Dogpile on the Rabbit, dogpile on the rabbit... | The Boneyard

Dogpile on the Rabbit, dogpile on the rabbit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Michael Nebrich@brokenKNEEbs12
It's about time someone speaks the truth about the program and not sugar coating it! http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-jacobs-uconn-fb-column-1010-20121009,0,4043430.column …

May be accurate but it comes off as sour grapes to me.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
when our end of the 1st half situation happened and the first thing on my twitter feed was Jesse Josephs comments(i was hawking tiwtter for updates), i knew we were as a program. i wasn't watching live but for him to even say anthing i knew it was game over. after i watched i jumped ship officially.

Reaction Score
when our end of the 1st half situation happened and the first thing on my twitter feed was Jesse Josephs comments(i was hawking tiwtter for updates), i knew we were Fecundityed as a program. i wasn't watching live but for him to even say anthing i knew it was game over. after i watched i jumped ship officially.

Dan, I love your passion for the program I do, but you gotta come to Earth - and this is coming from me.

We're stuck with Pasqualoni and Deleone for now, and let me ask you - how is our recruiting going? That's what you need to look at for the future. THese guys have but one job when they got here, and that was to build a full 1-A roster, which we were FAR away from when they got here. There is no doubt, NONE, that the entire coaching staff knows their asses are on the line if this program regresses on the field, we need to win games, now, and we need to get our roster up to 1-A standards vertically and horizontally.

The players on this roster, are hungry to win, and they're playing and practicing to win. I get no sense whatsoever that players aren't all in (to quote our former fearless leader), which you seem to suggest by whatever you're reading onter.

The offense needs to get their frigging act in gear, and the team needs to fire on all cylinders. It's a fundamental concept that these guys bring to teachign and coaching the game. Complimentary football. Deleone's unit, is by FAR, the weak link right now, and it seems taht it should be a lot better than it is, at this point in time, and how Coach P handles that situation, and how Deleone is running it, will go a long way to how long he lasts at UConn. Offense needs to simplify and get down to drilling what they do well home so that it's automatic and settling on the field.

As of now, I"m excited for a homecoming game. Mid October, football game at the stadium, it seems the football gods are still smiling at us with weather. If we can't get up for this game, and beat Temple at this stage of where we're at, and where they're at, then things will start getting really chippy. Our windows of opportunity to start getting on roll with this program are getting smaller and smaller, and I guarantee you that the coaches know it.

Before the season started, I was really concerned about our schedule. I thought it was going to be very tough when it was published. It's proven to be so for us. I was worried about the let down after Maryland, going to WMU, who was sure to be up to beat us, and we would be flat. I was worried about a lackluster performance for NC State before Maryland. I was worried about opening the season on teh road against Rutgers, a program that most definnitely circled us, the moment the schedule came out. I was worrieda bout the next two games, going on the road on a short week to Cuse, after 7 weeks of consecutive games. It was supposed to be WVU this week, that had me feeling very worried about our chances of success this year on the field.

At this point in time, I think that short week might be a blessing in disguise, becuase it will be less time for anybody to think. We need to get this win Saturday, and we need to get the win that Friday night, and then heal up for a while, before starting it all over and finishing the season as strong and complete as a team as we can.

We end up 3-5? and the offense is still sucking wind? I won't be behind you, I'll be in front of you leading the charge.

Reaction Score
Can I get an executive summary version of this. If not, don't worry about it.

Dan, I love your passion for the program I do, but you gotta come to Earth - and this is coming from me.

We're stuck with Pasqualoni and Deleone for now, and let me ask you - how is our recruiting going? That's what you need to look at for the future. THese guys have but one job when they got here, and that was to build a full 1-A roster, which we were FAR away from when they got here. There is no doubt, NONE, that the entire coaching staff knows their asses are on the line if this program regresses on the field, we need to win games, now, and we need to get our roster up to 1-A standards vertically and horizontally.

The players on this roster, are hungry to win, and they're playing and practicing to win. I get no sense whatsoever that players aren't all in (to quote our former fearless leader), which you seem to suggest by whatever you're reading onter.

The offense needs to get their frigging act in gear, and the team needs to fire on all cylinders. It's a fundamental concept that these guys bring to teachign and coaching the game. Complimentary football. Deleone's unit, is by FAR, the weak link right now, and it seems taht it should be a lot better than it is, at this point in time, and how Coach P handles that situation, and how Deleone is running it, will go a long way to how long he lasts at UConn. Offense needs to simplify and get down to drilling what they do well home so that it's automatic and settling on the field.

As of now, I"m excited for a homecoming game. Mid October, football game at the stadium, it seems the football gods are still smiling at us with weather. If we can't get up for this game, and beat Temple at this stage of where we're at, and where they're at, then things will start getting really chippy. Our windows of opportunity to start getting on roll with this program are getting smaller and smaller, and I guarantee you that the coaches know it.

Before the season started, I was really concerned about our schedule. I thought it was going to be very tough when it was published. It's proven to be so for us. I was worried about the let down after Maryland, going to WMU, who was sure to be up to beat us, and we would be flat. I was worried about a lackluster performance for NC State before Maryland. I was worried about opening the season on teh road against Rutgers, a program that most definnitely circled us, the moment the schedule came out. I was worrieda bout the next two games, going on the road on a short week to Cuse, after 7 weeks of consecutive games. It was supposed to be WVU this week, that had me feeling very worried about our chances of success this year on the field.

At this point in time, I think that short week might be a blessing in disguise, becuase it will be less time for anybody to think. We need to get this win Saturday, and we need to get the win that Friday night, and then heal up for a while, before starting it all over and finishing the season as strong and complete as a team as we can.

We end up 3-5? and the offense is still sucking wind? I won't be behind you, I'll be in front of you leading the charge.

Reaction Score
The summary is this. Win the next two games, get on a roll, and finish the season strong, go to a bowl game, and demonstrate the offense is improving from last year, and all is well.

Finish the season like a wet rag on offense, and stay home again post season, and Deleone is gone, and most likely P with him.

Reaction Score
At some point, these kids have got to understand that this ain't a whiteboard you get to erase after you write something down. I was a big fan of MN. His post, following his I quit if I'm not given the job reaction, leave me puzzled. Best of luck at Fordham son and w/the rest of your life. Always best to drive down the highway looking forward, not staring at the rearview mirror.

Reaction Score
I've got no time for Nebrich here. Should keep his mouth shut.

LOL.

Way to quit when it gets tough.

The way I see it, Nebrich did his time with a coaching staff that did not recruit him. It did not work out and he moved on. To call him a quitter really is not fair. Honestly he is gone and he can say whatever he feels, it is his right if he wants. Joseph is the one who deserves to be scolded and he knows it. He is still on the team and a part of that clubhouse. No current player should be saying a darn thing, no matter how sucky it may be. But as for Nebrich or any former player, it is, and ought to be, free reign with the understanding you may just sound like you have a mouthful of sour grapes.

Reaction Score
We have no idea if he was or is good enough to play for this program.

We have every idea - he couldn't beat out the starter in either year. He's the back-up at Fordham.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So the kid saw the same thing we see - this isn't going to work and we are all allowed to say it but he isn't? He had a lot more of a vested interest than I do.

Keep in mind the staff jerked him around last year and cost his redshirt season that he could have used to transfer to an FBS school.

Reaction Score
whaler11...please check your inbox when you can.

Nebrich isn't starting at Fordham. Yes, he may know what we know about coaching. But not cool to trash your former teammates.

Reaction Score
So the kid saw the same thing we see - this isn't going to work and we are all allowed to say it but he isn't? He had a lot more of a vested interest than I do.

Keep in mind the staff jerked him around last year and cost his redshirt season that he could have used to transfer to an FBS school.

Thank you.

Reaction Score

Oh jeezzus christ whaler. The only BCS school that had any serious recruitment of Nebrich was UConn.

Reaction Score
Guess what Mike, you weren't good enough to play for this program. So shut up.

Really, man?? Now you sound like the "sour grapes" one. Explain how you justify this post, please. I beg you. How tiny is your manhood that you somehow feel good about ripping on a 19-year-old over something you know absolutely nothing about?

Reaction Score

Pardon my French, but what f###ing crap. You aren't Big East champions with far less than a I-A roster. If you are, what does that say about everyone you beat.

And, by the way, if you're seeing players in their first two years here (post P) making more of a contribution than we were used to before he got here, you are watching different games than I am.

Reaction Score
Pardon my French, but what f###ing crap. You aren't Big East champions with far less than a I-A roster. If you are, what does that say about everyone you beat.

And, by the way, if you're seeing players in their first two years here (post P) making more of a contribution than we were used to before he got here, you are watching different games than I am.

I'm talking about the roster they inherited in 2011 BL. Not anything before that. THe roster we had in 2011 on offense is not something you climb out of in a single season. We went through an entire season, playing only 3 linebackers.

Reaction Score
We have every idea - he couldn't beat out the starter in either year. He's the back-up at Fordham.

Nebrich was getting plenty of snaps at Fordham. Week 2, vs Villanova (a more than solid FCS team)...

8 of 11 for 45 yards. 22 carries for 107 yards and TD. Yes, we're absolutely positive he couldn't have played here. Got it.

Reaction Score
whaler11...please check your inbox when you can.

Nebrich isn't starting at Fordham. Yes, he may know what we know about coaching. But not cool to trash your former teammates.

Where is he trashing his teammates? did i miss that? He refers to the "program" which is in clear reference to Jacobs' article. What does that have to do with his teammates?

And what does "not being good enough" have to do with him strongly agreeing with a news article on a topic he knows plenty about?

Reaction Score
Oh jeezzus christ whaler. The only BCS school that had any serious recruitment of Nebrich was UConn.

Wrong. When Edsall quit K-State and Temple came in hard...

Also, Solich wanted Nebrich to come to Ohio. Frank Solich might, and I say, might, have a clue about division 1 football players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom