ESPN announcement for Jones? | Page 19 | The Boneyard

ESPN announcement for Jones?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Nobody knows where Jones is going other then perhaps the coaches. There has been alot of speculation on this board about recruits and where theyre going. With that said we had all the top recruits at the UConn game and none commitmented or verballed? Strange to me that they would all come together and nothing. Now you can think what you want and blame who you want but the bottom line is UConn usually gets the number 1 player almost every year. Geno has missed on a few but overall he's done alot better then most other coaches.

As far as South Carolina. They are not very good this season and have a terrific incoming class next year however no nucleus for the incoming class to work with as 4 are seniors graduating. It will be a work in process and those who have been waiting for the seniors to graduate will not be happy waiting in the wings again with the incoming class so good that they will need playtime. I see alot of posts mentioning Jones going to South Carolina or Stanford and that may be but with rosters full and I know they will make room for her I have to wonder.

ND has 5 graduating and some pretty big names. Sam Brunelle has committed and Ive got to wonder if Jones is thinking ND or UConn. Believe me I have no inside info on this other then nobody knows and we will find out tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Has anything official came out for the Griffin signing? If not maybe they are waiting on Jones to announce the class.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Nobody knows where Jones is going other then perhaps the coaches. There has been alot of speculation on this board about recruits and where theyre going. With that said we had all the top recruits at the UConn game and none commitmented or verballed? Strange to me that they would all come together and nothing. Now you can think what you want and blame who you want but the bottom line is UConn usually gets the number 1 player almost every year. Geno has missed on a few but overall he's done alot better then most other coaches.

As far as South Carolina. They are not very good this season and have a terrific incoming class next year however no nucleus for the incoming class to work with as 4 are seniors graduating. It will be a work in process and those who have been waiting for the seniors to graduate will not be happy waiting in the wings again with the incoming class so good that they will need playtime. I see alot of posts mentioning Jones going to South Carolina or Stanford and that may be but with rosters full and I know they will make room for her I have to wonder.

ND has 5 graduating and some pretty big names. Sam Brunelle has committed and Ive got to wonder if Jones is thinking ND or UConn. Believe me I have no inside info on this other then nobody knows and we will find out tomorrow.

Tony:
Good post and I agree with your thinking on SC pretty much starting from scratch. Lot of good, in some cases great, ingredients there but Dawn has got to mix it together.

ND is losing four top players: Bri Turner, Jess Shepard, Arike Ogunbowale and Marina Mabrey. Of the starters, only Jackie Young returns. Even with Sam Brunelle and Anaya Peoples signed, there are currently only nine (9) scholarship players scheduled for Fall 2019. So there are certainly opportunities there in South Bend.

That said, I have no idea or information here. Prior to the Boston decision, I was thinking Aliyah to UConn and Jones to Stanford. Now, I'll just wait and see. Great player, but I have also have great faith in MM and her ability to maximize who is on the roster.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

Notre Dame only has 4 graduating:

Seniors
Arike Ogunbowale
Brianna Turner
Marina Mabrey
Jessica Shepard

Junior
Jackie Young

Sophomore
Danielle Patterson

Freshmen
Abby Prohaska
Danielle Cosgrove
Jordan Nixon
Kaitlyn Gilbert
Mikayla Vaughn

Or were you counting walk-on Maureen Butler?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

South Carolina will have a pretty good nucleus in Tayasha Harris and Bianca Jackson. Harris brings PG leadership, will be a 4 year starter with National Championship experience. Jackson will be in her 3th year of starting.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Although you wouldn't know it from most of the posts in this thread, there is another finalist for Jones who apparently shall not be named--with lots of room on the roster and a very good nucleus returning next year. It's also (relatively) close to home and has at least one player on the roster from Jones's' AAU team. One could also call the program an "up and comer." A longshot for sure, but stranger things have happened.

Reaction Score
Although you wouldn't know it from most of the posts in this thread, there is another finalist for Jones who apparently shall not be named--with lots of room on the roster and a very good nucleus returning next year. It's also (relatively) close to home and has at least one player on the roster from Jones's' AAU team. One could also call the program an "up and comer." A longshot for sure, but stranger things have happened.

I have been reminded of my failure to include that other green team as a finalist..............you should note that I have edited that earlier post

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I have been reminded of my failure to include that other green team as a finalist....you should note that I have edited that earlier post

I've just put a post on McGraw's Bench reminding folks of this announcement and Oregon has very much taken its place in the finalists (all in alphabetical order ;)).

From a basketball perspective, I can see hear productive arguments (if not persuasive) on behalf of all the finalists. As for other factors, who knows what is in the mind and heart of a teenager?
My initial gut had Jones staying on the left coast and a bit closer to home, but after Boston, I'll just pick this up around 11 a.m. EST and see what happens.

Reaction Score
I doubt Jones leaves northwest. Pretty sure she’s Stanford bound, wouldn’t not surprised if she chooses Oregon either

Reaction Score
South Carolina will have a pretty good nucleus in Tayasha Harris and Bianca Jackson. Harris brings PG leadership, will be a 4 year starter with National Championship experience. Jackson will be in her 3th year of starting.
Coco-good post. I've always felt that a strong college nucleus starts with the point guard. Would love to see Geno bring in an under the radar talent that would be able to learn from Crystal for a year. Sometimes "smart" is as critical a skill as raw physical talent for this role.

Reaction Score
I've just put a post on McGraw's Bench reminding folks of this announcement and Oregon has very much taken its place in the finalists (all in alphabetical order ;)).

From a basketball perspective, I can see hear productive arguments (if not persuasive) on behalf of all the finalists. As for other factors, who knows what is in the mind and heart of a teenager?
My initial gut had Jones staying on the left coast and a bit closer to home, but after Boston, I'll just pick this up around 11 a.m. EST and see what happens.

this 2019 group has been full of mostly (thanks AG!!) unfortunate surprises...........................if ever UConn needed a player right now Ms Jones is the one..........................I'm sure she wants to revive my faith in man/woman kind so UConn it is!!! :p............................or maybe not........................:(

Reaction Score
Tony:

That said, I have no idea or information here. Prior to the Boston decision, I was thinking Aliyah to UConn and Jones to Stanford. Now, I'll just wait and see. Great player, but I have also have great faith in MM and her ability to maximize who is on the roster.

A faith that many UConn fans seem to have lost in their coach. Apparently 11 national championships is not enough to inspire confidence.

Reaction Score
this 2019 group has been full of mostly (thanks AG!!) unfortunate surprises.......if ever UConn needed a player right now Ms Jones is the one......I'm sure she wants to revive my faith in man/woman kind so UConn it is!!! :p........or maybe not....:(
I like people as I ---firm in their decisions, or not.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This thread has become exceptionally pessimistic, so let me be the first and probably only person to state,

“Haley Jones is a lock for UConn!”

Now before everyone gets their nose hair tied in knots over my prediction, let me be clear. I’m not a 3rd cousin on her mother’s side. I haven’t seen any videos of Haley walking her brand new Husky puppy around her home. In short, I have no inside information.

But no one else, outside of her immediate family, really knows what this young lady is going to do tomorrow. I’m thinking if she announces she’s coming to Storrs, I can claim the BS prize for having called it.

Reaction Score
No. Safe to assume they've been waiting.
This thread has become exceptionally pessimistic, so let me be the first and probably only person to state,

Now before everyone gets their nose hair tied in knots over my prediction, let me be clear. I’m not a 3rd cousin on her mother’s side. I haven’t seen any videos of Haley walking her brand new Husky puppy around her home. In short, I have no inside information.

But no one else, outside of her immediate family, really knows what this young lady is going to do tomorrow. I’m thinking if she announces she’s coming to Storrs, I can claim the BS prize for having called it.

A lot of people know where she is going tomorrow, I assume. The early signing period is over and she would've had to send her letter by now.

Reaction Score
I doubt Jones leaves northwest. Pretty sure she’s Stanford bound, wouldn’t not surprised if she chooses Oregon either
exactly my thoughts.....I wouldn't write off Oregon.

Reaction Score

Given your track record of starting the "Can we celebrate yet?" thread for Boston, this is not a good sign :rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A lot of people know where she is going tomorrow, I assume. The early signing period is over and she would've had to send her letter by now.
That may be true But the indication is she’s signed, dated and had the NLI notarized, meaning she can fax it after she announced tomorrow and it will still be valid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom