Dogpile on the Rabbit, dogpile on the rabbit... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dogpile on the Rabbit, dogpile on the rabbit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
4 yards per attempt sucks.
I'm not sure your point

RUSHING STATISTICS
NAME CAR YDS AVG LONG TD
Lyle McCombs 134 484 3.6 28 4
Scott McCummings 24 74 3.1 21 2
Martin Hyppolite 15 63 4.2 50 (TD). 1
Max DeLorenzo. 8 27 3.4 18 0
Nick Williams 5 16 3.2 14 0
Michael Smith. 1 3 3.0 3 0
Totals 219 613 2.8 50 7

Reaction Score
Even if you're right, it doesn't mean it's smart to open your mouth. There are plenty of truths better left unsaid.

I grew up in a family that lived by the motto "some truths are better left unsaid". The dysfunction in my siblings and my life continues.

Dumbest statement I've heard. The dysfunction on this team runs deeper than most know. Soon enough it will be corrected.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Jesse Joseph is still on the team. Nebrich is trying to make it seem as if there were some underlying problems out of his control that resulted in him transferring.

He transferred because he wasn't good enough to play at UConn. He just sounds bitter when he tries to complain about the coaching staff rather than take responsibility.

And Jesse called out his teammates and the coaches. It's only about 2000000x worse. This staff screwed Nebrich last year - his tweet is tame compared to what he really thinks.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure your point

RUSHING STATISTICS
NAME CAR YDS AVG LONG TD
Lyle McCombs 134 484 3.6 28 4
Scott McCummings 24 74 3.1 21 2
Martin Hyppolite 15 63 4.2 50 (TD). 1
Max DeLorenzo. 8 27 3.4 18 0
Nick Williams 5 16 3.2 14 0
Michael Smith. 1 3 3.0 3 0
Totals 219 613 2.8 50 7

He's referring to passing statistics.

Reactions: pj

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
What exactly is wrong with questioning his football ability? He has not shown that he is capable of playing for UConn.

If Michael Nebrich was named the starting quarterback at the beginning of the season do you think he would've transferred?

It is truly an irrelevant question. People are trying to imply that Nebrich tweeted this because he has an axe to grind about his playing time / way he was treated at UConn, as opposed to having a similar reaction to what a majority of the people on the Boneyard also seem to be pointing out.

My guess is some people are offended because they think this is schadenfraude from a former player. Personally I don't see it. Maybe he's just a fan of his former teammates and is frustrated that he doesn't see their talent being used effectively? Regardless, he's entitled to an opinion and it's probably a more valid one than most of the people here given how close he was to the program. Disparaging his football abilities to somehow denigrate his opinion is low class in my opinion.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It is truly an irrelevant question. People are trying to imply that Nebrich tweeted this because he has an axe to grind about his playing time / way he was treated at UConn, as opposed to having a similar reaction to what a majority of the people on the Boneyard also seem to be pointing out.

My guess is some people are offended because they think this is schadenfraude from a former player. Personally I don't see it. Maybe he's just a fan of his former teammates and is frustrated that he doesn't see their talent being used effectively? Regardless, he's entitled to an opinion and it's probably a more valid one than most of the people here given how close he was to the program. Disparaging his football abilities to somehow denigrate his opinion is low class in my opinion.

He legitimately has an axe to grind. He also knows what we think. That this is a circus.

Reaction Score
O
He's referring to passing statistics.
ok
PASSING STATISTICS
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Chandler Whitmer 97 166 1242 58.4 7.48 4 10 117.2
Johnny McEntee 1 2 6 50.0 3.00 0 0 75.2
Scott McCummings 1 2 2 50.0 1.00 0 0 58.4
Totals 99 170 1250 58.2 7.35 4 10 116.0

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Jesse Joseph is still on the team. Nebrich is trying to make it seem as if there were some underlying problems out of his control that resulted in him transferring.

He transferred because he wasn't good enough to play at UConn. He just sounds bitter when he tries to complain about the coaching staff rather than take responsibility.

You got all that from "It's about time someone speaks the truth about the program and not sugar coating it!" I better take some reading comprehension classes because I don't see the depth of your analysis. You are inferring far too much from 15 words.

Reaction Score
And Jesse called out his teammates and the coaches. It's only about 2000000x worse. This staff screwed Nebrich last year - his tweet is tame compared to what he really thinks.

It's only worse if the teammates and coaches care about Joseph said. I really don't think they care. Joseph is a three year starter who is a senior. Nebrich was there for a year and a half and he left the moment he wasn't named the starter. I wonder who has more respect on the team?

Reaction Score
I grew up in a family that lived by the motto "some truths are better left unsaid". The dysfunction in my siblings and my life continues.

Dumbest statement I've heard. The dysfunction on this team runs deeper than most know. Soon enough it will be corrected.

The dumbest statement you've ever heard? Really?

So if somebody is overweight, you should definitely insult them and tell them so? If you don't believe in God and your friend's mother dies, you should tell them that, no, their mother is NOT in a better place, please stop being naive?

As much as I appreciate that your family probably should hash out some issues, that doesn't mean that every true statement should be said out loud. Sometimes it's okay to spare people's feelings or show a little class or just leave well enough alone.

In Nebrich's case, it would've shown more leadership to stay uninvolved.

Reaction Score
You got all that from "It's about time someone speaks the truth about the program and not sugar coating it!" I better take some reading comprehension classes because I don't see the depth of your analysis. You are inferring far too much from 15 words.

What exactly do you think he was trying to accomplish by tweeting that?

Reaction Score

I feel like there was a Hall & Oates song about this.

Reaction Score
The dumbest statement you've ever heard? Really?

So if somebody is overweight, you should definitely insult them and tell them so? If you don't believe in God and your friend's mother dies, you should tell them that, no, their mother is NOT in a better place, please stop being naive?

As much as I appreciate that your family probably should hash out some issues, that doesn't mean that every true statement should be said out loud. Sometimes it's okay to spare people's feelings or show a little class or just leave well enough alone.

Well stated. I was wrong and you were right. Tell the players to shut the duck up and give PP a 5 year extention.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

I agree with 95%+ of the stuff you say here but I don't get this one. Leadership of what? Fordham football? Does the status of UConn football impact Fordham football at all? By tweeting something about his former team has he shown that he was a malcontent, a bad apple or anything else? Not to me. Did he ever show that while at UConn? I didn't see it. To me, he is simply affirming a view that many fans and at least one newspaper opinion writer feels about UConn football. He isn't on the team. He's certainly entitled to an opinion and I don't see why his leadership should be questioned for publishing it.

Sometimes having leadership is having an opinion and not keeping it to yourself. It all depends on the situation. Given he isn't on the team, I don't see why this is an indication of Nebrich's character.

pj

Reaction Score
O
ok
PASSING STATISTICS
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Chandler Whitmer 97 166 1242 58.4 7.48 4 10 117.2
Johnny McEntee 1 2 6 50.0 3.00 0 0 75.2
Scott McCummings 1 2 2 50.0 1.00 0 0 58.4
Totals 99 170 1250 58.2 7.35 4 10 116.0

Do you disagree that Chandler Whitmer's 7.5 yards per attempt and rating of 117.2 is better than Nebrich's 4.9 yards per attempt and rating of 62.8?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/533264/chandler-whitmer
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/512108/michael-nebrich

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
What exactly do you think he was trying to accomplish by tweeting that?

What are we all trying to accomplish by posting on this board? Expressing an opinion. Nothing wrong with that. I have no idea who follows his tweets but maybe he was trying to show some solidarity for his former teammates since they cannot express their opinions as publicly as he has? I have no idea but your explanation is just as plausible as mine. I have no idea which is right or if it is something else but I'm not going to assume the worst possible reason for someone's intent and then apply that to my opinion of their character.

Tweets are a lot like e-mails. It is very hard to get the tone of someone's comment and it is very easy to misconstrue intent. It happens all the time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's only worse if the teammates and coaches care about Joseph said. I really don't think they care. Joseph is a three year starter who is a senior. Nebrich was there for a year and a half and he left the moment he wasn't named the starter. I wonder who has more respect on the team?

The coaches would care more about what a player who left said versus what a player on the team says?

Someone worthy if respect wouldn't kill his teammates and coaches publicly.

This is so insane it's impossible you mean it.

Reaction Score
The coaches would care more about what a player who left said versus what a player on the team says?

Someone worthy if respect wouldn't kill his teammates and coaches publicly.

This is so insane it's impossible you mean it.

I never said that the coaches care more about Nebrich. Don't misquote me.

How the hell do you know if Jesse Joseph is worthy of respect? Have you ever met him? Or are you just going off of some ridiculous principle related to how someone uses twitter?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I never said that the coaches care more about Nebrich. Don't misquote me.

How the hell do you know if Jesse Joseph is worthy of respect? Have you ever met him? Or are you just going off of some ridiculous principle related to how someone uses twitter?

I don't know if he is or not. I know if he were on my football team he would have been banned from twitter a long time ago.

If he uses it to bash his teammates and coaches... Yeah I have a problem with that. I know so ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I don't know if he is or not. I know if he were on my football team he would have been banned from twitter a long time ago.

If he uses it to bash his teammates and coaches... Yeah I have a problem with that. I know so ridiculous.

Here are the game related tweets from him that I see:

upmost respect to the boss man. Great coach, great person

Need more consistent pressure. I'm going crazy over here

Play woulda been a touchdown if he let the ball fly earlier

He running like he got something to prove

Lets go Lyle!!

Shamar is a big ass human being

When all 3 units click, we're close to unstoppable. Don't care what y'all gotta say

Lo's holding his own out there. Finally getting comfortable at the DE spot

Come on man!!! WTF

There u go Sio. them screens

D's about to go ham

Let Martin get warmed up, he going to take off on these cats

I feel creepy for copying a college kid's tweets, but unless he deleted something, I don't see how that can be construed as "bashing". Even so, it was mostly very positive.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Here are the game related tweets from him that I see:

upmost respect to the boss man. Great coach, great person

Need more consistent pressure. I'm Fecunditying going crazy over here

Play woulda been a touchdown if he let the ball fly earlier

He running like he got something to prove

Lets go Lyle!!

Shamar is a big ass human being

When all 3 units click, we're close to unstoppable. Don't care what y'all gotta say

Lo's holding his own out there. Finally getting comfortable at the DE spot

Come on man!!! WTF

There u go Sio. Fecundity them screens

D's about to go ham

Let Martin get warmed up, he going to take off on these cats

I feel creepy for copying a college kid's tweets, but unless he deleted something, I don't see how that can be construed as "bashing". Even so, it was mostly very positive.

if those are jj's tweets then he cleaned it up as he should have. when it was happening he right away was like wtf no timeout? then said something like i gotta be quite before i get int toruble...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
if those are jj's tweets then he cleaned it up as he should have. when it was happening he right away was like wtf no timeout? then said something like i gotta be quite before i get int toruble...

Bingo those aren't the tweets.

Reaction Score
I am really surprised the way a bunch of you go after NM. We have absolutely no clue if he was given an equal chance by this coaching staff. This coaching staff has its bias concerning the type of player to get playing time (all coaches do). So it is very possible that these coaches did not care for NM's game and he really never had a chance.

I can tell you this - when I saw him get playing time there was MINIMAL difference in his performance versus JM's, yet Mike rode the bench hard while JM played.

So I have no problem in his twitter post, he's a kid and RE leaving did him no favors. And to those that say he isn't a D1 player and quit on the team, I consider those remarks infinately more inappropriate then NM's slight twitter statement.

Reaction Score

"WTF no timeout"? That's considered to be bashing someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom