybe there are more southerners at Watkins Glen International or New Hampshire Motor Speedway. LOL.

Reaction Score
I've been to the Pocono Raceway and didn't see a whole lot of southerners, but there were a lot of people and the traffic was horrible. Maybe there are more southerners at Watkins Glen International or New Hampshire Motor Speedway. LOL.

Is this a rarity? Like spotting a SuperEaglesFan?

Reaction Score
BBud, I think you are playing up the southern cliches a little too much.

You guys have barbecue, the klan, sprawling strip mall cities, mesh t-shirts, the blues and bourbon. That's about it. Everything else in the US belongs to the north. Including big boy sports.

We send you our old people, our tax money, and the commoditized industries that we cannot send to India or Mexico. In return you send us your girls gone wild videos.

The news of our demographic demise is greatly exagerated.

Reaction Score
FSU fans don't give a damn about basketball unless they are good at it, then they never STF up about it. Same with baseball and soccer. It's all important, but only if they are good at it. Don't get them started on women's soccer. Good grief.

Trust me, I married into a huge family of Gator and Nole alums/fans. FSU fans are front runners, Gator fans are loyal but brutally obnoxious. One thing I will say is that despite the southern stereotypes we Yankees were born into believing, they are all decent people with all of their teeth and above average intelligence.

Gator alumni, on average, are wildly successful in my experience. Gator nation is all bout networking and helping each other climb the professional and social totem pole. FSU alumni are more genuine people who, on average, aren't quite as financially successful.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

I've been to Irish Pubs in Accra, Addis Ababa, Zagreb and there was even one for a little while in Conakry, Guinea. But the best are the St. Patty's Day balls that are held around the world. They usually greet you at the door with a pint of Guiness on tap, bottles of Jameson's and Bailey's on each table and a good Irish band for music. The food, meh.

Reaction Score
Re that FSU vs Florida game last night....it turned out to be a beautiful thing.

Florida beat Florida!

Yep...I typed that right.

Florida accidentally tipped in a last second three point shot by FSU...winning the game for FSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom