Dorka out with broken thumb | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Dorka out with broken thumb

Reaction Score
We'll know A LOT more after Marquette battles against Gongaza ( Gonzaga: the victors over
Louisville). Louisville was out rebounded 50 to 31 by Gonzaga and Gonzaga had a advantage of
24 to 3 on second chance points. Hailey Van Lith was five for 20 from the field
Gonzaga out scored Louisville 18 to 6 in the overtime, winning " going away" by 12 points.

I was listening to the game yesterday. Gonzaga women's basketball, is always over looked. I love watching them play. Just fundamentally sound basketball team, especially the Truong sisters. Nothing fancy just pure fundamental basketball. Cutting, passing, footwork, and shooting. With Louisville, like always, they struggled with their shot selection. I hope the game is on YouTube soon. But congrats, Gonzaga!

Reaction Score
UConn has a problem with being forthcoming about injuries. Remember how they continued to characterize the injury to Decharmes as a "head injury"? It was a concussion, but they didn't want to admit it. Lots of failing to admit regarding injuries.
Why do you think this is a “problem”, and is there a rule where UCONN and/or any other school must immediately relay such information about the student athletes?
It’s my belief that us fans don’t need to know every single detail about the athletes’ injuries. After all, we wouldn’t want all or neighbors or co-workers to know about our ailments or illnesses.

Reaction Score
The next few games have just gotten a lot tougher. Injuries to key players are not new, but it's hard to replace 6'-5" when you are playing tall teams. I am sure that the team and the individual players will attempt to do what coach asks of them to the best of their ability. That's ultimately all that we can ask of them.

I rather doubt that NC State will suddenly change the way they play just because Dorka is not available. If they do, that could actually help the Huskies if they change their offense a few days before the game to take advantage of an injury. It's just not good practice this early in the season for them to do so in my opinion.

Reaction Score
IMHO- we are not entitled to a tic toc update on player injuries.
The only effect it has on us is the game # (_) prognosticators thread.
As for me,
Watch them exit the locker room- see who takes the floor- and let ‘em loose…

Reaction Score
Why do you think this is a “problem”, and is there a rule where UCONN and/or any other school must immediately relay such information about the student athletes?
It’s my belief that us fans don’t need to know every single detail about the athletes’ injuries. After all, we wouldn’t want all or neighbors or co-workers to know about our ailments or illnesses.
I'd just as soon that the opposition doesn't have time to adjust... I'd expect that this news came out when NC State was enroute.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Marquette beat Texas today. Soundly. Maybe they were not as good as we thought?
I doubt they were. Who gave them that #3 preseason ranking?

You don’t tug on Superman’s cape. You don’t spit into the wind. You don’t pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger, and you don’t mess arond with Jim. ~ Jim Croce. You also don’t put any faith in or take too seriously preseason rankings. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Looks like Louisville is losing also. Vs Gonzaga.
Gonzaga won 79-67. That’s why I suggested in a previous post that if UConn wanted to make a west coast road trip to play two games, Geno might consider Gonzaga as one of them. Gonzaga will give UConn their money’s worth. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Gonzaga won 79-67. That’s why I suggested in a previous post that if UConn wanted to make a west coast road trip to play two games, Geno might consider Gonzaga as one of them. Gonzaga will give UConn their money’s worth. :cool:
Correction - Gonzaga won 68-61.

Reaction Score
I doubt they were. Who gave them that #3 preseason ranking?

You don’t tug on Superman’s cape. You don’t spit into the wind. You don’t pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger, and you don’t mess arond with Jim. ~ Jim Croce. You also don’t put any faith in or take too seriously preseason rankings. :cool:
That first/second poll of the season is a "on paper" ranking. On paper, yeah I think Texas deserved a #3. and I'd bet they will be a 1 or 2 seed for the NCAAs. Schaefer will get them going. I think Taylor was very impressive.

Carnac

Reaction Score
The article indicated that she's going to miss 3 games, possibly a little more. She'll be back soon enough.
Geno will have to play musical chairs at the 5 until she does.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UConn has a problem? Yes, the team is dealing with multiple injuries.

Some fans have a problem. They believe, for reasons that defy logic and reason, that they have a legal and moral right to know
everything the coaches know just as soon as the coaches know it. They think that they should be part of the medical team and involved in family discussions about how to proceed.

Now, let's suppose these fans got their wishes, unlimited and immediate access to every detail of a player's medical issues.

Just how would this help the team?
...and how would it help the player?

JordyG

Reaction Score
Broken finger-miss 3 games?
Try 3 weeks.
Unless it’s a fracture.
But still.
A compound fracture, pins and 6-8 weeks, not including therapy. With a cast she can play.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Broken finger-miss 3 games?
Try 3 weeks.
Unless it’s a fracture.
But still.
Yeah. I believe she’s back when I see her on the floor. Predictions are nice but sometimes nobody tells the injury when it is expected to be healed and ready to go. I hope it is only 3 games....NC St, Duke and Iowa/Oregon St. Fingers crossed. Prayers said.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
UConn has a problem? Yes, the team is dealing with multiple injuries.

Some fans have a problem. They believe, for reasons that defy logic and reason, that they have a legal and moral right to know
everything the coaches know just as soon as the coaches know it. They think that they should be part of the medical team and involved in family discussions about how to proceed.

Now, let's suppose these fans got their wishes, unlimited and immediate access to every detail of a player's medical issues.

Just how would this help the team?
hey! do i recall correctly that u chopped and put up like 8 cords of firwood so far?
dang,
were-not-worthy.jpg

(just last week, my pal in south Vermont delivered and stacked a cord near stratton - $550! 450 for the wood, 100 for the stack.)
woodchoppers live for ever, and sometimes, become President, too.

i'll bet that by Xmas time, dorka's thumb will be working fine to skewer a slab of turkey and some apple pie. unless the issue is wrecking that rubber band at the base, then, all bets are off. that's the only specific detail i am curious aboot.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
A simple fracture of the thumb and 3 games sounds about right. A compound fracture, pins and 3-6 weeks, not including therapy.
Three games equates to a week from now, right? Seems like a quick turnaround to me but I'm not a M.D. nor have I been to a Holiday Express in quite a long time. :rolleyes:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Three games equates to a week from now, right? Seems like a quick turnaround to me but I'm not a M.D. nor have I been to a Holiday Express in quite a long time. :rolleyes:
You're correct. I did modify my quote. I've had that break and without pins or without surgery she can play with a cast.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Amari is going to be fine. She needs the coaching staff to just trust her and let her play and stop over analyzing everything.
The coaching staff isn’t going to change what’s been working for 30 years for Amari. And what kind of message would that send to the players that have done what the staff expects of them?

JBK

Reaction Score
It is a bit hard to press very athletic teams and we are a bit short handed - I agree our best offense is up tempo and Nika needs to score a bit today.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Dorka shook her hand; it wasn't the one with tape on the wrist; I thought, "Oh no", but she kept playing through it. She'd already dove, full length for a ball, saving it from going out of bounds, maybe the defensive play of the game. Now this, on top of all the other injuries.
I guess it IS the time for Amari to stand up, now or in February, sooner or later, or not at all. Time will tell. We keep asking this team to suck it up, and they have. Go Huskies.
I noticed that too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom