Dick Weiss reporting that Umass and Tulsa could both join Uconn and seven others in a new conference | The Boneyard

Dick Weiss reporting that Umass and Tulsa could both join Uconn and seven others in a new conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was in today's paper. Saying that both those schools (Tulsa and Umass) might join UConn, Memphis and Cincy in a new conference. Just writing what I saw. Don't hate the messenger.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Is there a link for that? I'd love to read about this one...

Reaction Score
It was in today's paper. Saying that both those schools (Tulsa and Umass) might join UConn, Memphis and Cincy in a new conference. Just writing what I saw. Don't hate the messenger.

Why not? This news stinks along with everything else that is being 'reported' recently, both legit info. and speculative.

I just don't have a very favorable opinion of you.

Reaction Score
Why not? This news stinks along with everything else that is being 'reported' recently, both legit info. and speculative.

But I do like your avatar!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Hey now. His avatar is rockin'...

Reaction Score
Most probably disagree but I'm ok with UMass. At least it's a New England school with decent basketball and a guaranteed W for us in football.

Reaction Score
Most probably disagree but I'm ok with UMass. At least it's a New England school with decent basketball and a guaranteed W for us in football.

The company you keep shapes your national perception, and perception is the only thing that matters.

We've gone from associating with Syracuse, Louisville, Pitt, Notre Dame, Georgetown, and Marquette to associating with Houston, Tulane, East Carolina, and God knows what other dregs of the basketball world. UMass is a further step toward decline and irrelevance.

Reaction Score
The company you keep shapes your national perception, and perception is the only thing that matters.

We've gone from associating with Syracuse, Louisville, Pitt, Notre Dame, Georgetown, and Marquette to associating with Houston, Tulane, East Carolina, and God knows what other dregs of the basketball world. UMass is a further step toward decline and irrelevance.
This. +1000

Reaction Score
Hold on..so now the BBall schools are getting 4 mil each? The joke just keeps on getting sicker.

And props to MSG for not bowing down to the ACC like everyone else in the northeast.

Reaction Score

and Tulsa sounds better to you? I would rather be associated with UMass than East Carolina and Tulane

Reaction Score

Your avatar is what Tiger needs to win more majors.

Reaction Score

All true but that is history for us. Moving forward I'd rather be playing Umass than Tulane or East Carolina.

Reaction Score
This. +1000

I'm with you. If Warde Manual signs on for this and wraps us up in this pigs' blanket for the long term, I don't no what I''ll do. A league full of mediocre football programs would not only drag down our aspirations in football; but, for me(not a football fan) would kill Husky basketball(unless we sign on for a killer non-conference schedule). I can't believe Herbst and Manual would seriously consider doing this. :(

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE BEARCATS!!!

Reaction Score
I'm with you. If Warde Manual signs on for this and wraps us up in this pigs' blanket for the long term, I don't no what I''ll do. A league full of mediocre football programs would not only drag down our aspirations in football; but, for me(not a football fan) would kill Husky basketball(unless we sign on for a killer non-conference schedule). I can't believe Herbst and Manual would seriously consider doing this. :(

I understand and agree with your point but what is the alternative?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I don't really like this, but I agree that it's true.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Add nobody.

UConn
Cinci
UCF
USF
ECU
Tulane
SMU
Houston

Only add when teams leave. Why is 10 so special? I'd rather play 7 conference games (8 if Navy joins) and schedule whoever, whenever, wherever. If we can't fill a spot with a quality opponent, then at Mess.

Reaction Score
Here's the problem. I'm opposed to UMass because they're terrible in football. Like, really really really bad. They don't add anything.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't know. I truly wish we had some info...any info regarding any possibilities with the ACC or Big 10. Are we really in a situation where we have no choice. And to pi$$ me off even more, I just read Jacobs' article in the Courant and he seems to be asking his readers to try to find a way to live with this. I really don't understand it. As I posted in an earlier thread, I don't know why the Horde(who can be cantankerous and unrelenting) haven't been bringing some serious attitude and persistent investigation to this situation. They should be as pi$$ed off as we are; and I'm not seeing anything useful from them. They should be a "suit of armor" for the fans...a sharp prong protecting our interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer