Diamond is Day to Day for Lady Vols | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diamond is Day to Day for Lady Vols

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Tennessee is a top 10 team. Sorry if that ruffles some feathers. I want to play and beat every top 10 team. And then do it again in the tourney just to be sure.
Well one, that's impossible. There are only 6 games in the Tourney. You can't play all 9 in the top 10. And two, anyone who wants to see TN in the top 10, or play them in the FF or play them at all, really should have their UCONN fan club membership revoked. People like that make me sick to my stomach.

YdcKtcQ1RemaOYofqRWy_index.jpg

Reaction Score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deshields-still-uncertain-no-4-lady-vols-season-202930452--ncaaw.html

Diamond is the key for the Lady Vols to reach the Final Four. She's got to be 100% healthy by the end of the season. The question is will she? She's now going on almost two years with nagging injuries that has impacted her playing time. She was not healthy at the end of her Freshmen Season at UNC, all of last year, even though she was sitting out and now the start of this year.

Diamond is a great talent. I have supreme empathy for kids with physical problems who have to live with them daily. Diamond will live up to her potential what ever that may be. Every team needs an "on floor" coach. Sue,Shea, Rene, Stewie, Jefferson, etc all at times "on floor coaches", it good for the team and the coach.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Right. Take that argument to Baylor with their bs OOC schedule.
Just because Baylor's OOC schedule does not include an away game and includes such powerhouses as a Grambling team that was #336 of 349 teams last year, it's a very wee bit unfair to call it b.s. First, the bulls may be offended that their useful product is being put to such a derogatory purpose, and also Baylor did at least get one preseason ranked team on the slate, though at #24, MSU is barely so. And look at the hopeful side, the Bears' OOC can only get better next year -- unless of course Kim decides that playing Grambling 10 times in a row is the fashion.

And HF21, nice of you to volunteer the Huskies players for an unremittingly tough and absurd OOC schedule that is twice as tough as their current true-grit blockbuster. Thought the goal was to win an NC instead of putting the team through ridiculous meat grinders in the fall. And if you are pushing the craziness, why does it have to be limited to the teams that are preseason top 10? Why not another UT team (Texas) at #11 that hasn't sh-a-t on the Huskies' reputation in the past?

When you say "I want to play and beat every top 10 team," do remember it is not you who are playing these games but college players who have a lot of pressures on them and maybe don't need a totally ridiculous schedule that no team in even professional sports play. I mean, if you want to go challenge yourself to play a schedule of daily one-on-ones against a 7-foot dead-eye 3-point-shooting magic-handle opponent, by all means, but trying to push even more grit on the Huskies even than the super coarse sandpaper slate that Geno has lined up is a bit nervy.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Tennessee is a top 10 team. Sorry if that ruffles some feathers. I want to play and beat every top 10 team. And then do it again in the tourney just to be sure.
Just my observations: You are not just ruffling feathers by suggesting this. more like ripping off a scabs from third degree burns with duct tape. Third Degree burn is when ALL layers of the skin has been damaged beyond repair.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think it's good that Holly and Diamond talk about it. Rather than Holly saying your playing. Then the injury get worse. A athlete knows when they feel good and when something is not right.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just my observations: You are not just ruffling feathers by suggesting this. more like ripping off a scabs from third degree burns with duct tape. Third Degree burn is when ALL layers of the skin has been damaged beyond repair.

My feathers are always ruffled and I pay a lot to keep them that way!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wish Diamond a complete recovery and really hope she can play up to her potential. I believe she is one of those marquee players that as a fan I enjoy to watch. On another note I have read some speculation that the reason UT is not signing any recruits is because of Diamond. Thoughts ?

Who was on their list and what teams were they lost to? They are still in the running for McCoy according to the list, though some Tenn fans seem to have given up that hope.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Who was on their list and what teams were they lost to? They are still in the running for McCoy according to the list, though some Tenn fans seem to have given up that hope.

Cox, Holmes, Kiara Lewis, Destiny Slocum to name a few. I, for one, think McCoy is a sure thing to OSU...I think she follows Lewis there. I'm reading WAAAY into her comments from her last interview but she was asked if she watches where the other recruits are going and she said (paraphrasing) that she does because with some she's developed some relationships with and would like to play with them. Since we haven't signed anyone, that eliminates us IMVHO. Like I said, I'm a nobody...just love Women's BB. And I appreciate great bball, including UCONN :)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Well one, that's impossible. There are only 6 games in the Tourney. You can't play all 9 in the top 10. And two, anyone who wants to see TN in the top 10, or play them in the FF or play them at all, really should have their UCONN fan club membership revoked. People like that make me sick to my stomach.

YdcKtcQ1RemaOYofqRWy_index.jpg

I agree 99%, but you have to admit to a little voice inside saying that it would be neat to meet them in early in a tournament game and put a serious ass whuppin' on them.

Reaction Score
On another note I have read some speculation that the reason UT is not signing any recruits is because of Diamond. Thoughts ?
While there could be some of that involved, I think it has more to do with Holly & staff, or perhaps more accurately Pat Summitt's departure.

For a few years after Pat's diagnosis, the aura still existed and Tennessee could still attract some top players. But we're dealing with young people here whose influences are from the here-and-now and not ancient history. Let's face it, outside of Knoxville, the TN coaching staff isn't dynamic when stacked up against the staff's of UConn, ND, Baylor, Stanford, South Carolina, Louisville, Dayton and several other hot coaches and programs. TN is no longer head and shoulders above most.

Since there is playing time available, particularly at the 5, and recruits aren't flocking to Kville, it must be quite alarming to the TN fans. Something is amiss and perhaps the true answer is only known within the social media network to which recruits are the only members.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
is only known within the social media network to which recruits are the only members

You mean a super secret Instagram sorta site?! :confused: I do think the answer, not there is just one, but the more often than not reason is for lots of these kids Tenn is very yesterday. One of factor that may be afoot, and admittedly this is total speculation, is the vibe within the program for more than a few years now has been that the team is less than together in a harmony sense. Maybe recruits sense that?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Fact is, at some point some year UConn and the Vols will meet up. And as always, the Huskies will be shooting straight and executing a great game plan.

s.jpg

Now that is a sweet little Ruger 45/22 with bull barrel and target sights!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Fact is, at some point some year UConn and the Vols will meet up. And as always, the Huskies will be shooting straight and executing a great game plan.

s.jpg
Yea, yea, facts. I like that.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I agree 99%, but you have to admit to a little voice inside saying that it would be neat to meet them in early in a tournament game and put a serious ass whuppin' on them.
For this to happen, the tourney committee has to be willing to put the two schools in the same bracket - sadly, for some years now, it seems like there's been an unwritten rule dictating that this be avoided. I know there are various rules that limit where schools can be bracketed, but it sure has looked like somebody(ies) do not want this match-up to happen, unless it is unavoidable, and on the national stage. And, Tennessee has failed to advance far enough to make that happen.

Reaction Score
Because DD is letting her COACH know about her body :confused: Hmm.. thank god you weren't a fan of my team when I played;)
I don't know your school's SOP.
But I know in UConn, a player's health condition will be announced by the coaches or the health department first, not from a player. It is kind of respect to the professional.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I remember holly telling us last season that tucker and jones were both day to day and we all know how that turned out. Tucker played a total of two minutes and then transferred. Jones was done for the rest of the season. The only player we knew wasn't coming back was Harrison since her injury was obviously season ending. It's really hard to decipher Holly's coach speak, especially when it comes to injuries. Of course she says diamond is day to day, but she hasn't even been cleared for full contact yet. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid we won't see diamond for most of the season and when we finally do, her minutes could be very limited.

Reaction Score
I don't know your school's SOP.
But I know in UConn, a player's health condition will be announced by the coaches or the health department first, not from a player. It is kind of respect to the professional.
I'm no Vols fan but if I'm interpreting the situation correctly it seems as if DD isn't announcing anything. She's letting Holly know how she feels in HER own body. If there's any announcing going on it's Holly announcing how she handles player injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom