ESPN announcement for Jones? | Page 17 | The Boneyard

ESPN announcement for Jones?

Reaction Score
Nothing will shock me anymore... all this speculation ... wouldn’t surprise me if jones ends up signing with South Carolina .. kids and recruiting is just one big headache to figure out.. come Wednesday we will all know!!

Reaction Score
D9D03E15-FCBA-41FF-8A5A-343D5C5BB3CC.jpeg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't think that we have any chance of getting Jones, BUT if she was concerned about playing time as a freshman, this year's freshmen should ease that concern. I only mention this because tons of BYers appear to believe that this is the reason why we aren't getting all the #1 or #2, etc. players of every class. :rolleyes:

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I don't think that we have any chance of getting Jones, BUT if she was concerned about playing time as a freshman, this year's freshmen should ease that concern. I only mention this because tons of BYers appear to believe that this is the reason why we aren't getting all the #1 or #2, etc. players of every class. :rolleyes:
I don't know why Boston chose SC. I am guessing that Boston is not worried about playing time at SC. She knew that she was going to play a bunch as freshman. She is really good. Jones is the same way. Wherever she goes, playing time for her will not be an issue. If she chooses UCONN, she starts from day one, just like CW.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There's no evidence to suggest that's what happened.
No hard evidence, but all her visits to UConn, including with Paige and Azzi, make me think something strange happened.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
No hard evidence, but all her visits to UConn, including with Paige and Azzi, make me think something strange happened.

Plus she showed up to the next game with her family. No hard evidence but weird even by recruiting standards.

Reaction Score

I know this is what you’re saying, but those people are idiots. Our starting five consists of 2015 #1, 2016 #2, 2017 #1 and 2018 #1. The world is not ending if we miss out on Jones, but agree she will have plenty of time if she signs.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Plus she showed up to the next game with her family. No hard evidence but weird even by recruiting standards.
It seems to me she showed up the next game to tell Geno she wasn't coming.

Reaction Score
I went on the SC website and saw there roster. Next year as of now with the incoming freshmen they will have a roster of 14. If they sign jones that’s 15. A lot of unhappy players riding the bench. Will be interesting to see Dawn manage all those minutes.. not to mention to make all those talented players happy. Will egos get in the way? Sometimes to much talent can be a negative thing. But it also can be a very good thing depth wise. Time will tell in Columbia next year!!!

Reaction Score
I can see why -in the past- UConn has been a big draw for recruits from all over the country: coaching, championship program, prep for WBA... I mean it had to be just basketball. Why else would you choose UConn over Stanford? Geno has provided the impetus, example and inspiration for his competitors to improve , which they have... now recruits have many more quality choices. I have a difficult time believing that Haley Jones will select UConn; my bet is Stanford. Hope I’m wrong...

Reaction Score
Tons? Can you name 3?

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
These are teenaged kids. They do it because we (adults??!!) enable them by having video crews, sports writers etc. show up and make it a big deal. I was taken aback by A. Wilson's announcement until I realized that I'd do the same, if I were in her shoes. But alas, I was class of '67. There was nothing back then. So, multiple pens and coins are not too far fetched.

Reaction Score
This is taking promotion a bit too far. Again the new standard for high school recruits.

Just waiting for the first recruit to use multiple pens to sign or to issue a commemorative coin.

actually HJ has been very modest in her use of social media in hyping her recruiting plans over the past months.......................from everything I have read she appears to be a great player and a better teammate....................She has three historically great basketball powers to choose from and two up and comers that have great fan followings...................conventional wisdom has always been that if it's all about basketball then UConn is the place to go.................apparently that is no longer true at least not for the 2019 recruiting class.................I'm hoping against hope that Jones will be the player to right the UConn recruiting ship....................if she chooses to go elsewhere then my dire warnings over the past months will have come to fruition................I will take no great pleasure in that............

Last edited:
Reaction Score
IMO, after reading her twitter chat above, this recruit is bound for South Carolina. :eek:
She will end up at South Carolina. With 3 of the top 10 recruits committing she will see herself winning multiple titles .. im sure Dawn is using that as a huge selling point, the SEC the top conference, USA head coach, great education to, bla bla bla, UCONN in a bad conference , there football program is a joke, UCONN dominance needs to come to a end, play with her good friend Boston, sure they made up there minds as soon as they got back from there weekend trip to storrs and notified each other of three package deal, remember Dawn in a video saying the coaches did a amazing job on these recruits and how many times they lost out on so many recruits they wanted, how they heard a lot of no’s. How it felt good to finally hear yes. And the most important statement she said was she and SC were not done with the recruiting class... all the writing is on the wall. Haley is headed to South Carolina

Reaction Score
She will end up at South Carolina. With 3 of the top 10 recruits committing she will see herself winning multiple titles .. im sure Dawn is using that as a huge selling point, the SEC the top conference, USA head coach, great education to, bla bla bla, UCONN in a bad conference , there football program is a joke, UCONN dominance needs to come to a end, play with her good friend Boston, sure they made up there minds as soon as they got back from there weekend trip to storrs and notified each other of three package deal, remember Dawn in a video saying the coaches did a amazing job on these recruits and how many times they lost out on so many recruits they wanted, how they heard a lot of no’s. How it felt good to finally hear yes. And the most important statement she said was she and SC were not done with the recruiting class... all the writing is on the wall. Haley is headed to South Carolina

I'm not handing any NCs to Dawn just yet..................just as Tennessee has proven multiple times, successfully recruiting top 20 kids doesn't guarantee anything..............Boston will be dynamic but I have real questions about Cooke, Amihere and Beal..............any of the four finalists recruiting Jones would be that much closer to an NC with her presence............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom